Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Set posted:

Awesome! I got my very first angry (?) avatar change! Anyone recognize what it is supposed to be?

Lol someone paid 10 bux and hosed up the code on the yellow part of the text!

The "Paul Blart on a mobility BMP-1"-thing must have hit a nerve lol

Do IKs get free av changes? I lost my snazzy green background and I'm a posting nobody so I can't imagine anyone would get so enthusiastic that they'd pay actual real world money.

PS: if I ever do make someone mad enough about posting to spend money, just pm me a receipt for ten bucks to doctors without borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours.

Ed: Oh apparently all these new avatars are ~secret Nazi poo poo~ rather than the literal poo poo they wore on their uniforms, does anyone know what mine is meant to represent?

Party Ape fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

War Wizard posted:

It's likely out of a large set of intercepted communications and I doubt it's a representative sample. But murderous sociopaths passing in the military, with equally psycho wives? *Shocked pikachu*

I can easily some maga types saying the same poo poo.

US servicemen brought home Japanese skulls as souvenirs too. War rarely brings out the best in people, especially when accompanied by low morale, harsh conditions and dehumanising propaganda.

Having said that, the wife treating a brutal war as nothing but a shopping trip.
:psypop:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-september-17

quote:

Russian forces continue to conduct meaningless offensive operations around Donetsk City and Bakhmut instead of focusing on defending against Ukrainian counteroffensives that continue to advance. Russian troops continue to attack Bakhmut and various villages near Donetsk City of emotional significance to pro-war residents of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) but little other importance. The Russians are apparently directing some of the very limited reserves available in Ukraine to these efforts rather than to the vulnerable Russian defensive lines hastily thrown up along the Oskil River in eastern Kharkiv Oblast. The Russians cannot hope to make gains around Bakhmut or Donetsk City on a large enough scale to derail Ukrainian counteroffensives and appear to be continuing an almost robotic effort to gain ground in Donetsk Oblast that seems increasingly divorced from the overall realities of the theater.

Russian failures to rush large-scale reinforcements to eastern Kharkiv and to Luhansk Oblasts leave most of Russian-occupied northeastern Ukraine highly vulnerable to continuing Ukrainian counter-offensives

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I'll be damned, you can put it in H

Edit for Twitter bullshit:

I'm more curious about the 3X.

I assume the Н is a cyrilic N for Neutral - which matches up with wiktionary translating "neutral as in gears" as нейтра́льное nejtrál'noye, and I imagine the 3x is actually Зх, (zch or something like it) ... but I have no idea what that'd be short for.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Jarmak posted:

Tried but I can't report your "well gee, they literally posted guards to execute desperate starving people trying to flee but it's not genocide it's managerial incompetence" post for being gross as gently caress but it appears you can't report admin posts?

Sebmojo is one of the few admins actually taking the weird allowed bloodlust against ukrainians seriously which is nice, it's understandable that he is not familiar with the details of the Holodomor and trying to argue with seasoned people whose whole personality is denying genocides on the internet. I recommend Snyder's bloodlands for a detailed look into how the Holodomor happened and targeted Ukrainians

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Plane tweet I linked is from a plane parked in Estonia since 2021 apparently.

So planes aren’t falling out of the sky yet.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

:lol::lmao: :allbuttons: Russian pilots will be flying A320s using rudder, engine, and trim tab control only within a few months (until a pilot skids off a runway in winter). All the other planes will be cannibalized for parts. It's also even money that one of the larger birds literally drops from the loving sky.

This is just like that time they used a pencil in space

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Computer viking posted:

I assume the Н is a cyrilic N for Neutral - which matches up with wiktionary translating "neutral as in gears" as нейтра́льное nejtrál'noye, and I imagine the 3x is actually Зх, (zch or something like it) ... but I have no idea what that'd be short for.

"Задним ходом" = "reverse."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yes it was actually the Brits and Americans that did the Holocaust. They killed all 6 million people in the span of a few weeks and LOW AND BEHOLD blamed the Nazis their sworn enemy.

Oh and the mass Graves in Yugoslavia? The Yugoslavia resistance did a false flag on Germany.

It also means Stalin killed like 15 million Soviet civilians on liberated territories over 1943-45. Sounds problematic, but it's very true. Sad!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

"Задним ходом" = "reverse."

Oh right, I should probably have guessed that from the position on the selector.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I'll be damned, you can put it in H

Edit for Twitter bullshit:

Take her for a test drive
And you'll agree
Zagreb ebnen zloty dien!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

War Wizard posted:

It's likely out of a large set of intercepted communications and I doubt it's a representative sample. But murderous sociopaths passing in the military, with equally psycho wives? *Shocked pikachu*

I can easily some maga types saying the same poo poo.
Oh I absolutely find the content believable (if not representative of course). Still, feels different if you know it's real rather than possibly propaganda.

Computer viking posted:

I assume 3Х = Задний Ход = Reverse (literally, rear/aft movement)

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Party Ape posted:

Do IKs get free av changes? I lost my snazzy green background and I'm a posting nobody so I can't imagine anyone would get so enthusiastic that they'd pay actual real world money.

PS: if I ever do make someone mad enough about posting to spend money, just pm me a receipt for ten bucks to doctors without borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours.

Ed: Oh apparently all these new avatars are ~secret Nazi poo poo~ rather than the literal poo poo they wore on their uniforms, does anyone know what mine is meant to represent?
I think mine is just directly from Wikipedia? A trident with berries, the most sinister of symbols!

I had a friend who knows cyrillic translate and as far as he could say it goes "Bandera is our father, Ukraine is our mother". So yeah directly calling you a nazi, it seems. Why they decided to present the text like the logo for some fancy yoghurt is anyones guess! You might want to have yours changed...

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Set posted:

I think mine is just directly from Wikipedia? A trident with berries, the most sinister of symbols!

I had a friend who knows cyrillic translate and as far as he could say it goes "Bandera is our father, Ukraine is our mother". So yeah directly calling you a nazi, it seems. Why they decided to present the text like the logo for some fancy yoghurt is anyones guess! You might want to have yours changed...

lol, they literally can't help themselves: it was the primary perpetrator of the ethnic cleansing of Poles in Volhynia and Eastern Galicia.[6] Its official date of creation is 14 October 1942,[7] day of the Intercession of the Theotokos feast. From December 1941 to July 1943, the Ukrainian People's Revolutionary Army shared the same name (Ukrainian Insurgent Army, or UPA).

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
3x is for axaxaxa you got your prized tank captured you stupid fucks axaxaxa

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is how some freaks actually think about this

That other forum posted:

It doesn't matter what some pentagon spokesman claims is the point or capability of a system, it only matters what Russia sees it as, and they've been pretty crystal clear on how they see it all. You can argue until you're blue in the face they're big dumb dumbs for not understanding europe just needs to be protected from all those iranian missiles and should simply chill, but it doesn't change the fact thousands of people are dead and thousands more will die in the ukraine because the US is that kid on the bus holding his finger 1/4 inch away from your face saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you... :smug:"

Someone remind me what country or countries border Latvia and Estonia, and Poland, and Lithuania, and Norway

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Party Ape posted:

lol, they literally can't help themselves: it was the primary perpetrator of the ethnic cleansing of Poles in Volhynia and Eastern Galicia.[6] Its official date of creation is 14 October 1942,[7] day of the Intercession of the Theotokos feast. From December 1941 to July 1943, the Ukrainian People's Revolutionary Army shared the same name (Ukrainian Insurgent Army, or UPA).
For them the height of subterfuge is either to make an image slightly fuzzy or write nasty words in a easily translateable language.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Someone remind me what country or countries border Latvia and Estonia, and Poland, and Lithuania, and Norway

Yes. Complex global political situations and war are actually the exact same as when a child teases another child. Therefore warcriming civilians in ukraine is someone else's fault and not the people pulling the trigger.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Toxic Mental posted:

Well the implication is that Russia is irrational and can't be appeased because they are incapable of acknowledging security concerns of others. So the only way one can deal with Russia is through violence, I guess?

Set
Oct 30, 2005

The Fattest PI posted:

Yes. Complex global political situations and war are actually the exact same as when a child teases another child. Therefore warcriming civilians in ukraine is someone else's fault and not the people pulling the trigger.
One of the things they have been consistent with is this disturbing glee they describe and defend mass death of other human beings with. No matter if it is the potential deaths in Europe this winter because of the energy crisis, or any of the genocides they have decided are a good thing actually. It speaks a lot of the type of person they are, and I find it terrifying. It is a childs view of the world, before their brains build the connections so they can understand abstractions.

Set fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 18, 2022

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Oldsmobile posted:

Bald and Bankrupt's interrigation in Russia before they kicked him out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKsjLlVpMLA

he's a rapist op.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Set posted:

One of the things they have been consistent with is this disturbing glee they describe and defend mass death of other human beings with. No matter if it is the potential deaths in Europe this winter because of the energy crisis, or any of the genocides they have decided are a good thing actually. It speaks a lot of the type of person they are, and I find it terrifying. It is a childs view of the world, before their brains build the connections so they can understand abstractions.

Interestingly, the reasoning is suspiciously identical to alt-right people in america.

Something bad happened? First of all, no it didn't. If it did, our enemies actually did it, false flag. Regardless the victims deserved it anyways.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007

Set posted:

It makes more sense once you understand that time is static and everyone within a country is 100% accountable for the actions of their leaders going back to time immemorial.

For example, did you know that because JFK did the Cuban missile crisis 60 years ago, no one is allowed to complain about Russia invading Ukraine to prevent them joining NATO?

Or to put it another way, ~its her turn~.

Set
Oct 30, 2005
So to summarize:
Fascists gonna fascism.

They all (nazis, tankies, isis etc.) are really the same exact ideology, but with a different coat of paint.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Instead of getting mad about people buying you a Nazi avatar you should just buy them a really nice avatar maybe something with a link to donate to st Jude's or an animal shelter in your area

When they go low we go high!! (:

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

3x is for axaxaxa you got your prized tank captured you stupid fucks axaxaxa

If you put it in 3X Vin Diesel drives by on a motocross bike and does a back flip.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Set posted:

line is off this (less than traditional version) song that made the tank cook-off compilation rounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L6tDfhYasw

but yeah one of those troubling historical figures that gets turned into a national symbol. most people probably just view him as a pro independent Ukraine/anti Soviet dude and forget the bad stuff with the jews/poles. tankies of course hate him but not really for the actual bad stuff, just the anti-russian pro ukraine bits.

i guess like columbus who just did a fun voyage, made some discoveries and went home after minimal murders

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/status/1571609137384931338

Hoping very much for this to be true.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nooner posted:

Instead of getting mad about people buying you a Nazi avatar you should just buy them a really nice avatar maybe something with a link to donate to st Jude's or an animal shelter in your area

can I just copy your avatar nooner, text and photo alike. I really like it

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Hell yes. Let's go

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russian lines are continuing to deteriorate of the Seville donuts access, from the phone calls we've listened to over the past days it is clear that everyone is fleeing to Russia as best that they can. Everything points to the fact that the commanders have completely fled and now it's just men running around doing absolutely nothing.

I will recount that scene from Apocalypse now where Captain whatever his name is goes to a base that everyone is fighting but nobody knows who's in command.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Toxic Mental posted:

Perkele! How quickly they forget....

:finland:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Nooner posted:

Can I recommend a field of sunflowers in bloom under a cloudless blue sky? Underneath that a link to the international Red Cross/Crescent.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

thoughts and prayers posted:

Perkele! How quickly they forget....

:finland:

Yeah but Finland isn't actually a full on NATO member (yet)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

appropriatemetaphor posted:

line is off this (less than traditional version) song that made the tank cook-off compilation rounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L6tDfhYasw

but yeah one of those troubling historical figures that gets turned into a national symbol. most people probably just view him as a pro independent Ukraine/anti Soviet dude and forget the bad stuff with the jews/poles. tankies of course hate him but not really for the actual bad stuff, just the anti-russian pro ukraine bits.

i guess like columbus who just did a fun voyage, made some discoveries and went home after minimal murders

:ohno:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Bluemillion posted:

Well that was a nice mental health break from this thread. Let's see how much goon poo poo I have to scroll past to see more of Putin feeding his life's work into a blue and yellow wood chipper.

thanks i'll make sure to file this important information in my excel spreadhseet where i keep track of when forums user "Bluemillion" is going to be online or not. (*loud, long, wet fart noise*)

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Calibanibal posted:

Hell yes. Let's go

Hey man, since you're stopping by, what was the joke behind the blurry avatars of fascist symbols you've been buying folks lately? I don't understand why it's funny to do so, so I was hoping you give an explanation for that. Thanks in advance.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I went on a walk yesterday while I was in time out for saying something that by all evidence is considered much worse by the moderation staff than posting genocide denial conspiracies and saw this which I thought was interesting

The panorama shot makes it kinda squished, but im assuming that the scary dark path is to RUSSIA!!! XD

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipex_Alligator

That is a big loving rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Now that's a gun deserving of having "ultima ratio regum" inscribed somewhere on it AKA latin for the final argument of kings(also put on French cannons)