Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

by Sigmar, I am so hype for this to come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Poor guy has to watch every single movie and read every book on release day or else he just can't stop himself from googling spoilers

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Triskelli posted:

https://youtu.be/ZRJo3R3ANsw

Mandalore video right on time.

Looks like the big complaint is sieges again, with the ai/pathfinding being poo poo.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Has anyone seen if ogres have similar campaign victory conditions as the other races?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Gonna mod each ogre unit to 160 models :getin:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Sinteres posted:

From what I understand I think the Cathay campaign is a totally reasonable backup for people who think the main campaign sounds overwhelming too. Sucks if your favorite factions are Kislev or Undivided, but otherwise it might be worth a shot.

It's obviously a lot shorter and more constrained, so I'm not saying it's a replacement, just hey if you want to play something you're more confident you can finish it's there.

So the co op campaigns take place on a smaller map?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Bloodly posted:

I don't see it. Aren't the barriers about 1/10th the total health of the unit? Isn't that a pittance? What's the issue?

People love to micro I guess

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ogres, my lord

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

QuintessenceX posted:

Do we know when the workshop will become active for this game? Totally forgot how long it took for warhams 2.

I don't remember either, but CA has to release the assembly kit for the game in order for any significant modding to be done iirc

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

If you can take the minor visual hit, turning Anisotropic from 16x to 8x can make a big performance difference.

Wait really? I always thought anisotropic was one of those things that basically had no performance impact

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Its just the campaign map for me tbh. Battles run fine. But man does my gpu turn into a jet engine on campaign maps

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ultrachrist posted:

Oh nice, I turned the game back on and there was a banner saying Ogres are free with PC gamepass version. I just had to register my account to claim the code and enter it in a Microsoft link.

Do you have game pass ultimate or just regular?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Man, these fat bois are HUNGRY. Gotta watch that meat consumption lol

Can't just run around with a full stack without any cares.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Okay, so played a little bit more ogres. It looks like if you're in the range of camps then your armies just straight up don't consume meat, while your big boys will still consume meat if they're just garrisoned without a camp in range. So I suppose in the early game you will probably want to make a camp near your starting settlement. You probably want one there anyways since most of your units are tied to camps and not settlements and you need time for it to grow.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Randalor posted:

Cut the trees.

Are you sure players won't complain if we change the trees?

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

This game would rather I die than alt+tab it.

I'm able to alt tab okay running in windowed mode. Had to restart the game after changing that setting though in order for the mouse cursor to work correctly

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Something I noticed from past games is that if the game seemed to be stuttering but I was still able to smoothly pan the camera during battles then it usually meant either my cpu couldn't keep up or the game engine couldn't handle what was going on (like having tons of units try to squeeze through a single gate in 3k).

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Frog Act posted:

Also wondering how to avoid running out of meat, it seems like that’s only really an issue in territory you own?

Just be in range of a camp I guess or upgrade that one meat building in a settlement all the way

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So did that slaanesh tech bug make it into the release version?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Yeah well maybe nurgle just taught a lot of English back in the day

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

*breathes in*

DDDDDDDDEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUVVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Looks like you can edit the data pack right now to disable rifts if you want

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/swf8cy/i_made_a_guide_on_how_to_simply_disable_chaos/

make sure you backup your data pack file since you have to edit it directly though, doesn't look like theres a way to load a separate pack file mod yet.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Gonna need a cowboy hats for slaanesh mod
:yeeclaw:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Randarkman posted:

Someone figured out a way to edit the mod files to just stop it

As instructed in that link you can set it so that even though they'll pop up the first time, they'll close on the next turn, then won't turn up again for another 999 turns.

Looks like a few tables are still shared between II and III but not very many. Pretty easy to add another III faction's units to be recruitable for another faction but I haven't been able to add any of II's units as recruitable from a building.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Still looking through the data.pack. I believe that if towers are bothering you somewhat, you can edit the missile_weapons_tables table. There, it includes all the towers for both settlement and survival. In theory, you could just change the tower projectile to whatever the weakest projectile is in the game. Dunno if thats goblin bows maybe? I haven't had a chance to test if this works yet. Unfortunately the table that contains the projectile stats themselves can't be edited yet.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 20, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's not the damage that towers do it's that the whole system exists. How're you looking at the data.pack has rpfm updated for wh3? I couldn't open any of the tables with new data in them when I tried.

It has not updated, I believe we'll need the assembly kit from CA to really open the new tables. A few of the tables can still be opened though, I gave tzeentch soul grinders a better projectile (hellcannons)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

How do I get my ogre units that are part of the camp garrison to replenish? When I mouse over the little x'd out replenishment icon on the units, it just says "local effects" are stopping replenishment...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The Chad Jihad posted:

3) if the ai wins, play a sad cutscene and give the winner a nice buff but dont end the campaign, let me beat them up

I know this post was some ways back, but I definitely was able to continue playing after losing the ogre campaign. I didn't bother doing any of the souls, just grabbed that sweet slaanesh weapon. When you lose, the records screen pops up with just the Return to Menu and Load Save buttons, but I was able to save on that turn and loading that save just lets you keep on playing. Maybe its a bug or something, I dunno

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Angrymantium posted:

I lost a game at turn 155 yesterday and I want to avoid having to start over again, but I'm not really sure what I can do beyond hoping to luck out on beating the AI to the next round of souls.

You can (currently) keep on playing if you lose

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

I’m just going to say it - nurgle needs ranged units.

And good ones too! The race has the aesthetics to support it, and they desperately need an answer both to ranged units and also to clear up enemy blobs that isn’t just more magic

You could easily mod the exalted plaguebearers ranged weapon and swap it for another more effective projectile rn.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I think the diplomacy AI needs another pass,

because offering to give the AI territory just reduced my offer score by -25 :psyduck:

Is it someone that hates you/you're at war with? Maybe they think you'll just take the territory back, or its just a shithole not worth having.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

nm figured it out

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 23, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I've had the AI initiate multiple battles on my settlements while playing as Ogres, but of course they don't get any walls so...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I'm gonna assume that covid hosed hard with the development of a complicated game that was already going to be buggy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Grumio posted:

I am 100% naming my daemon prince Pontus

Should name it Elden Ring instead imo

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

MEAT

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Did that same 2014 post mention anything about to activate mods without the mod manager? I have so many fun ideas and I have the tools to make them but I can't get the game to turn them on. :argh:

Yeah, theres a fair number of edits that can be done rn but I don't wanna bother doing lots of work just to have to do it again when a patch hits.

Battle variables like fatigue from shooting are editable rn as are things related to AI difficulty levels.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

But should you make those edits - how would you activate the pack file?

Directly editing data.pack

Which is why I don't wanna bother if theres gonna be lots of hotfixes coming out

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

jesus christ

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I meant, By Sigmar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Does anyone have any idea where the settings for this might be found in the files?

I was panning around enjoying all the pretty scenery and all of a sudden there's an ugly pink glow in the sky from slaanesh corruption. If I figure out how to do it I'll upload it somewhere because I can't be the only one that finds this to be an obnoxious.

Its likely one of the .xml files under the "vfx" folder tab in data.pack. I know at least thats where the no dust mod in wh2 did its edits