Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
That timeline means both the Chaos daemons and the Skaven are wiped out before the 1st game, nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Caidin posted:

I don't really understand the reverse chronological order thing. So are they are saying the squabble for Ursun is first, followed by big rats big plan, then the largely plotless original campaign?

Well it makes sense to end the series on a Chaos invasion.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Dr Christmas posted:

-Nurgle event where your forces discover the Brown Note

Nurgle continues being the best faction.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Launch being buggy is a tradition and hopefully there are some funny bugs. Biggest ones affecting gameplay will most likely be fixed in the launch patch.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Game runs smoothly and looks great. Started with Kislev and battles are insane wiyh almost every unit having a ranged attack and Katarin zooming around slowing enemies down.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Randarkman posted:

So is it confirmed that there's a bug with lords increasing supply lines even if they're not deployed? Because if so I'm going to have to suicide a bunch of Boyars in my Katarin campaign, because the two AIs I've confederated recruited a poo poo-ton of them.

edit: 13 in all not counting the former faction leaders.

Yes, CA has confirmed it and said the issue is being looked into.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Panfilo posted:

The Caravan mechanic is REALLY cool, probably my favorite new thing so far and it makes you tons of money. Also, similar to Ogres the two legendary lords/locations are equally good.

Caravan is going to be amazing in the combined map.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
That's the dumbest thing I've heard today and I've heard a lot of dumb things today.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Insurrectionist posted:

I've seen it suggested that blood DLC hasn't released because CA knows there are vocal groups critical of the DLC and believe releasing it before fixing things and putting out free content updates (whether IE or just some free lord pack or whatever) will result in fan backlash.

I thouht CA flat out said that they're going to address the gameplay and balance complaints and bugs first before doing a roadmap or blood DLC.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Gonkish posted:

I mean the "theaters" thing is completely unexplained and entirely speculatory, we have no idea if it's anything substantial or just something the coders used for their own clarification. Don't read too much into it.

The Reddit thread also has this:

quote:

Theaters don't have anything in common with the theaters in ETW. They are already in use in WH2 and are used for diplomacy & AI. An Ulthuan theater groups several factions together which would be expected to see certain changes for a Tyrion play through for example. That's why Wulfrik is included, because he's supposed to invade Ulthuan, not start on it.

The Screenshot you've posted isn't a confirmation of a startposition either, it merely shows a camera route. This can indicate Nkaris homeregion, but it could also just be his army starting there with his capital being somewhere else. Considering that the Nkari marker is for Tyrion's intro, this could also indicate a custom start change, i.e. AI Nkari gets moved to Ulthuan if the player starts a Tyrion campaign, while Nkari starts somewhere else when controlled by the player.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I was until CA revealed what they were doing. If they dont do something about them or there is a good reliable way to mod them out I'm just never playing the game again. I still regret buying game 3 and wish I could refund it because I just have zero interest in it anymore.

I don't think CA has mentioned any plans to change how minor settlement battles work apart from tweaking the towers and barriacades, but the 1.3 update slated for July will change things so that there will be more field battles.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Also a bit off to say "we're basically still waiting for the game". I've already wasted 70 hours on the game which is far more than I do on most games. And when the IE hits, hoo boy.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Eh, in the current sale WH1 is going for 12 euros and WH2 for 16 euros with DLC being more than 50% off. I imagine there will be another substantial sale when IE arrives.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Aurubin posted:

I imagine dwarfs and empire might get some new legendaries at some point, just no idea where they would go. Elspeth is the obvious not-boring answer, and fits thematically. That being said, I wonder how they could make Helborg or Schwartzhelm not boring, considering they're on-par with Alberic in being just dudes, magnificent facial hair nothwithstanding.

No way to make Schwartzhelm not boring, but Helborg could bring grandmasters of knightly orders as a lord or hero type which would be nice.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Lucinice posted:

I imagine Boris could easily be a Free LC character. Having him as DLC lord feels like a waste of time.

Dunno, there are some Middenland units which would be nice to have and the religious fanaticism angle could make it a good anti-corruption faction.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Okayish lands

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Slaanesh pretends to love you to use you, papa Nurgle accepts everyone.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Dr Christmas posted:

-A new “marks” system will let them take units from the monogod factions, with some caps. The rosters will be even more extended in campaign

It said there can be four "marked" units in an army, which is the same cap as with units from allied factions

not a bot fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 14, 2022

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
If I understood correctly, WoC will function a bit like Wood Elves in that there are some locations where they can build bigger cities but otherwise are locked to small settlements around them.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Speaking of Middenheim, a bit disappointed that the unique battle map for it is just a regular large city on a flat ground.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Really don’t get the Toddy love.

It's more about the units he brings along imo

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Volkmar and Ghorst seem like nice starts if the new faction mechanics are cool. Also if Festus starts in Brass Keep then holy moly that's my first pick.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
grim grog is the poo poo swill bugman makes

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
My favourite was sending a mounted lord after fleeing ogre lord and my lord just running in small circles around the ogre until it fled from the battle map.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah gently caress the faction of literal infinite possibilities and creativity, I need fifteen more variants of "steampunk gun" and "hat man"

The game needs more unique and creative characters like Killgore Slaymain imo

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I assume Festus starts in Brass Keep, since CA said they made it a single settlement province and mentioned that WoC can get a dark fortress there. And Festus is associated with Hochland, which is the province Brass Keep was cut off to be its own province in IE.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Demon factions get all the Marked WoC units for that god.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Arghy posted:

Buddy there's MP tier lists out there go look at them.

What i'm suggesting is lore friendly solutions

Why do you even care about issues caused by the low speed of dwarfs since you just corner camp anyway?

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

terrorist ambulance posted:

miners with a menace from below type teleport would be so sick

Miners but they turn into skaven. Yes-yes.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

I think they should remove the entire dwarf roster except for slayers and giant slayers.

Isn't giant slayer just a human?

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Vagabong posted:

thrashing every elector count probably isn't the most fun gameplay

Speak for yourself.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The WoC rework was developed at the same time as the dlc and they wanted WoC not to suck in IE especially as there is no chaos invasion in it. So it's sorta the best time to release the dlc.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Dramicus posted:

I dunno, A Cao Cao character turned up to 11 would be neat. Just go hog-wild. Make him the most brilliant strategist in the universe + having Cao Cao's temperament.

Yeah but they can do this and make that LL a dragon.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Tirranek posted:

I wonder if the Imperial Zoo is a sneaky Princess Bride reference?

Also, make it so if Rakkarth ever sacks Altdorf he gets bonkers recruitment options.

Rakarth has a quest to raze or sack Altdoft and the reward is 3 feral wolves, 1 stegadon and 1 black dragon. It's one of his first quests.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Also the hammer is probably a fake and the real one was lost 2,5k years before Karl Franz.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Kuiperdolin posted:

Valkia needs to be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine. Whenever Valkia's not on screen, all the other legendary lords should be asking, "Where's Valkia?"

Too bad they wasted Brian Blessed on Gotrek.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Kanos posted:

There was definitely a population segment that threw a big visible whiny shitfit about Cathay having female soldiers and mixed units.

One of my favourite things from WH3 marketing was a long-rear end whiny post with tons of pictures on the official TW forums about why Cathay having female lords is ahistorical and thus unacceptable.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Volkmar's book gimmick is still boring because it has nothing to do with the campaign objectives and by the time you have all the books you have already steamrolled most of the map and they just make conquering everything a bit less tedious.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Grimgor still gonna solo all the dwarfs, as is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Lucinice posted:

So far with all the info we have on the DLC and the WoC rework does it currently seem like there's going to be no reason to use undivided units instead of marked units? That's my main worry with this dlc.

There is a cap for marked units and there are things which specifically buff undivided ones.