Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sashimi posted:

My local Ukrainian Credit Union gave ways to donate to help both the war effort and the humanitarian crisis.

these are nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You and/or the other goon should probably support your assertions here.

the UCC are banderites

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.google.com/search?q=UCC+banderites

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I didn't say "make another unsourced assertion whose connection to the organization linked is not immediately clear". I shouldn't have to google separately from your one-liners to 1) verify who the UCC are and 2) verify that the Canada-Ukraine Foundation at least works regularly with them.

It does seem like both those things are the case.

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

Actual thanks to those who are highlighting troubled groups that people should avoid donating to

no problem

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Kaal posted:

It probably should be pointed out that the UCC and UCCA refute these allegations and condemn all far-right and extremist views. The CUF fund in question is collecting money to send humanitarian supplies to Ukraine, which they talk about here:

https://www.cufoundation.ca/second-aid-provision-sent-to-support-ukrainiane/

The debate essentially comes down to disagreement over how to characterize Ukrainian anti-communist groups in the 1930s-1940s. Some people see them as mostly nationalists, and others view them as basically fascists, but it should be emphasized that there is not consensus on this and the academic argument (which Himka is part of) is also tied up with debates over the Holomdor and Ukrainian independence.

In addition, there's a contingent of people like Richard Sanders (the other guy linked as "evidence") who are still fighting a rear-guard action against the dissolution of the USSR, and have long diatribes available about every post-Soviet state and their supposed connection to Hitler, NATO, and the CIA. :tinfoil:

You're posting self serving apologia for a group that participated in the holocaust

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Kaal posted:

Substantiate it or gently caress back off to CSPAM.

Lmao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

Its fine to call out issues, but please don't do this.

Ok

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
How about a simple bold message that explains that the various Ukrainian Congress orgs (UCC, UWWC, etc.) are controlled by the OUN-B, along with a short message explaining who the OUN-B are

Any other orgs that are discovered to be affiliated with/front groups for the OUN-B (like the CUF) can be appended to the OP message

no hyperlinks needed
Please don't ban me I'm not trolling

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
One of the charities the humble bundle gives to, razom for ukraine, are banderite affiliated

You can set it to only donate to the other 3 I think

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What’s your evidence?

about 10 minutes of googling the people on their about page and what they do with the money

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994250&userid=225713&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post521848459

is it really so hard to just donate to MSF????

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

Gonna be clear: Present the evidence here, because
1. I'm not going to dig through CSPAM, sorry
2. You have a history of making GBS threads up threads here.
3. You make it pretty obvious in your post your goal is to roast D&D rather than help.

So help. Stop turning this into a roast opportunity.

how is saying "if youre going to donate to the humble bundle you can adjust the donate so none of it goes to banderites" making GBS threads up the thread?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

if the group i was donating to had a VP who was a member of a neo-nazi youth org, i would simply err on the side of caution and donate to MSF instead, even if the other connections were as tenuous as you think

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

Because you redirected it to CSPAM where you are OPENLY roasting D&D. And I'm saying we will gladly consider your evidence, present it here.

do you want me to copy and paste the post in here but tone down the snark 15%? or do you just want to ignore it and let more yet people donate to banderite-linked orgs

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, just tone the snark down and present the evidence. What you have to share is valid, please share it.

ok

quote:

Lyuba Shipovich
Vice President

Prior to moving to the USA, Lyuba was a founder and president of the Zaporizhzhya branch of the Ukrainian Youth Organization “Molodyj Rukh”

quote:

Ukrainian Youth Association (Спілка української молоді; Spilka ukrainskoi molodi, or СУМ; SUM). An émigré youth organization established in Germany in 1946 by members of the OUN (Bandera faction) to attract those who did not already belong to other youth groups. Its initiators hoped to emulate the traditions of the Association of Ukrainian Youth, an organization allegedly active in Ukraine during the 1920s. In its statutes it sets itself forth as a patriotic organization whose slogan is God and Ukraine.

Here is one of the recipients of their scholarship money from 2018.

sporting the OUN-B Blood and Soil ribbon, standing in front of a flag for this group:
https://www.uwvm.org.ua/?page_id=3463&lang=en
Who are led by a veteran of the neo-nazi Aidar battalion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aidar_Battalion

So, they have Banderites in their leadership positions and as recently as 2018 gave donation money directly to Banderites

theres more but that really should be enough and i want to go watch Jeddah FP1 now

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

Did I invalidate his evidence? No. But I'm not going to go dig through the thread where you REPEATEDLY imply that D&D is openly encouraging people to donate to Nazis and use it as a way to dunk on D&D. So no, I will not be visiting your thread. We highly discourage people from dunking on CSPAM in here, sorry you chose to not return the favor.

Thank you. Is there a specific group that people should avoid donating to (I think you said it was related to the Humble Bundle?)

Like I said in the original post - Razom for Ukraine

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i assume you meant to type far right and not alt right

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Omon Ra posted:

So are the gang tags no longer being given out because the enlightened nazi hunters and Russian war crime explainers at the other subforum that may not be named took issue with them?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thekeeshman posted:

Do you really think that the hypothetical threat of far-right groups in the future is in any way comparable to the current killing, raping, kidnapping, and just general grab bag of atrocities being committed by the current Russian army, which has a long and consistent history of being in every way terrible and barely better than the actual WW2 Nazis? Nothing any far-right group in Europe has done since literally WW2 has been anywhere near as horrifyingly destructive as the current Russian war crimes, and nothing is making the far-right look better by the minute than the ongoing Russian war crimes.

You don't want the far-right to gain support? Great, that means ending the war ASAP. Which means getting as many weapons as possible into every available hand on the Ukrainian side. You are using distant hypotheticals to discourage people from doing the objectively correct thing here and now, which means you are literally carrying water for Putin. You should take some time and consider how you ended up in this position, and how you can avoid supporting genocidal dictators in the future.

Holocaust revisionism not even worth a sixer it seems

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ummel posted:

The :tinfoil: about Razom, et al. from bad faith posters is really something.

If you want proof about the good work they're doing, check out their website and don't believe some doofus faux leftist qanon poo poo.

https://razomforukraine.org/razom-emergency-response/

Do you know what a Banderite is

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

god please help me posted:

Alright, thanks. The allure of the UwU shell got to me, but now that I'm not posting late at night I would rather the money go directly to the Ukrainian government than some rando making a hustle. I heard there was some concerns about how various international donation agencies are sitting on unspent donations, so does buying a pack of "Russian Warship, Go gently caress Yourself" stamps go directly to the government?

Lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Bump

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Somaen posted:

For some reason the bank of Ukraine's donation mechanism by card is broke, so sending funds here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Back_Alive

Pls wipe << that and give me back the gangtag

CommieGIR posted:

Come Back Alive supplies military equipment and training including to Azov Battalion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Uhhh