Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Guavanaut posted:

It does feel sometimes like Eddie Izzard is taking the piss, especially with the whole "I don't care about pronouns and JKR isn't transphobic" thing, but I don't know enough about whether that was a fair representation of what they said, only that it did understandably cause upset.

Why Glinner cares so much about whether Eddie Izzard is a woman or not is a different matter.

When - if - Eddie decides to tell the story of how she got to where she is, it will probably be a lot clearer. I don't like some of what she's come out and said but from what I know I don't believe she's taking the piss at all, but It's Complicated, as it always is, but her tale to tell.

Linehan on the other hand can unambiguously gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
One of these

https://twitter.com/govindajeggy/status/1488519378601746436

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I've met Jimmy Carr a couple of times and granted I'm just some random woman on the street but you know what? He IS lovely, face to face and nothing like his stage persona which you kind of have to see him "off" to realise isn't him. I don't believe for a minute he seriously thinks it was a good thing the Nazis persecuted the Roma

But. Whether he thinks that or not is irrelevant, as is his personal demeanor. He still thought that that joke, in this climate in particular but at all, really, was good to tell and for that and many more reasons the guy is a prick. He might have been doing a character doing that bit but the character didn't decide to do it, he did.

Anyone coming out and saying "oh but he's a sweetheart really" as if that negates the act of using his platform to put that poo poo into the world is wilfully missing the point and if anything it ought to be a point of reflection that people acting mannered can hide toxic lovely people underneath. Nobody should be defending this

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
When it comes to bodies, right wingers do tend to have an obsession with purity which leans less on historicity and more on their own attitudes to tradition and body autonomy. Tattoos are, and have always been, cool.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Same. Where does "take the L" come from anyway, please tell me so I can hate it at the source

Sports, innit. L for a loss, W for a win

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

sebzilla posted:

The problem with capitalism is you eventually run out of other people's assets.

I mean there's already a golf course on the moon so landlords is par for the course

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Film is bad but song is good. C"Mon! It's a perfectly glittery pop rock pebble from before those kinds of synths went away and came back ironically and Grace has a voice like a saxophone solo. What's not to love

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Wasn't she the one people were thinking a few months ago was next for Starmer to purge? And she somehow survived the "Tory Scum" thing... well this is how you do it, I guess.

Owen Jones was getting in a to and fro with Phil Proudfoot of the NIP the other day, doing the whole "stay in and fight" thing, and you have to wonder what's in it for him and people doing the same moves at this point. Who's left that's stopping people who are still in thinking "actually, you're all poo poo".

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Just toast the cut side the outer side goes weird and dry otherwise.

I would come to a UKMT meet, i would like to buy some of you a drink but I dunno if I'm too much of a lurker.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

forkboy84 posted:

Attend, but don't tell anyone you're there, just lurk a meet-up. That'd be fun.

This is the new plan, looking in through the window like sickos.jpg

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJPLCK-Dst0

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Guavanaut posted:

It's cool, looks like they've found a new venue :pervert:

We would like to apologise to Canal Adventures for our unfortunate misprint which, due to staff shortages in our proof-reading department, may have given the wrong impression of the services they offer.

We would also like to extend an apology to anyone who placed adverts that month for hedge trimming, glass blowing and arrow fletching.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Pistol_Pete posted:

Just looked at the comments under this article and am a little taken aback at just how many Guardian commenters are demanding blood:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/22/west-appeasement-putin-russia-ukraine

You're surprised they only get angry now he's shifted his target from domestic minorities to western liberal decorum?

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Plenty of artists and content creators want to remain anonymous or at least pseudonymous, and even if they let you use pseudonyms as long as you verify your identity privately you're still one hack away from being doxxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

fuctifino posted:

Don't you feel safe knowing that this person is in charge of our foreign policy during this crisis?

"The planes go up into the sky off the end of this big ramp thing. It's pretty steep, but it's OK cos they can fly"