Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

Laughing Zealot posted:

The only episode of the show I outright hate is the one with the singing boil, ugh.

I'm about 99% sure whoever wrote that "joke" is also responsible for all the "jokes" in Disenchantment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
I like the binary one.

But the final one just feels like it's predicting the quality of the season.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
Remember when the Matrix came out and bullet time blew everyone's mind, then every movie either did it or made fun of it for the next decade and a half?

Now imagine a show coming out after all that and making fun of bullet time and thinking they're being the pinnacle of comedy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

I wouldn't call that Matrix-style bullet time though.

Also, yes, legit good episode.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

Mokinokaro posted:

I also hate how they reset Fry and Leela yet again.
It's like the writers just can't write them.as a couple.

Like the time Fry sold his marriage to the DevilBot.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
That felt like an actual Futurama episode to me. Not hilarious, but not like the worst of the zombie seasons.

I am not sad that I watched it, which is honestly more than I was expecting to say about it.

Certainly funnier than every episode of Disenchantment put together, but that's not saying much.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

Sab669 posted:

Definitely a decent chance, apparently they're doing a Fortnite cross-promo thing.

Futurama is now part of the same fictional universe as Star Wars.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

robot roll call posted:

once again I thought it was Just Fine. nowhere near the heights but also no singing boils or people getting turned into sausages or whatever

I feel like this season was written by the Neutral Planet.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
Yeah, I spent the whole episode waiting for the sweets to be something more than a McGuffin to have Zapp attacked by the tardigrades.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

GigaPeon posted:

I thought the jokes in the episodes were funny but the plots were only ok.

I think that's where I am on this season, too.

The old seasons had their share of jokes which didn't land, but the plots themselves were usually gold.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
The "huge game changing reveal" in the last season of the show that elves and trogs were actually related was perhaps the most insulting thing I've ever seen in a TV show.

I mean, no loving poo poo.

Trogs:

Elves:

Either the writers of the show are the stupidest motherfuckers out there, or they expect their audience to be.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

Thundercracker posted:

Borrow! Borrow!

I thought it was "Burrow, burro!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah that was just a bunch of references that weren't really funny on their own.

So Family Guy?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
Before I watched the latest episode, I saw someone say that Nibbler's voice was off.

I wasn't expecting it to be that far off. I had to check to see if it wasn't Frank Welker doing the voice.

"I didn't like the giant head." "That was the best part of the movie!" "No, the one blocking my view"

Jesus loving Christ that's a bad joke.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 14, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

Android Blues posted:

- Nibbler's long what-I-learned wrapup being met with "good" and the Nibblonians signing off made me genuinely laugh. It works as a quick punchline, but also as a joke about how hokey his reasons for being on Earth actually are.

That bit was funny.

Also, a nice reference to Mork from Ork is always welcome.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
"I'm not even going to dignify that with a slap" is a quality line in stark contrast to the other kind of quality on display last week.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
Split second of Disenchantment when in the time machine. Episode sucked just because of that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

Aces High posted:

Also, as someone who has never had turducken before, why did we get 4 iterations of that joke?

Some jokes, through a process of repetition, start funny, then stop being funny and then turn around a become even more funny than they started.

The turducken jokes didn't even start funny, they were just kinda there in a "Oh, turduckens are the future Xmas food everyone eats. Okay, I suppose."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
Owl exterminators!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
With a cameo by Randy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
So lazy, they didn't even put in any obvious 'hidden' jokes, like when Prof Farnsworth's easily lost scrap of paper flew away.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
Yeah, the very end of the episode felt incredibly alt med.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
I do not ask what the gently caress was that. I ask why the gently caress was that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

angerbot posted:

"And now, what's left of Futurama!"

New thread title.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
Gonna need someone to explain this one to me:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

It was also the company that provided the disinfectant when they returned from the sewer.

I guess someone in the writers room just really like the word or something, then, and didn't want it to get lost in the backbround.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
First actual laugh Futurama has given me in 10 years: