Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
So it seems that Nagash is almost guaranteed, for those who don't know what he is, what should we expect? It doesn't really look like he'd be a new faction, seems more like a mix of tomb kings and vampire counts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Triskelli posted:

https://youtu.be/ZRJo3R3ANsw

Mandalore video right on time.

TLDR about the bad stuff:
Sieges are a mess.
Some serious bugs.
Some factions got more attention than others, Tzeentch especially he didn't like. Slaneesh is a problem because it relies heavily on cavalry and charge reflection is bugged. In general chaos factions don't feel fleshed out/diverse enough.

Recommends waiting, not buying the game because of its buggy state atm.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
https://www.game-debate.com/news/31610/total-war-warhammer-3-most-important-graphics-options-every-video-setting-benchmarked

Relative contributions to frame rates for TWW3. Not sure how reliable this would be, but there you go.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
So when you finish the campaign, your reward is that you get Be'lakor as a lord, even if you're Cathay, the Ogres or Kislev? What? Did they run out of time trying to implement a reward that actually makes some sense? It would have been better to just not give any rewards like in previous games.

Besides that, the Cathay campaign just ends with: "The lost sister is still lost, oh well."

It just felt so strange.

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 22, 2022

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Angrymantium posted:

Probably an extremely dumb question, but if you're behind in the souls race (I have one soul as Demon Prince at turn 80, one of the Cathay factions has two and I have no way to get from Kislev to their region quickly) do I just have to park my LL in the Forge of Souls and wait for them to go in? I lost a game at turn 155 yesterday and I want to avoid having to start over again, but I'm not really sure what I can do beyond hoping to luck out on beating the AI to the next round of souls.

That would not allow you to get ahead in the souls race though, since your LL is tied up in the forge all the time. So you'd have to simultaneously use your other armies to destroy every faction who's ahead of you I think. Does not seem realistic to me.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Speaking of treasure hunts (apologies if this was posted, i must have read over it)

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Aurubin posted:

I wonder if the missing dragon sibling was a concept created for the tabletop. I know they said 4 of them have been lost to time, a conceit for you to make your own I imagine. Would explain the end of the Cathayan campaign if that isn't dlc. Basically a big sign saying AND THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES during that cutscene.

I'm guessing it's an opening for future dlc

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Collapsing Farts posted:

Khorne: You did infact collect the skull of the bear. Good job~ the end
Skrag: You did in fact eat the bear. Good job~ the end

A bit more of an epilogue would be nice...

Cathay is different: You did not, infact, find out where your sister is. Good job~ the end

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Did they release paid dlc content before immortal empires last time?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
It's been so long I don't really remember, but I think the campaign for the original game was pretty much the same as the campaign in mortal empires right? First a small beastman invasion, then a bigger chaos invasion in the north and then the huge endgame invasion?

Feels like they need to shake that up a little, or make something happen in the Western part of the map at least.

Made some minor adjustments to data files this weekend that ensure the chaos rifts just never spawn, and I'm enjoying the game a lot more now.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Kislev is a ten slot settlement though. And all the T3 landmark building chains require Devotion which you'll need for invocations and churches early game anyway. The earlier you start getting trade goods the more likely allies will be willing to make trade deals which snowballs income.

Also wow some of the modded landmark buildings are incredibly good. They all significantly buff a few types of units, or greatly affect the territory+neighboring ones.

which mod is this

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Tirranek posted:

In a pretty rough state, if I recall.

Much like the game currently then.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2794438990

According to this mod's author, the Kurgan warband mechanic as cathay is currently not working as intended and spawning way too often. Apparently because a developper forgot to edit out some code. The mod is a fix.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Doomykins posted:

Taking bets on what the next fan outrage is after the vaunted road map is finally in hand. :allears:

"Next: immortal empires!
expected date: when it's ready"

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Old Woman Island posted:

Oh there was this also

Note that they write 'champions' and not 'legendary lords'

Pretty satisfied with what they presented today. I didn't expect IE anytime soon, so I might mostly shelve this game until it releases in september.
Slightly surprised they are opening with a lord pack for paid DLC rather than Chaos Dwarves.

EDIT: looking at reddit and youtube reactions, I really profoundly hate some people who care passionately about video games.

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 29, 2022

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Raygereio posted:

I read that as unsubtle hint it'll be one lord each for the 4 chaos factions.

I was assuming more like 4 named characters: 2 paid Legendary lords, one free, and probably a named hero.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

ZeusJupitar posted:

The reason reddit/forums etc are convinced WH3 is going to be 'abandoned just like 3K!' is that a streamer melted down on air because the campaign gets repetitive after literally thousands of hours. That flipped a switch in nerd heads and now there's a desperate insistence that they're obliged to stop further development and leave all that money on the table for....some reason.

Did Legend have another meltdown or is it someone else?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Big fan of Maneater ogres with huge imperial feathery hats

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Doomykins posted:

Skipping a useful fast mount from levels 1-18 was always a minor letdown but muh efficiency and dude gets a dragon/dino/flying horse later.

Am I really the only one here who just installs a mod that increases the skill point gain because I like my lords silly powerful?

Ideally I'd want a mod that only does this for the legendary characters (lords and heroes) and leaves the others to just gain regular skill points, forcing you to specialize only the regular characters, but I don't think such a mod exists.

On a different note, how do other players construct in their provinces?
I usually have one hub (pretty much always the starting location) with all the military production buildings, and just build economy and defense everywhere else. Always makes me feel bad about wasting local buildings that give a bonus to recruitment for certain units, but having to recruit from multiple locations just feels like such a hassle. When the map is very much painted I usually have more than one recruitment center.

I would actually prefer if in future titles they implemented a system like in Thrones of Britannia where recruitment does not depend on buildings at all.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

Also more powerful techs further limits usefulness of allies. Which is part of why I generally liked the techs and redline as-is. Again, while the game had some problems, I'm not sure the reddit hivemind identified them all correctly.

You could just give the allied units whatever tech the ally has. Red-line skills on lords are more of a problem.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
SFO 0.5 was released yesterday, does anyone here play it?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Is the first blog post on the next patch supposed to be tomorrow? Part of me wants it to be an incredibly detailed explanation on the Tzeentch and Slaneesh replenishment rate changes, just so the community can get really angry over something again.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Electronico6 posted:

New dynamic end-game scenarios: randomised mid- to late-game challenges we’re introducing to challenge the late-game steamroll—where the player is so powerful that there’s little-to-no challenge left and less of a reason to complete the campaign. Think Greenskin invasions or resurgences of the undead, as a few examples…

Seems they liked that end-game crisis mod.

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 14, 2022

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
In the full blog they're also saying Helman Ghorst will get a revamp.

EDIT: now that I read the post, I realize that's probably a pun on vampire, so new LL?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Mordja posted:

"Years to come"

When was the first Lord pack scheduled again?

Assuming the plans to release it at the same time as IE haven't changed, august.

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 14, 2022

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1536713835414945793

Not sure if they confirmed this before, but they are trickling an announcement every week until the release of IE.

I wonder if the 'sea lanes' bit means they intend to cut the map up into 2/3 pieces like they did with empire.

If you read the "why is it a beta" part, it does seem like a lot of work still needs doing. They mention UI, character models. I bet it's going to look rough on release.

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 14, 2022

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

This definitely, but I wonder if they will have teleport circles near major routes/ports and just call them sea lanes. Might actually make piracy easier depending on how they do it.

Also, Volkmar has to start farther away from the Empire, right? He works as a "on a crusade" faction and him joining in the Elector Count fray seems weird.

It'd be fun to give him a limited roster of cheaper units and make it so his army is really focused around flagellants until he achieves some campaign goal like with that dwarven faction.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Don't think I saw this discussed here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/vcr92c/some_interesting_news_in_the_game_director/

- They are trying to push 1.3 before the end of this month
- Redoing character select screens for TW:WH1 lords, so they are less of a close-up
- Working on changing the UI to be less red
- Heavy hints ("stoking the fires", "getting into gear", "fire and brimstone") that the next DLC after the lords pack is going to be Chaos Dwarfs

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

juggalo baby coffin posted:

ive been a big fan of the mughals since my friend went to visit family in bangladesh and went to a museum of imperial mughal weapons and it was all the most insane poo poo i had ever heard of, to the point that i thought he was lying until he brought pictures up. it's hard to find good pics on google but here is some of the crazy poo poo they were doing:

Haha I remember seeing very similar things in a museum in Udaipur

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Didn't expect those Chaos starting positions.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1542100583020216330

Lizardmen post is up.
Next reveal should be Norsca.

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jun 29, 2022

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Gonkish posted:

Wulfrik was datamined to be somewhere near Ulthuan, and, considering that was correct about N'kari, I'm gonna guess he'll be somewhere around Skeggi or something. Throgg will probably be somewhere in Norsca proper to give the Empire and Kislev something Chaotic to deal with early on.

Don't believe everything you datamine
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1542466551235870721

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

MikeC posted:

With only 3 armies to go, the Cathay side of the map looks awfully empty and I don't see who is going to join them out there.

DE and VC are typically east of the World's Edge Mountains no?

I'd be shocked if Cathay has less than 5 lords by the time this game is finished, you need to leave some space for them.

On top of that, the DLC after the upcoming lord pack is almost certainly 4 chaos dwarf lords that are going to be mostly neighbouring Cathay.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Todays reveal is for that guy who felt Cathay was a little empty
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1547172564111446023

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What will reddit melt down about next?

It would be nice if they had a meltdown about the recruitment interface, global recruitment means you have to scroll through way too many units to get the ones you want, it's a messy interface.
And when they're at it, make it more clear what some units are good for. When I play woodelves I have no idea about the differences between all the units. Some clarification on what makes a specific regiment of renown better than the regular version wouldn't be bad either.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

It's nice they gave Grimgor a friend, he was pretty lonely up there.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

orangelex44 posted:

Unrelated: based off of what we know so far before the DLC drops, what's everyone going to do for their first IE run?

Given that I'm probably preordering their new DLC the second they announce it, either the Nurgle guy or the Tzeentch guy.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm really divided on what to play first in IE. On one hand I have been a Vampire Counts fan for a while and they are looking to get a decent amount of new stuff, even just general buffs, that seem fun to play with. On the other hand Volkmar vs Ghorst is one of the DLCs I don't have and from the sounds of the multiplayer stuff I'm somewhat worried about how central the DLC cart will be as the backbone of the VC army, in particular in its role as a mount.

Also want to try Lokhir in Cathayland, and Grombrindal.

I would say it's almost a guarantee that all the old DLC will go on sale when IE releases, so maybe you should complete your collection:)

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

I might, there really isn't anything else in the DLC I want though. I don't really play Empire so Volkmar's side of it would likely not see play. And as someone who played tabletop VCs during 6th edition exclusively, the inclusion of Ghorst as a LL over other vampires has felt like a personal insult since I picked the game up near the start of TWW2, so I probably won't play as him either.

E: Yes the above is an exaggerated joke, but also Ghorst is boring so I really will probably not play as him

I mean, you're not wrong, the marcus wulfheart empire campaign is more interesting and ghorst is possibly the most boring paid lord they added to the game, but when it's on sale it's literally cheaper than ordering one beer in a pub for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

So is the non-IE campaign a prologue? I'm a bit confused with the wording here.

Otherwise it seems like the roster for WOC and the monogods is getting a much needed injection of mortal infantry and cavalry, with warshrines and an extra lord and hero for each as well. Nothing too exciting, but it was a bit weird to have them missing. Some things that were speculated based on loading screens, like the slaughterbrute, are not in.

I'm glad they redesigned the lord from its tabletop model, but I'm not super excited with how it looks.

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 19, 2022