Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I am ready to eat god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Total War: Warhammer 4: The Old World: Romance of the Three Empires: The Heldenhammer

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Ogres by far. They're simple, straightfoward, and just satisfying to win as.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Asehujiko posted:

Making rifts their own setting like the chaos invasion in ME would be ideal;
-no rifts(domination victory only)
-rifts but they don't spawn random crap and they're free to close
-rifts but they don't spawn random crap but do require money or a fight to close them
-current rifts
-legendary rifts that spawn more, bigger and more aggressive armies

I would like to be able to set how often/many rifts spawn. Ideal for me would be that they spawn more often but not all at once so that you're able to do more than just prep for the next wave of rifts.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Ojetor posted:

Had Skrag get the level 3 version of the Nurgle Realm trait and then after exiting the portal some plagued Demon Prince stack just suicides against him but gives his stack the plague in the process. TEN (10) turns of attrition with no recourse. God drat.

Do Ogres really have to built the stupid Skaven discoverability building to be able to remove Chaos traits at all? Since every city you conquer becomes a minor it doesn't appear to get the inbuilt trait removal that province capitals normally get.

It doesn't matter if it's a "minor" settlement or not, the first settlement on the region bar should still be marked as a region capital. I've removed plenty of Chaos traits with region capitols as Greasus.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

Any tips for ogre camp placement as Skrag? Do you get enough to happily cover most of the area you're roaming around? Is it worth just setting them up as permanent raiding camps/war zones or is conquering the surroundings a better option? I can't tell how permanent these things are really supposed to be.

E: and you better believe I'm going to leave some rifts open in my territory once I can use protection buildings to control them. The oblasts need protection and the main cities need the building slots more, imo.

I typically place my first one someplace it'll be relatively safe but able to assist in my early conquests since that's where the vast majority of my recruitment is going to take place. After that it's a combination of where I think I can protect it while getting the buffs from it for conquests and aiding defense on fronts I don't plan on expanding towards currently but need the extra protection for my settlements.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

I have, and they are uh.. not this excessive normally

but thanks

It is in fact extraordinarily weird to speculate on mental illness over an incredibly run of the mill press release.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

It's likely that the AI factions grabbed them all before you got there. It's rare to see all of them gone by the time I get there but usually they've already snagged one or two.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Arghy posted:

"Caravan Master: Fixed the ordering of skills in the first line that resulted in the Immortality skill being hidden."
Wait so they could have been loving immortal this whole time?! How many times i lost my lv20+ caravan late game and had to lose multiple other caravans to try and level them up.

Jesus I thought that was intentional, that they weren't supposed to be able to get immortality. I was gonna wait until IE came out to play 3 again but might give Cathay another go before then.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Gonna throw out that part of why I like Vampire Coast and to an extent Ogres so much is that you can much easily recruit new units from their ship/camp so it makes it way easier to just not care if you take some losses, along with raise dead. Not needing to do nothing for several turns while waiting for stuff to replenish/recruit is really nice.

Really it's more that it's more fun to be doing something than not doing something, and spending turns not doing anything is boring.

Actually thinking about it, it's part of why I like playing the Empire so much too, being able to grab Elector State troops to make up for casualties helps minimize how much time you spend recruiting and worrying about casualties.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

How do I want to go about deploying my camps as the ogres, given that there’s a cap on how many I can have? It seems like quite an investment to lose if it becomes placed inconveniently.

I usually place the first someplace relatively safe, it can defend itself but it'll be your primary source of recruitment buildings and you wanna make sure you don't lose it. After that I'll try and put them down in areas I plan on expanding either in the immediate future or if I've got spare capacity for them, putting one someplace that I plan on expanding in the far-off future. They're particularly handy in places with terrible climate to counter the penalty to replenishment.

Edit: The Ogre economy, particularly if you're Greasus, is strong enough that it's not a big deal to disband a camp and build another one elsewhere, especially once you have the techs to start them with a good bit of population. If one isn't in a particularly useful location anymore just disband it and move it to where it'll be more helpful.

ArchRanger fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 26, 2022

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Ummmm

I just confederated Repanse's faction. She wasn't recruited so I slapped my forehead..........

Then went to recruit a Lord, and she was there waiting for me. It seems you now can recruit LLs after confederation.

gently caress. YES.

That is how that has always worked.

Or at least in the entire time I played WH2 and 3 so several years now.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So, Oxyotl. Seems like I want to play him with a home territory and just do clandestine doomguy missions all over the world and come back rather than paint the map. Do I have to build the special homing beacon in my original home base to return from attacking something on the literal opposite end of the world? The map implies that I don't need to.

You can always teleport home to your main base, you don't need to build a beacon there, correct.

Well, if you're not in hostile territory, but the beacon doesn't change that either way. I usually use it to set up a second base of operations somewhere handy for murdering Chaos like that settlement Festus starts in or the Hellpit. Or just wherever I wanna murder a faction next.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

There are a couple different mods I think fix the Ogres to make them a lot more fun.

The workshop really does a ton to fix the more annoying issues with the game in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

does it work with teb?

Technically but only technically. There's a single "playable" TEB faction, Tilea, but it doesn't correctly spawn its Legendary Lord, and it doesn't have its faction-specific technologies.

On the upside every Southern realms minor faction does actually function, and you can get access to their roster through allying with them still.