Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh this is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAFPIbIBlHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Omnicarus posted:

I wonder if Alarielle will get her War Beetle this time around

That’s after she became a Goddess in AoS. It won’t come into play here pretty sure.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordja posted:

sauce your quotes

It’s from the official forums. The biggest babies among Total War fans.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dramicus posted:

The Slaanesh stuff has a sort of unnatural grace to it.

Part of the point of Slaanesh.

Like I remember this line from a character meeting a long-term Slaanshi cultist and it describes them as a whole pretty well.

quote:

He had a face that would have once been handsome, but it had been altered in pursuit of greater beauty to the point it was a grotesque mockery of it instead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah it's a match for Neferata's hat and that was the first faction I thought of when I saw it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The Chorfs will wage war against Neferata to prevent her from having The Most Impressive Hat.

Given that the Silver Pinnacle is very close to Chaos Dwarf Territory conflict should be inevitable.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For fun some Chaos Dwarf Lore and the Likely Legendary Lords.

Astragoth Ironhand High Priest of Hashut

The Chaos Dwarfs are ruled by the High Priests of Hashut the Sorcerer-Prophets. The Sorcerer-Prophets meet a grand conclave to discuss their plans of domination. All Sorcerer-Prophets are technically equal, as they have no leader or formal hierarchy. However Chaos Dwarfs respect age and knowledge just as much as normal Dwarfs, so the ones with the strongest voices are the oldest and most powerful. Astragoth Ironhand is the oldest living Sorcerer-Prophet and thus has the most influence among all Chaos Dwarfs. Astragoth was also known as the most powerful sorcerer the Plains of Zharr had seen in a 1000 years, but his power has started to wane. Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers are slowly turned to stone by their usage of magic (Probably a side effect of Dwarven incompatibly with it.) and Astragoth's legs and arms have petrified, so he is reliant on mechanical grafts and devices he has incorporated into himself to move and continue his duties without assistance. He's still a powerful sorcerer and his mechanical legs and arms make him stronger and faster then a normal chaos dwarf, if incapable of riding one of their great beasts into battle. Still his powers are weakening and eventually his head petrify and leave his coveted spot as most influential Sorcerer-Prophet open.

Zhatan the Black, Commander of the Tower of Zharr

Zhatan is a powerful general among the Chaos Dwarfs, and is known to be the most black hearted and cruel of them all. Zhatan serves as the second in command to Sorcerer-Prophet Ghorth the Cruel, currently most potent of all living Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers. "It is said that when Ghorth presides over the sacrifices of Hashut the only sound louder than the screams of his victims is the gloating laughter of Zhatan." Zhatan spends much time away from the city as he is constantly gathering new slaves. The majority of the Dark Lands Greenskins greatly fear him and send thousands of their own kind in tribute to him without a fight. Ghorth's forges can barely keep up with his demands for weapons, which fuel his conquests, which fuel his demands in a vicious cycle. He's also allowed to ride a cool Great Taurus or Lammasu.

Drazhoath the Ashen

Once a promising and ambitious Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith (A Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer skilled with magic and metallurgy, that has not quite yet reached the level of a Sorcerer-Prophet). Drazhoath caught the attention of Astragoth in a bad way, and was effectively exiled from Zharr-Naggrund (Their capital), to the Black Fortress a military base that serves as the home to the Legion of Azgorh, the Chaos Dwarf Penal Legion. Drazhaoth eventually took total command of the Legion and Tower becoming it's Sorcerer-Prophet representative. His power has grown greatly few other Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers can match him in arcane might or knowledge in the creation of war machines and Daemon-binding. Still he's a bit bitter as his ambitions have reached a peak. His lands and forces are far from Zharr-Naggrund and held in little regard. His voice as a lord of exiles carries little weight with the conclave, and none whatsoever with Astragoth the strongest voice who simply does not like him. Still Drazhoath sees opportunity knocking, as Astragoth is finally starting to wane. Drazhoath thinks he needs to gain a great victory, a massive amount of captives and loot that will boost his influence beyond his domain to help him secure prominence when Astragoth finally expires. Still he's not having an easy time as the Black Fortress is constantly under threat and fighting off enemies, so he's been unable to leave in search of his victory.

Gorduz Backstabber

"Stick 'em wiv arrers'. Stick 'em with knives, 'an swords, and spears. Stick 'em quick and stick 'em where it 'urts. But most of all, stick 'em when they's looking the other way."
The most infamous Hobgoblin Chieftain in service to the Chaos Dwarfs. Hobgoblins and their leaders are renowned for their short lives which comes from a bad habit of killing each other for greater glory. Gorduz is both clever and lucky enough (The fact that his boney shoulder hump is just a mess of scar tissue shows his good luck in surviving back stabs) to have lived longer then most of his species thought possible. He has self professed his dream of being the second Hobgoblin to die of old age, or show that story to have just been a myth. While not loyal to the Chaos Dwarfs he has always been a very willing partner to them, as the Hobgoblins have a bad reputation among other Greenskins to the point that Chaos Dwarf protection helps keep them safe. And all Hobgoblins have to do in return is be assholes to slaves or send some of their comrades to fight in the front lines, an easy choice.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 14, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sinteres posted:

It was always pretty insulting when they could have just made it a toggle, but yeah it's embarrassingly incongruous and greedy at this point to nickel and dime with that. It's obviously even worse if Mandalore's right about not having it loving up animations now.

Blood DLC is free if you bought it for any of the pervious games. Also the reason it has to be separate is to keep the Teen Rating.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember there will be a patch right at the start, and optimization is one of the last steps.

Also there is a fun little short story for those with Total War Access. https://dashboard.totalwar.com/home

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the Demon Souls thing, so it's just another thing I don't agree with Legend on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr Christmas posted:

Nagash’s old miniature is from the unified Undead army book, from before there was a split between Vampire Counrs and Tomb Kings. Google tells me he was an extremely high level wizard who was good in melee then too.

Nagash's old mini was also a result of self sabotage. The Sculptor for his model, wanted him to look like a desiccated corpse. However his superiors wanted Nagash to be a skeleton. So the Sculptor purposefully made his skull very silly looking to try and get them to go with a resculpt with a non skeletal head. But his bosses felt it was fine and decided to use it as is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For those who know the Fantasy Rules. How do both incarnations of Nagash here compare to Teclis.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordja posted:

To be fair, I don't think there's all that much to pull from in 8th ed. Tzeentch in general has always seemed to me to have the least model representation, with Khorne and Nurgle getting all the love.

Tzeentch has some good model representation. But it's primarily on the Daemon side instead of the Mortal one. Like even in AoS which has the largest mortal roster for Tzeentch has less then the other chaos gods, and it's primarily just heroes.

Acolytes (Marauder Equivalents. Also should be noted they are not actually buff supermen, they are just using magic to make themselves look like that.)

Tzaangors

Tzaangor Elites on Discs (Come in Melee or Ranged)

Magister (Tzeentch Sorcerer can be put on a Disc)

Tzaangor Shaman

Fatemaster (Tzeentch Chaos Lord)

Curseling (Named character from Fantasy

Ogroid Thaumaturge

All Tzaangors are also Beasts of Chaos units.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fuligin posted:

they need some inspo from the warhammer mmo, the inevitable city was dope.

in general when i think of mortal tzeentch design, i think mirrors, pearlescent and laminate surfaces, fluted armor and flame motifs. Stick some eyes on free space

Mirriors are a more a Slaanesh Thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Winklebottom posted:

Syll'Esske is probably out of the question, but I'd love to see them in action

Yeah it’s a Daemon Prince and Harald that really love each other and have a very wholesome relationships. (Not even by Slaanesh standards by normal ones)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the idea of say Arkhan, Neferata, Harkon or Mannfred being able to revive Nagash who becomes the new faction leader as an overpowered LL. I could also see when not being played for these factions to work towards Nagash’s revival if successful uniting under him as a threat other then Chaos.

I would also love to see Drachenfels added, he could have a cool Undead/Deamon army mix.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Daemon. I will be pedantic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yes, give me Drachenfels and his Castle.

Castle Drachenfels is still on WFRP 4E maps.

I think Castle Drachenfels is on the Realm of Chaos Map.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, Skrag starts in that province, even.

Province next to it from a quick look.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just made sure to ask for the day off way ahead of time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Having difficulty with Daemon Prince. Hard to build up my forces. Thinking of Rushing Slaanesh Realm to see if I can get that free 10 levels to all heroes and Lords thing, maybe that will make the difference I need.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is weird it keeps trying to downgrade my graphics. I am using what it recommended but turning the fog down. Are there any glaring issues anyone can see?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I imagine some patches will be coming soon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Captain Oblivious posted:

I can't tell if the Daemon Prince is just bad or not. His start is undeniably the hardest. Everyone, and I mean everyone, for miles around is gunning for you. Your economy is weak. What's more the Daemon Prince himself doesn't seem overly impressive? He is easily shot to pieces and the buffs from his component pieces don't seem that good. His skill tree is deeply strange.

I'm not sure how to square that circle atm.

He gets good once he gets going for a bit. Once you become scary most groups stop trying to boat over to mess with you. Some of his parts are just upgrades on earlier ones and set pieces give him nice buffs. Making friends with a few of the Norscans around you is not a bad idea as they can work for you well. Skarbrand and N'Kari once they start going south are also good allies.

I just got an Exalted Lord of Change to help him, so I am in a pretty good state with him.

Also being playing with N'Kari and he's a blender.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kestral posted:

For folks playing Slaanesh, hold off on researching the technology Everlasting Gift until the patch hits. It claims to add +25 Devotees from Gift of Slaanesh; what it actually does is give you +5 devotees, and disable all other effects from Gift. This is a simple fix for CA so it'll definitely be in the patch, but until then, watch out.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmyeb6hJII

Slaanesh currently has some issues. Like I have two cults set up in Nordland, And despite having buildings set up that should give me 11 Suductive influence with Nordland, it's only counting 6.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Omnicarus posted:

I'm really not liking the tower spam aspect of sieges

Why you got to capture the points to get rid of them.

Also for some reason Warhammer 3 is capping me at 10000 less ram then is available.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordja posted:

G-dubs posted a Cathay article which includes this map:

Singling out the Hobs like that seems promising...

Here are all the maps and updates given previously.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/06/cartography-in-the-old-worldgw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/28/the-old-world-your-first-look-at-the-map-of-bretonnia/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/21/square-bases-and-kislev-ascendant-see-your-questions-about-warhammer-the-old-world-answered/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/07/discover-warhammer-the-old-worlds-ultimate-getaway-for-exiled-lords-and-rotten-princes/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/18/grand-cathay-is-mapped-for-the-first-time-in-warhammer-the-old-world/

The Hobgoblin Khanate is also on the other side near Kislev.

Still remember this is still a few hundred year before the reign of Karl-Franz. It takes place right before Asavar Kul's Chaos Invasion.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have had much more field battles then I used. The AI is less cowardly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Carcer posted:

N'kari is interesting, an absolute blender but near zero armor makes them fragile. I actually managed to beat a similiar level skarbrand with him but it was a lot of hit and run cycle charging while chaff held him in place.

I decided to test N'Kari vs Skarbrand 1on1. They are roughly equal. N'Kari's magic and ability to force Skarbrand to Rampage at a range before he can use his abilities, makes it roughly 50/50 who will win. Even if Skarbrand can use his abilities first, N'kari's melee defence and attack speed are good enough that Skarbrand can lose in a slug fest.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Feb 19, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Around levels 12 to 16 or so Heralds will get the option to be consumed by an Exalted Greater Demon to summon them in. They seem to give half the xp they have earned to the new Greater Demon Lord.

Also Slaanesh Cav and Chariots have been super great for me so far.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

deep dish peat moss posted:

As Demon Prince they at some point (based on levels I think) get an option to upgrade to Exalted versions of themselves, which resets them to half their level and gives them a completely different skill tree. Sounds like it works differently for monogods though

I think it works the same.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gonkish posted:

All of the ME starts and presumed WH3 faction starts on the prototype IE map from the files. GEE, LOOK AT THAT GIANT CHORF-SHAPED HOLE IN THE DARKLANDS. :allears:

I imagine Tretch will be moved to the dark lands as that is were his base normally is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the Realm of Chaos campaign.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grimson posted:

Is there a fix for the unit size bug? Or are my Ultra sized units really supposed to be 80 man strong?

That's their actual size.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nephthys posted:

I think the real problem is making Konstaltyn seem like a crazy rear end in a top hat who hates Katarin when apparently he actually doesn't in the lore. He's just somewhat rightfully suspicious of this cult of ice witches that took over all aspects of Kislevs politics right when Ursan disappeared, Boris was found encased in ice and an eternal winter started up. Like let's face it, if this wasn't Warhammer Katarin would come off as an absolute supervillain. She's even based on the OG villainess, the White Witch from Nania!

Apparently theres a tie-in short story where Konstaltyn comes off a lot more level-headed and practical than he does in game. He even admits that he might have misjudged Katarin. Also at one point he finds a chaos cult in a basement, headbutts a demonette down the stairs before calmly locking the door and burning the building down. Which isn't related but is just cool.

The short story made him come across worst to me. Like a good number of the people he burned to death just happened to be there and got mesmerized.

Like I only think he sounds more reasonable in the cinematic is because he's taking to Boris.

quote:

“She will not take kindly to an immolation in the shadow of the Bokha Palace. The Ice Court claims the capital–”
“NOT TAKE KINDLY!” spat the Supreme Patriarch. He had stopped in the middle of the street, oblivious to any traffic and turned his ire upon the underling; no longer impassive, the fires of his fury were now truly lit.
“This child, a witch no less, sits upon the throne. All too eager to rest her frozen buttocks upon the seat still warm from her father’s touch - Ursun bless his revered spirit! Yet the Ruinous Powers send their agents to cavort in spitting distance of where she eats and fornicates. No, it is I that does NOT TAKE KINDLY to all this! She’d already be screaming on a pyre if she did not share the Red Tzar’s blood.”
Behind him, licks of flame came through the windows of the inn. Faint screams could be heard. “Magic is evil, even if you cloak it in ice. That is why the Great Bear is silent; he despises this witch who claims sovereignty upon the Motherland!” The subordinate carefully removed the phlegm from his face, avoiding eye contact with his master, he shuffled uncomfortably. “Brother Uzkef, something bothers you. Speak!”
“Fornication… if we are to bring the Druzhina to our cause we-we must be careful not to make frivolous accusations…” Uzkef tailed off under the withering stare of Kostaltyn. Only a few in the Great Orthodoxy would dare raise such a point to the Supreme Patriarch directly and, unfortunately for Uzkef, he was one of them.
Kostaltyn suddenly burst into laughter. "Brother Uzkef, if I did not know better, I think you’d be calling me a liar. I make no false pronunciations!” He took a parchment from his belt and plunged into Uzkef’s chest, who staggered at the force. Uzkef shakily unfolded the parchment and read the words on it.
“From my spy in the palace,” added Kostaltyn. Brother Uzkef looked at his master.
“Who is Prince Yuri Barkov?” he asked.
“Exactly!” said the Supreme Patriarch, who was on the move once more. ‘Come, Brother, back to the Grand Citadel. We have work to do.” Behind them, the building was fully aflame; Kislevites rushed toward it with buckets of ice and snow, only to be stopped by a ring of Great Orthodoxy soldiers and Patriarchs. The inn would burn all night, until there was nothing but blackened timber and ash.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 23, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kislev does not have the Wall, but it has very few entrances and is a harsh land.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They're going to have to completely redo all the skill trees for WH1 and 2 lords/heroes. Boyars are the worst example having literally 1 unique thing which is a slight buff at -50%hp but they're all super bare bones compared to wh2. I just don't see how any of the new lords or heroes could hang with any of the previous ones.

Pretty sure the Greater Daemons could hand most Game 1 and 2 Lords their rear end.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Once more stuff comes for the armies they will no doubt feel better. Hoping Nurgle gets Pusgoyle Blightlords so they have something elite and durable in the sky.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Broken Cog posted:

drat, only technical fixes in this patch, no upkeep bugfix this week it seems

Edit: I've been thinking, what's the point of the Lord of Change unit in Kairos' roster? It's cool, but it's pretty redundant, considering Tzeentch isn't exactly hurting for spellcasters as it is.

More casters gives extra winds and spell power. Also it's it's a pretty strong combat monster, better then Kairos himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Alctel posted:

I finished my first campaign (Kislev) on N/N

Man the big bad dude loves soulgrinders hey

Well you are fighting in the Forge of Souls where Soul Grinders come from.