Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Azran posted:

I just hope they don't squat the Southlands and Lustria as much as they did in ME.

I think they will be cut off again, though I'd like to be wrong. The new portions of the game 3 map seem like they're meant to sidle on up to the eastern edge of the Mortal Empires map without having anything to the south cut off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Has anyone seen if ogres have similar campaign victory conditions as the other races?

Yep, same thing. They wanna eat that bear.

I rolled my eyes at the UI complaints until now, but the construction and demolition timers both being red is pretty egregious.

Some fun random event things:
-Zhao Ming (and Miao Ying?) gets the option to just huff purified warpstone dust. Your faction is impressed with your moxie if you go through with it.
-Khorne gets a dilemma to implement mandatory castration or horny police. The Tzeentch cultist gets a voice line about castration. More mentions of castration than I expected from this game.
-Nurgle event where your forces discover the Brown Note
-Heralds of Slaanesh have a line about safe words and the lack thereof
-The quote for the Nurgle army ability Rot, Glorious Rot contains the word “smegma” :barf:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A lot the game 2 epilogues were about N’kari planning something, so it’s kind of funny his debut in game 3 takes place chronologically before game 2.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Nagash’s old miniature is from the unified Undead army book, from before there was a split between Vampire Counrs and Tomb Kings. Google tells me he was an extremely high level wizard who was good in melee then too.

So a Nagash faction would just be every undead thing. Some factions start with disadvantages, so ones could start with extreme advantages too. Like the Daemon Prince, kinda. It does leave Arkhan and his faction in a weird place.

If they are doing a chronology starting with game 3 and going backwards, what does that mean for Arkham’s game 2 quest? It also means that all those game 2 epilogues about N’kari planning something we’re kinda referencing something that already happened.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 15, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Besides the ton of potential mortal lords for the Chaos factions, what units are there? I’m seeing the Mutalith Vortex Beast, Chaos Warshrine, Chaos Ogres and the Slaughterbrute on a list of 8th edition WoC units. There are a few god-aligned Nurgle and Khorne models, but they were introduced in the End Times, and I don’t think CA has been clear how they’ll handle that. They could always add specific god-flavored WoC and Norse units to each god’s roster. There have been plenty of dlc units that were relatively boring but filled a role on certain underpopulated rungs of the tech ladder, but they’ll want to add some flashy stuff too.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 15, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

tithin posted:

Is there any indication of how the old Chaos invasion is going to work in Mortal empires 3, given the new poo poo that's been added to differentiate the chaos factions?

I am sort of presuming that it's going to remain the same - I haven't kept up with the roster changes, but none of the new chaos factions have subsumed anything from the OG Chaos roster, right?

I heard people have seen Norsca take settlements outside of areas where they wouldn't be able to in previous games, so that's good. AI Warriors of Chaos have settlements now, though how close that brings them to a playable "rework" is probably impossible to say this early. For example, I wonder if their current horde buildings are just part of settlements in game 3, or do they do something more?

I rarely catch streams live, and once I did manage to get someone to think about mousing over the building slots in WoC settlements to see what they do. Unfortunately, he had no armies or agents close enough to one to try.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 16, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There’s a new wolf chariot mount for Goblin Big Boss heroes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/sto4t5/here_are_the_pictures_of_the_goblin_big_boss_on/

Any other fun additions for races that aren’t playable yet?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I've just got the bad feeling that CA'll goof up the release times like they sometimes do. Would be worth it to relive the Bretonnia Meltdown, though.

I haven't heard of this. What's the "Bretonnia Meltdown?"

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 17, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Cool about the unpacking! I gotta get to bed though.

I decided to reinstall and beat a normal Oxyotl campaign. I beat the final battle tonight, but despite the patch supposedly making it easier, I still haven't been able to get the 5 required "hard" missions even after turn 115.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I got it unpacked last night, but just clicked through some menus before going to bed.

It confirmed that Cathay characters don’t have quest battles for legendary items. I wonder why that happened.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It’s kind of funny how some of the game 2 epilogues feature N’kari plotting a big move, and his game 3 bio makes note of his vendetta against Tyrion and Teclis, but because game 3 happens before game 2, none of that will technically pay off unless you make it happen on the sandbox map. N’Kari’s quest battle has him fight High Elves lead by a generic lord and not the twins, and a screenshot of N’Kari’s epilogue I saw on Reddit shows his thoughts now turning to the twins, who he will still just be thinking about in the epilogue to the next chronological game.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 17, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Oh my god, the Slaanesh tech tree rules.

Every tech category represents a perfumed house devoted to a vice, and each technology description is like an advertisement or a parfumier describing a product. Emotions are described as having citrusy flavor and notes of sandalwood :allears:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ogre events:

The Butchers discover ketchup. Do you roll with it, or do you tell them to miss you with that nasty vegetable poo poo?
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/sv0c81/the_man_who_came_up_with_the_ogre_events_needs_a/

Skrag eats My Little Pony
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/suubft/skrag_encounters_odly_colored_horses_sorry_shitty/

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I did the prologue on my laptop, a GS66 stealth, and it worked fine. It has the issue where alt-tabbing instantly closes the game there though.

My older desktop has a 1050 Ti, and it worked fine on the medium settings it defaulted to. Skarbrand turned grey on the campaign map during the AI turns. I could alt-tab here.

Large unit size is what the game is balanced around, right?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The game, which has the most new Warhammer stuff in forever, is out and we’re still hyped for future content updates.Two weeks at most before we get to hear about the roadmap!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I doubt that's the map we'll get, but because speculating is fun:

Ind could be a good starting point for Alarielle or Lokhir Felheart. The Everqueen makes a visit a tower off the coast every decade, so that could be a good alternate start for her if Ulthuan gets squished, and Lokhir Felheart sacked the coast of Ind in his backstory.

Before the map was revealed, I theorized that if Ind was there, maybe Brettonia could colonize it like Arabay. That was before the game 3 map and that they simply weren't going to have every race there, and there's less incentive to do that on a combined map. I don't know which "good" race would be best to inhabit it. IF we get the Monkey King, he could start there in IE, but that still feels weird.

Khuresh has a landmark called Lost City of the Old Ones, which is an obvious place for Lizardmen. Orks and Skaven otherwise.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
They still have the loading screen tips for removed ruined settlement exploration mechanic.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Obliterating the Odds achievement, for winning a 10-to-1 battle, seems to refer to units, not models. Where and with who should I try to get this?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I beat an 11-or-12 stack of Skaven lead by Deathmaster Snikch as Miao Ying and won, but didn't get the achievement. Is there some hidden trigger where I need to have more than one unit or the enemy has to have a full army?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It looks like Warriors of Chaos settlements have the recruiting buildings of the WoC hordes and the economic buildings of the Norse. They have the loot pile for growth and the slave camp for money.

What’s the difference between the portal and the keep as the province capitol main settlement building for demonic factions? IIRC the portal spreads more corruption while the keep has more growth, but they both have so many traits that my eyes kind of glaze over when I read them.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Demons and undead don't have Perfect Vigor any more than other races. Exalted Seeker Chariots are a notable unit off the top of my head that do get it. Never not be charging!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Did something screwy happen to my Khorne blood host army, or is this how it’s supposed to work?

The leader seems to be a unit of Exalted Bloodletters with a Herald’s portrait. I fought a big defensive battle with my blood host army as the main one and Skarbrand backing it up. All my units are close to full health. A while in, I get a message saying my commander is dead. However the unit is still there. I win without suffering a lot of casualties. When I come back, the entire blood host army is gone!

Was everything really riding on one model of a squad? Do blood hosts disappear immediately instead of suffer attrition when they don’t fight? It had technically been involved in a recent few battles, but mostly as reinforcements who didn’t do anything.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Did something screwy happen to my Khorne blood host army, or is this how it’s supposed to work?

The leader seems to be a unit of Exalted Bloodletters with a Herald’s portrait. I fought a big defensive battle with my blood host army as the main one and Skarbrand backing it up. All my units are close to full health. A while in, I get a message saying my commander is dead. However the unit is still there. I win without suffering a lot of casualties. When I come back, the entire blood host army is gone!

Was everything really riding on one model of a squad? Do blood hosts disappear immediately instead of suffer attrition when they don’t fight? It had technically been involved in a recent few battles, but mostly as reinforcements who didn’t do anything.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Discovered a fun use for Khorne’s Eternal War manifestation: Since third parties can show up to battles now, you can encircle the city and call the attack on yourself, and the enemy you’re besieging will join. Do it if you want to fight on more even ground and don’t want to wait and let your blood meter drop. If the city you’re besieging belongs to a demon army, what little remains in the city once you turn back to it will be just a few bedraggled mortals.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 24, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Before they implemented the puzzles, they had those CYOA prompts. Were those results fixed or RNG?

It always feels a little bad to see a feature go, but I don’t think either the CYOA or puzzles were what should have been there. The CYOA prompts had you take a risk and end your movement for an ambiguous reward or even punishment. The puzzles just don’t feel like they fit with the game. I don’t have an answer as to what the ruin searching mechanic should look like.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just banged out a couple cheevos on easy/easy as Miao Ying.

Wei-jin, capitol of Cathay, has only 8 slots like a regular province capitol, which seems like an oversight.

There's an achievement for building a the Grand Observatory of Xing Po, a special landmark in the eponymous minor settlement at level 3. Being able to trade cities helped, since capturing it increases the time until the project is done. I found an autosave had the best chance of making it work, but it might have been nice to be able to offer up an additional settlement to make it work.

Cathay seems good for diplomacy achievements because you meet so many potential friends by sending caravans.
Getting 10 trade agreements was a little tough. I was making a ton of money from caravans and just used it to balance the scales. However, each subsequent trade deal was harder to make, and I found that at a point, money just stops working for that. I'd add the trade agreement to the offer, add payment, and increase it. You could see the scale balance out as you hit the "increase" button, but at a certain point it wouldn't move. Luckily, offering to declare war on the 10th faction's enemies in addition to money sealed that deal.
No idea who'd be best for 10 military alliances. Maybe I'd wait for Immortal Empires to come out and hope End Times Ordertide happens there too.

I don't think you can buy confederations with money anymore, maybe because it didn't make too much sense. Someone complained a few days ago about being unable to confederate with Zhao Ming, and I see that being frustrating.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A couple days ago, I posted about a trick I discovered that allows Khorne to draw out city garrisons and armies. You encircle a city, use the Eternal War manifestation to attack yourself, and the city garrison will join the battle as reinforcements. You have to fight more guys, but not that much more due to the puniness of the summoned armies, and you get to fight on more even ground without towers and stuff. Since the garrison fights as reinforcements, they don't get to set up in a good position. Since AFAIK the reinforcement locations are based on where the armies are positioned on the campaign map, the garrison will always appear behind your starting location, making it easy for you to intercept them right as they arrive. If they're undead or demons, the city will be deserted or near deserted afterwards!

However, I found one thing you have to watch out for: Don't win too quickly, which is a real possibility with the summoned army being puny and Skarbrand being a one-model doomstack. If you do before the reinforcements arrive, the battle will end and reinforcement arrival timers will stop.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The soundscape in the Realm of Chaos is really cool. If you zoom in on the map, you can hear whatever thing you’re focusing on louder. If you do it to the Bad Moon in Slaanesh’s realm, you can hear goblins laughing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Dramicus posted:

They actually added it back a little bit in WH3. Now units that get knocked back and fall a certain amount (I don't know exactly how far) will take extra damage and die.

You can see it in action in this post about Plague Drones knocking guys off a wall to their deaths.
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/sz4m7c/i_sent_my_plague_drones_to_fight_a_unit_on_the/

Torrannor posted:

I thought they wanted to tell us the roadmap for Immortal Empires and DLC last week, did I misunderstand something? Was it this week?

Gonkish posted:

I think that got pushed back by the hotfixes or something.

The quote I remember is that we’d have news in “a week or two.” We still have a couple days to make good on that!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Bloodly posted:

I dunno. A narrative 'epilogue' campaign could be vaguely interesting. The Prologue was fine enough in itself. Doing another one where they can take the gloves off wouldn't be foul, maybe?

Oh, and interesting viewing concerning AI buffs. Seems dynamic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AlWl7f3KI8

I agree, because I want something to tie the ending to the other games, if they want us to think of it as a whole series. All the races have a bit of epilogue text after you beat the Realm of Chaos campaign, and the ones I’ve seen all have a bit where the Advisor goes blind soon as he tries to use the book for himself, and Sarthorael, in the guise of the white crow, talks to him. That means he is up to something spooky in every other campaign, and his being a pawn of Tzeentch wasn’t a WoC timeline-only thing. But due to the way the series’ chronology works, noting will come of it, unless you do a Warriors of Chaos ME or Old World campaign, and then the big buildup is just for a feckless attempt at usurping the Everchosen.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There doesn't seem to be nearly enough Nurglings under Ku'gath's palanquin, to support or move it, but it's supernatural so who cares.

I am however slightly bothered that there's only two Gnoblars pushing Greasus around. If you only want to animate two guys, make them favored bruiser bodyguards, and you could still keep to his tabletop nature as a slow, ungainly unit. The Initial D slide is indeed cool.

Finally, I hesitate to ask, but is Greasus big enough? One of his titles is "The Shockingly Obese," but is he really? Keep in mind we're talking "shockingly obese" for an Ogre as well. And underneath all that he's supposed to have enough muscle to make up for his lack of mobility. I just don't see it.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 3, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’ve been busy and haven’t finished a campaign yet. The farthest I’ve gotten are with N’kari on VH/N and Skarbrand on Legendary/N. In both cases, I’m on my second foray into the Realm of Chaos.

I took some advice and did Tzeentch first with N’kari, and managed to save scum it through even though Miao Ying got in before. A fun wrinkle to it is getting teleported after you attack her while she’s standing on a teleport. I didn’t manage to kill her in the first fight, so I had to do it again.The battle was tough for Slaanesh, I can see why I’d want to get it out of the way and not ramp it up, especially with Slaanesh. My army is still pretty marauder infantry-heavy. What should be my anvil later in the campaign?

Skarbrand did Nurgle first and is close to doing Khorne’s endurance battle. Where’s a good guide on how not to gently caress up Tzeentch’s realm on legendary when I do it next?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have some saves from before the patch, and they work fine. Guess I’m just lucky.

I’m nearing the endgame of my first campaign, VH/N using Slaanesh. I got the warning for the fourth roar, and I’m the only faction with three souls. Just gotta make sure I’m in a good position and go into Slaanesh’s realm first. Devotee armies are busted as hell.

I removed Skarbrand from the board. N’kari can take down Skarbrand decently if you blow N’kari cooldown abilities and Slaanesh and Shadow defense debuffing spells on him. I feel like I’ve had a harder time facing Exalted Lords of Change than Bloodthirsters. Anyone know what’s up with that? Ward save? Fussy animations?

The Regukar Keeper of Secret’s voice is so much better than N’Kari’s.

Has anyone gotten the 10 military alliances achievement? I thought a Cathayan faction might be good for it, since you can meet so many potential friends with caravans, but now I think Slaanesh might work for that too. I somehow got extremely high seduction ratings on every Norscan faction without even trying. I suppose if I’m more proactive sending out agents to chaos factions to the east it could work. I think it’s too late for that in my current campaign, as I’ve confederated one faction, some Norscans have been eliminated by the Ice Court juggernaut.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 13, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I believe I've seen screenshot here of a more egregious version of this phenomenon posted before, but lol:

To be clear, the one Herald doesn't have to wait for the garrison to reinforce him in this situation.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 13, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ran into a big problem in the Realm of Slaanesh: The descent portals don't do anything. I just stand on top of them and nothing happens. I tried moving back and forth, advancing the turn, and leaving the realm and re-entering.

Edit: Closing and coming back to the game fixed it.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 14, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Saving and loading works too.

Hmm. I did made a permanent save at the end of the turn where I entered the portal and did a lot of reloading to end-of-turn-autosaves afterwards, but I’m not sure I ever just saved and reloaded.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Slaanesh being able to use his main armies to summon a full stack is pretty nuts, even if they’re chariot-heavy and autoresolve doesn’t seem to like them. I’ve definitely played less-than-ideally, but I never found myself wanting for devotees. Use “Proliferate Cults” early and build the building that gives you devotees-per-turn. Slaanesh Cultists action against settlements is to create cults, much like Vampire Coast Captains.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Is there a collection or file of all the loading screen lore blurbs somewhere? I’m still finding fun new ones.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I finished my first game 3 campaign last night, VH/N N’kari. I’ve been continuing for several turns to get an achievement for a special Slaanesh landmark building in the middle of the map. I got construction underway, so just a few more turns until I’m done.

So what I gather is supposed to happen, is that no new rifts open. Any rifts that are currently open stay up indefinitely until manually closed, but they no longer spit out demons?

After I won, other races continued to go into rifts looking for the souls. One of them managed to get all four, and I got the pop up telling me I might have to go to the Forge to intercept them. When this happened, a bunch of new rifts popped up, including in my territory.

Does Be’lakor become available outside of the campaign like Sarthoreal or Todbringer? I stopped playing when the game crashed, and I only came back to click around and see if he was there. I didn’t see anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm making good progress on my Legendary Skarbrand campaign. I got 3/4 souls and managed to cheese Tzeentch's realm with one of the guides. I think I got it in the fewest possible turns I could have, in fact, or close to it. Ku'gath was booted out of Tzeentch's realm early because of this. However, instead of allowing me to pull ahead, this was early enough that they could head back in and get another soul. Seems kind dumb! Luckily I think I could take him out if I needed to.