Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress Putin. gently caress Trump. Go Ukraine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bird food bathtub posted:

Given their approach to war I'd genuinely be questioning if it was accidental or purposeful.

Bloody stupid either way, given that the prevailing winds will blow all those roentgens back on Russian lines of communication.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Christ, Warhol was wrong, wasn't he? Actually in the future everyone will be a photojournalist for fifteen minutes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Naked Bear posted:

Word on the wire is that somebody somewhere American has confirmed that two IL-76s packed with paratroopers were, indeed, shot down. Russia really is still pushing the airdrops and has landed dudes south of Kyiv (?).

loving Market-Garden went smoother than these Russian airborne ops.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kazinsal posted:

The mayor of Kyiv is also staying to fight. He's a retired professional boxer who held the WBC heavyweight title for five years, and only relinquished it because he wanted to run for mayor of Kyiv.

e: 41-2 record, only losses were one RTD and one TKO. No "real" knockouts. God drat.

His brother, also a boxer and a member of the Ukrainian Parliament, is also also Hayden Panettiere's babydaddy.

They both look exactly what you'd expect an Eastern European boxer-turned-politician to look like.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kazinsal posted:

The brother who's the mayor of Kyiv is also a chess enthusiast and friend of former chess world champion Vladimir Kramnik.

Every Ukrainian is a chess enthusiast. So is every Russian. There's a reason for the expression "two Russians are a chess game."

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 26, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arrath posted:

Alright the fact that he played the president in a series the years before his election is some crazy poo poo.

And yet when we elected an actor to be president we got Reagan.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I got put in Twitter jail for tweeting at Putin that he should “eat poo poo and die”. :(

I salute your sacrifice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Elon Musk is reportedly sending Starlink terminals to Ukraine as Russia appears to be disrupting Internet connectivity there.

This may not be a good thing at all since it can be triangulated and targeted.

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1497745011932286979

Maybe the Russians will blow up Elon for us.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FrozenVent posted:

Can’t wait for Elon to call Putin a pedo.

He might even be right this time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cugel the Clever posted:

The heroes live to fight another day!

We can only pray their balls survive to improve the human genepool.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I do believe you can see Bradley Cooper’s plastic baby driving one of the vehicles

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1497885037324292098?cxt=HHwWhMCywaugx8kpAAAA

Would the crews have dropped in thermite before abandoning those vehicles? Otherwise have assumed they’d stay with them until a tow arrives, even if Ukraine couldn’t drive them off gotta be some valuable stuff worth ransacking.

Depends on how much the crews give a poo poo, really. It's even possible they deliberately stranded it and walked away like more heavily-armed Antonio Browns.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good Lord that's a shift.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoggerific posted:

Note that Abe is no longer Prime Minister, so it's basically just some dude's opinion. This doesn't seem too out of line for Abe, though - he tried really hard for years to change the Japanese constitution to remove Article 9, the one that renounces Japan's right to wage war. I don't keep up with Japanese politics that much since I don't have the right to vote here, but he's always seemed very hawkish to me.

I don't really follow Japanese politics either but there's got to be quite a difference between trying to remove Article 9 and explicitly saying "yeah, let's let the US base nukes in Japan."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

1940-1945, actually.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Anyone heard anything further re: Russians using Bears and/or Blackjacks to take out arms and supply shipments from nato & western countries?

Haven't even heard of it happening at all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SlowBloke posted:

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1498049577131208705

Last tweet seems to be in high spirits, not doing the usual sarcasm about the west and how nice russia is tho

Think he misses Hawaii right now?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bennyfactor posted:

Those are the Pripyat Marshes, which I could see how someone could get mixed up with Chernobog, since it kinds sounds like it could be a portmanteau of Chernobyl and Bog.

Russian vehicles certainly seem to be churning a bog right now, from the photos I've seen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

brains posted:

just want to revisit this old chestnut from last month, as russian forces prep to enter kyiv
https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1491029914497449986?s=20&t=Qv3YfgmHJ-nBZDwnW_xHCw

Now I've never even tried to enlist and haven't fired a gun in more than a decade, but shouldn't they be trying to stay even slightly concealed instead of going down on one knee in the middle of the street?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Woodchip posted:

Pantsir, more like Pantsed-ir

Pantsir on the ground
Pantsir on the ground
Lookin' like a fool with your Pantsir on the ground

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

This was a ridiculous loving probe someone posted what is Nazi propaganda and this guy called it out. Don’t be a loving baby because you don’t wanna hear it.

Wrong.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CommieGIR posted:

I have no doubt that's happening, but the reports I've mainly seen is Russian troops doing that to occupied towns.

Judging by accounts of the Eastern Front in 1945 this is practically SOP for Russian forces, sadly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

stealie72 posted:

Sorry, who's doing that?

Right now nobody. Earlier there were a couple of C-SPAM posters trying it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Neither is Western Europe.

Or pretty much anywhere. As a species we kinda suck. Would've been better if we'd evolved from a nearest common ancestor of gorillas instead of chimpanzees.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flikken posted:

How does loving Remington not have a verified checkmark??

It's the Bay Area/Silicon Valley techbro mindset. Individual fascists are fine because freeze peach, but firearms companies are icky and bad because guns are icky and bad.

I probably sound more :freep: from saying that then I meant to, but it's almost midnight and I'm too tired to try and reword it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/BDStanley/status/1500093881349808128?s=20&t=n-buJlQkIaCj6IVOR0PuCw

I'm starting to think that the Deltas from Animal House could defeat the Russians in a standup fight.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
A Russian fire team got captured because they took a goddamned elevator. Jesus Christ, even Elmer Fudd wouldn't fall for that one.

It's gotta take tremendous effort to be this bad at war.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I suppose they might've been trying to get captured and this seemed as good a way as any.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Franziskaner Kellerbier.

Even the name sounds refreshing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh poo poo boys, we've been found out!

KitConstantine posted:

A Russian "political analyst" posted a twitter thread showing documents and a laptop that supposedly prove that Ukraine and NATO were plotting an invasion of Donbass and Crimea - conveniently recovered in Donbass! From a far right militants because why not?

https://twitter.com/politblogme/status/1500466895383900175?t=cUuH63SDoEwPrpn_PXxjsQ&s=19
It has to be true - there's a sticker on the laptop! A sticker!!!!

drat it, NATO IT!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

not caring here posted:

US marines in southern Afghanistan?

I think he meant aircraft that were shot down.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MRC48B posted:

Isn't this the UK's dead mans signal?

If the Vanguard class ssbn on patrol can't hear it, they open the safe and get the PM "Letter of Last Resort"?

No, that's the ordinary BBC Home Service radio broadcast.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ASAPI posted:

Anonymous is claiming that the Russians no longer have control/access to their spy satellites. Shovel full of salt and all, but lol.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/hackers-russian-satellites

:laffo: if true but I don't believe it for a second.

Also a thin gray anti-aliased font on a white background? Try harder to make your site unreadable, futurism.com.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
MiG Party at Rammstein!

https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/1501268895939837954

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

psydude posted:

How many MiG-29s does Poland have?

20-30ish IIRC.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FrozenVent posted:

Situation is pretty dire, World might be on brink of war.

Let’s consider forming a committee.

It could be about emergency admittance of Sweden and Finland to NATO, which is a pretty big deal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Nice! posted:

Russian propaganda is now saying that the theatre and maternity hospital were both nazi false flags to serve some purpose that I cannot divine.

Giving C-SPAM types more talking points.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

He's probably just going home to get Beria'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

It's funny because it's true (sort of).