Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Time to remind everyone that if you want to buy a telly (or any other form of home entertainment) Richer Sounds exist, are no more expensive than any other shop, and are owned by their workers (well 60% owned, with the other 40% going to them when Julian Richer dies). Also they don't pretend to be on first name terms with me in their emails which counts for a lot IMO. It's just a pity they sold up their white goods business to AO.

Seconding Richer Sounds as a place to buy entertainment stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarence
May 3, 2012

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah Curry's is fine. In Milton Keynes they're paired with PC World in the same building (which makes sense as PC world is owned by Curry's). They're decent enough for appliances. I bought a (cheap) TV from there in like 2012 when I bought my house. Also yeah if you need a cable right now instead of waiting for one to be delivered or something they're OK for that (but also take the absolute piss on cable prices just like everywhere else).

That's made me poke around Milton Keynes on google maps trying to remember where PC World is. Some of it's completely changed - I used to play 5-a-side football at the hockey stadium and was confused until I realised it had been completely knocked down.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Biscuits brown.