Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I'm hoping that they completely embarrass themselves again like how they were all hyped to give Chadwick Boseman the final award of the night and then Hopkins wins without even being there. Should've stayed retired, Soderbergh :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Holy poo poo, Judi Dench is actually there?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Wow never thought Tony Hawk, Shaun White and Kelly Slater would snub George Lazenby but that's the world we live in today.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Wait what was the point of that montage if it wasn't leading into the Billie Eilish performance? Smdh

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

It would have made more sense to get all the living actors who portrayed Bond on stage to do this thing.

They tried to do that a decade ago when everyone was still alive and Connery was the holdout.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Darko posted:

The editing is baaaaaadddddddddd. I love so many parts of the movie but good lord. They fail lefts to rights.

Soderbergh wrote an essay on how much he loved the editing lol

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Titane was robbed.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Who the gently caress are these guys

It's the biggest boy band on the planet, feel old yet???

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Wow Snyder's second award of the night!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

This montage is the only recognition Licorice Pizza is going to get tonight. A bigger crime than Army of the Dead imo

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

Can't wait for next year's hilarious callback bit featuring Will and Chris making up.

They're gonna drop best International Feature to fit that in

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Who gonna get Farina'd.

Norm MacDonald and/or Bob Saget

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Cacator posted:

Norm MacDonald and/or Bob Saget

loving called it

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Baronash posted:

I thought the metric for inclusion was some level of involvement in films nominated for Oscars. Would either of them really count?

Now Meatloaf though, that seems like a definite oversight.

Excuse me, I will not allow the good name of Dirty Work to be disparaged.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

surf rock posted:

is Power of the Dog actually good or is it a long boring western?

"yes" is a valid answer to this question

It was fine.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Ah yes, beware Satan and his GI Jane jokes

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I didn't realize Jesse Plemons was married to Kirsten Dunst. Good for him!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Eyes of Tammy Faye was so drat good.

I didn't know it was directed by THAT Michael Showalter. Wet Hot American Summer season 3 when?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

What a magical night for Hollywood :)

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Gatts posted:

He’s a genuinely good film maker who has made great movies. So I can believe it.

Such as...?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Kull the Conqueror posted:

kind of incredible that the milquetoast best picture winner has faded into obscurity overnight

But enough about Nomadland/Green Book/The Shape of Water/etc.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

nawilo_420 posted:

the shape of water doesn't deserve this op

I actually think it's one of Del Toro's better movies but I'd also say half of the nominees that year were more deserving

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

If the slap was the only way to obtain the location of a terrorist bomb in time, it would have been justified. On the other hand, if the slappee had been holding a nuke it could have detonated, leveling a major city.

I smell a :twentyfour:/Naked Gun 3 crossover!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I didn't watch the Oscars, yet via cultural osmosis I was forced to learn about the slap heard round the world.

Except it kind of seems like not a big deal at all? Chris Rock made a lovely joke about Will Smith's wife, Will Smith got justifiably pissed off and slapped (not punched, slapped) Chris Rock and told him to shut the gently caress up, and that's it. End of story.

"Man momentarily loses emotional control in a very minor way after another man unintentionally makes a verbal comment that goes to far" isn't exactly a world changing event.

Doing in this on stage at the biggest masturbatory event in Hollywood in front of millions of people worldwide is why this a big deal.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Everyone else who had to participate in the Oscars on any level is lucky this happened because it made it so no one noticed what an absolute goddamn disaster it was otherwise. In like the first 15 minutes of this three hour ceremony one of the hosts was forced to do an incredibly cringeworthy bit where she lined up a bunch of dudes on the stage to talk about how badly she wants to gently caress them, mentioned the star of Euphoria and added "He's legal.", and then proceeded to grope the next two presenters who came out. And the bit went on for soooo long. I'm not even going to specify, because why bother, but Amy Schumer. Total loving shitshow.
Regina Hall was doing the groping. Amy Schumer was there to embarrass herself in other ways. Woe be to poor Wanda Sykes.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

checkplease posted:

Best tracks on Dune soundtrack? Gotta listen to it again now that’s it’s a winner.

just lol if your not sardaukar throat singing 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

TheMopeSquad posted:

CODA is about deaf people, how is that not Oscar bait? I mean, maybe it wasn't intended by the creators, but the academy loves movies about underrepresented minority groups. They were probably salivating at the opportunity to show some performative inclusivity towards the deaf.

If this was true then Sound of Metal would've won <:mad:>