Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly just kill me now if I'm 35 and the dementia is already hitting me. Like what the gently caress. Don't even know if it was a slip of the finger or if I'm really losing it but that o is going to keep me awake tonight for real.

btw drink metamucil, it is good for having good poos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

A lot of people purposely use "try and" when they should be using "try to," so I wouldn't say you're that bad off all things considered.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
That's to bad, OP.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well your fired OP. You're going to have to file for unempowerment.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
reminder lowtax and the mods/admins of 2005 era SA banned on sight for not using your shift key

mindphlux posted:

I had a bunch of lemons a few weeks ago so I salt-preserved them in some jars, and they're sitting in the back of my fridge. I don't know anything about moroccan food other than like 'preserved lemons, tangines, dried fruit, couscous, lamb?'

I thew together a sort of chicken-olive-raisin-preserved lemon tangine-ish dish (despite my never having eaten a tangine) and it turned out sort of blughhhgh and I felt dumb. So, if any of you have any real experience cooking moroccan food, (ie, not just google/wikipedia) please set me straight.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 9, 2022

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Meme Poker Party posted:

That's to bad, OP.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
If u had gmail u could have unsent the email and corrected you error, instead whoever receives it is going to think you are mentally deficient, sorry OP

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

EorayMel posted:

reminder lowtax and the mods/admins of 2005 era SA banned on sight for not using your shift key

it was a good policy at the time u know

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
You are a complete failure as a person and an employee. Clean out your desk. I can't even look at you, sick filth

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

EorayMel posted:

It says right in the ban reason it would have been a probe if they weren't already queued for two different probes.

Their most recent ban was for this post:

mindphlux posted:

orkdappgar
graopkasmkawladawidnaeoirgmnpsmndreg;ale

fdsooef;f;sda
hnhfkdgmldsmbg;ddflvmdsdcaksjxnzhjfiwj390j
fokwe

h ;ell yeah benihana up in this bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

The probe reason was "fell off the wagon again."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It says right in the ban reason it would have been a probe if they weren't already queued for two different probes.

it's a dumb example but this was A Thing (tm) GBS mods did for years

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
It's amazing you know the different usages and the fact you feel shame right now is leaps and bounds ahead of most

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:actually: it was in GWS

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i used to care about using the shift key but then at some point i thought to myself, who am i trying to impress here?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I am aware. Back then the internet was still awash with AOL speak, 1337, and that kind of thing. Making people type like adults was part of the "we're better than the rest of the web even though half of GBS is about pants making GBS threads" smug counter-cultural elitism that's kind of the original purpose of the site. Then for a little while no caps or punctuation was a way to signal sarcasm, a trend that leaked from the FYAD-lites. As the rest of the internet moved on, SA became more insular, and goons realized folks weren't getting probed for it anymore, the contrary goon spirit seized onto defying this rule as a way to be too cool for school, round about the time every single GBS thread started with a page of "im gay." That mostly died off, but you still run into people now and then who communicate entirely through all lower case run-on sentences.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i used to care about using the shift key but then at some point i thought to myself, who am i trying to impress here?
Me. You're not doing well.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Knormal posted:

Me. You're not doing well.

gently caress

Edit: gently caress

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Their, they're, there, no need to get down on yourself like that. I'm sure you will dew better next thyme.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Its okay OP we all make mistakes, just don't let it happen again. One time is forgivable, but too is to many

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

gently caress

Edit: gently caress
Thank you.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've started making phonetic misspellings of words. Think it's some kind of cognitive decline thing.

fonetic misspellings of wurds

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My typing is fine but I want you all to know that when I read posts out loud (it happens a lot) I deliberately mispronounce so many words. I've already done it like three times for this post.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
your dumb

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've made that mistake to

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I catch myself pretty often on to/too, then/than, and a few others like maybe lose/loose. I know the difference perfectly well but I think the problem is that I imagine how I'd say it and then type whatever version without thinking what the correct spelling is for the case. Just proofread your poo poo.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

I catch myself pretty often on to/too, then/than, and a few others like maybe lose/loose. I know the difference perfectly well but I think the problem is that I imagine how I'd say it and then type whatever version without thinking what the correct spelling is for the case. Just proofread your poo poo.

Know :catbert:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

2 b fair its 2 hard

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Blow posted:

2 b fair its 2 hard

My Dick 2: Hard lmao

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You think that's bad? I saw someone write "advocate of" instead of "advocate for" today. To think that she worked so hard to win back the respect of her colleagues after farting in a Zoom meeting last year just to blow it like that.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Almost recalled an email were a typed "your" instead of "you're' the other day. But, no, I deserve the shame.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

1F Y0U C4N r34D 7H15 Y0U 4r3 4 60D D4MN N3rD WH47 7H3 H311 M4N H4V3 Y0U 3V3N 70UCH3D 4 61r1

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

1F Y0U C4N r34D 7H15 Y0U 4r3 4 60D D4MN N3rD WH47 7H3 H311 M4N H4V3 Y0U 3V3N 70UCH3D 4 61r1

Did you have a stroke? Do we need to call an ambulance?

Or is this a series of CD Keys? Do you remember CD Keys? Those sucked.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
what's the difference?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

Did you have a stroke? Do we need to call an ambulance?

Or is this a series of CD Keys? Do you remember CD Keys? Those sucked.

FCKGW

Zil fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 10, 2022

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I know you're pain OP. I recently emailed my boss and meant to finish it with "best wishes" but accidentally typed "up yours fuckface." in my defense I recently made the switch to DVORAK

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

super sweet best pal posted:

I've started making phonetic misspellings of words. Think it's some kind of cognitive decline thing.

fonetic misspellings of wurds

me too! I typed 'fone' the other day wtf

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
OP you havent truly hosed up until you accidentally send "Retards," instead of "Regards,"

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I once sent a lil telegraph to the receptionist where I worked. Accidentally sent the wrong one that asked her if she'd like to move her hot little bitty down to my workstation! Anyway we're married now.

The problem is all these pronouns and sexual harassment laws in business. It stops the people thriving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I once sent an email and said something like "a bit of a change in plans" except I was zoned out and wrote something like "a bitch change in plans" and hit send before my brain caught up to what I wrote out

I immediately send a deep apology email and the person wrote back laughing and said it was fine so luckily that worked out

I got fired for unrelated reasons but thank God because that place was a nightmare