Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Whenever you play as Skarbrand there should be a % chance that your army gets summoned to fight in any battle Thanquol is in.

MonsieurChoc posted:

If Thanquol is there, Gotrek and Felix aren't far.

I hope they rework those two, I very rarely see them.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

probably a super unpopular comment but is there honestly no NDA for Warhammer 3!?
the amount of content and videos about the game before it's even released has killed my hype.

there are no surprises there is nothing not if 30 videos. if you are totally fine with letting all these YouTubers spoil the game for us just realize the drat thing!

I'm only **** off because it pre-ordered the game if I hadn't I wouldn't buy it since at this point I may as well wait for DLC to see something new.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Mordja posted:

sauce your quotes

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/305891/no-nda-seriously

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I'm planning to play this on gamepass then wait for a sale to get it on steam, but I forgot how absolutely dogshit the Xbox app is. Trying to preload but it just says error and won't tell me anything else.

The game's not up for preload yet, that's on the 15th.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

A youtuber got access to a content creator pack and made a map with all starting positions (minor and major factions) plus another one with all the crests for new factions (plus a few repeats). Please pay attention to
a) the big empty hole in the Dark Lands
b) the fact that Nagashizzar has its own crest despite not being on the map

Also ignore the youtuber's obvious channel icon.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I like how Nagash's icon is just his hat.

The one with the hat is Neferata's. Nagash's is the Black Pyramid.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I just hope they don't squat the Southlands and Lustria as much as they did in ME.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Not sure how much of this is internet phoneline, but previously GW was somewhat infamous for not doing market/customer research (supposedly even being proud about this fact) and stating that video games were just a fad.

Oh it's very much real, I remember reading the documentation put out by GW. IIRC the phrasing was "marketing is odious in a niche" or something of the sort, this was back in the age of GW death threads and I remember people joking about the 'odious in a niche' bit alongside the one about 'jewel-like objects of wonder' when talking about their miniatures.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Kanos posted:

The infamous quote was "marketing is otiose in a niche", with otiose meaning "serving no purpose". Their belief was that GW was the undisputed king of miniatures games, so anyone who was at all interested in miniatures would automatically be drawn in to playing GW's miniatures games, so marketing to new audiences in any way was a waste of energy. This belief also led to all of the infamous GW price hiking, because they believed they had a captive audience who had no choice other than to pay whatever GW asked.

Old GW's leadership was truly impressively stupid.

That was it, thank you! I swear I googled around for it and couldn't find it lol It was a pretty dumb statement, yeah

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

There are only 5 missing factions from 3's map, but they still need unique settlements for big important cities - I imagine Itza and Hexoatl are gonna have their own unique maps, for instance.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It's important to note that before End Times Nagash was much, much weaker. He was an influential lore figure who hadn't been playable since 4th edition, he just sat around in the background biding his time. Sorta like pre-War of the Ring Sauron I guess? Teclis and Mazdamundi were considerably more powerful spellcasters than him and you can still play those two just fine.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Andy Hall danced around Mother Ostankya all interview long last time he was on Lorebeards so I'm sure she's gonna become a DLC lord sooner or later. She's the rebranded Baba Yaga equivalent. Naryska meanwhile is the equivalent of Ludwig Schwartzhelm for Katarin, she's the queen's champion and kind of like a link between the Orthodoxy and the Ice Court.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Giving all the demon factions the same mortal units would be incredibly lame and disappointing.

Randarkman posted:

I mean sure, but more mortal units and characters are like 100% something that's coming, probably even alongside an update to Warriors of Chaos (which may very well be free). In this case it's not a zero sum game. Second, Khorne/Tzeentch/Nurgle/Slaanesh aren't Daemon factions, they are god-specific, but they have a mix of Daemons and mortals. At the moment the Daemonic side of that roster is more or less complete as regards stuff that arleady existed in the setting.

According to Andy Hall in the most recent interview, CA thinks of the monogod factions as Daemon factions with a side assortment of mortals to cover any gaps, they didn't want to give everyone the same tools and that's why there's no, for example, Warriors for anyone but Khorne. I assume the less popular mortal lords like Festus may go to WoC over their monogod factions, and the most popular mortals like Valkya will go to Daemons because of the shiny factor. In terms of units though, yeah, no more non-mortals left to add unless they start making new daemons up.

Azran fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 15, 2022

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

VC actually got a rework that made all units and heroes accessible earlier, got a new start pos for Kemmler and the whole bloodline system + reworked tech tree. They still need some more stuff, though. There's no point to 2/3s of their regular lord, for instance.

Given the quality of their reworks so far, I expect Norsca and WoC to get a decent amount of love at some point in the future.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

it's a video game. not actually that important to play day one. my friday is free tho

post name combo smh!!!!!!

for real though I can't imagine how messy launch day's gonna be lol

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, I'm also enjoying them a lot. There's a lot of pathing issues as Ogres and some very ??? layouts for some of the maps but other than that they're very tactical and I enjoy thinking about how to best split up my forces.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Man, Whip of Slaneesh just wrecks formations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I recommend dismissing any damaged units, you can then resummon them fully healed at a supply cost later on.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jyARy1Tp-U

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Third World Reagan posted:

I got an issue where I can not recruit from warriors of chaos's full roster. Only marauder and marauder horsemen (throwing axes). It is pretty funny. I really wanted to have some chosen in my nurgle army.

It's very peculiar. I know you can't access DLC content through outposts but Norsca has mammoths and skin wolves so I have no idea what's the problem there. Must have to do with the rework.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The consequence for taking Slaneesh's bribes is that you won't get a soul that cycle and the AI will.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Are those Kislev secret police guys still around? I think they called them Chetniks which I think was a collaborator group during WW2 so that's a choice. Anyway give Kostaltyn a bunch of those guys to break heads and disappear witches.

They were called Chekists and they got retconned according to Andy Hall IIRC they have a different name now

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

So...what is the likelihood we get a The Old World/Time of the Three Emperors campaign down the road? CA has precedent for doing other eras as expansions for their games, and GW literally is working on developing one such era...

The Old World is very likely a few years out still. Plus the main difference is that you get three different Empire factions and that's it, really.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I thought you couldn't transfer settlements off of people you're at war with, even if you're the player?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah it feels like they're setting up a MK vs Changeling rivalry, which goes perfectly with the Tzeentch vs Cathay conflict.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It's important to note that without properly updated tools and a functioning mod manager, most mods are going to be movie style mods, which cannot be disabled unless you delete the file - they're always on even if you have the mod manager. So if you mod your game now, remember to delete it once mod support is officially out.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Mercrom posted:

I'm having an incredibly annoying bug. Whenever I start a new campaign the battles seem to use legendary rules no matter what difficulty. I can't use the overview map and pause opens the menu. It works correctly when loading old saves.

Validating files on steam found some files to replace but the problem is still there.

Make sure Battle Realism is disabled.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Back when WH2 launched, they mentioned Mortal Empires and added a comment saying 'we know not all the races playable in ME are mortals per se, but considering what's on the distant horizon..." so Immortal Empires seems to be as good a prediction as any.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I miss grey skinned ogres, yeah. When was the last time that was canon, back in 6th?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It's getting patched along with a bunch of other stuff in early April. March is mostly performance improvements.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

They released a news post about it today, on phone atm so can't link to it

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Any player count discussion has to happen in the context of extremely hyped, long-awaited Elden Ring releasing a week after launch.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

kanonvandekempen posted:

Did they release paid dlc content before immortal empires last time?

Only the blood dlc IIRC, ME came out a month after 2.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

Alright I beat Elden Ring, have CA addressed any of the big problems yet?

There's another stability patch coming in a few days but the first major gameplay patch is releasing in April. They said they're making some changes to the realms, traits, faction balance, etc.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

re: DP favor and bugged unlocks. There's a bug where you actually need 4401 favor, but the value gets stuck at 4400 IIRC

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I think as long as they make some changes to how often/where the AI can spawn towers, settlement fights are gonna be pretty fun. Smaller scale engagements and having to choose where to send your more mobile troops are a pretty interesting diversion from "attack move your army into the enemy army" or "wait for the enemy army to crumble under your 19 archer stack's firepower"

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'd either have the AI not be able to rebuild towers while enemy troops are in near proximity (to keep from needing a unit dedicated to bringing down towers), significantly increase the cooldown before you can build again if the tower is destroyed, or, as a more extreme measure, have towers be already constructed without being able to rebuild them, just upgrade them.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Settlement would mean just the city itself, region is also the territory around it. It's pretty consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The moment I see Volound's channel icon all desire I had of watching the video suddenly evaporates. Is he still an official content creator after he got exposed as a toxic idiot? Dude would go through the posting history on reddit of people who disagreed with him to get "gotchas" like "oh so you're suicidal huh"