Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Is that a 1st cav patch in the top right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1500516392763801608

Another Russian jet taken down. When was the last time an invader lost this many aircraft to hostile fire in such a short period of time?

US marines in southern Afghanistan?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I think he meant aircraft that were shot down.

Never not be dunking on marines for that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Arrath posted:

At least zip line goon made something.

A kid sized crater?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

mlmp08 posted:

The Navy.

Oh Fat Leonard, you lovable scamp.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Is this finally the precision artillery they have been talking about?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Midjack posted:

How long has it been since staind was relevant? 20 years?

Well, it's been a while.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
For dingbats who roll up with no combat skills you'd think just putting them to work digging people out of rubble and digging graves and poo poo would be more help than anything else.

Make molotovs, load and unload trucks, man the laundry, something. They get to be of help, get a pat on the back, and then get to make up the wildest bullshit combat stories you've ever heard of when they are trying to get tail in a bar back home.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So how far is Ukraine away from a NEGATIVE equipment loss?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So Putin tried to poison an oligarch but ballsed it up and now he's hiding out in a bunker?

Oh yeah, they looking to give him the tokarev daydream.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

madeintaipei posted:

Libyan enema.

GADDAFIIIIIIII!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, that flying was ridiculous, how do you light them up without destroying an apartment building

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Where are the easiest two places to find a former SEAL?

A book signing or prison! :dadjoke:

All the goddamn time. We had two CONEXs of miscellaneous crap 'Foreign Familiarization' hardware that had been accumulating since Korea, including a Chinese made DshK clone on a tiny little two-wheeled carriage with the cutest little gunshield. The SF 18B course has several days, if not a week, of range time built into their syllabus for training on all kinds of weird poo poo.

The big central arms facility at Benning had STACKS of foreign weaponry. Tons of Russian stuff, so many AKs, but it was all being stored and maintained for some cool dudes to come along and practice I guess.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Quackles posted:

Hang on, where did the TNT even get sold to? Whoever bought it can't really use it without getting a lot of attention. "Stuff blows up" isn't quiet or subtle.

You're assuming it ever actually got made.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Three Kings
Buffalo Soldiers
Burn After Reading
The Men Who Stare At Goats.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I want to watch an anchorman style fight between CIA, NSA, and DIA over who gets to touch it first.

NSA gets to touch it first, CIA gets to touch the officer that was found nearby, and DIA complains about funding.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've never seen a red text that says so much more about the person that bought it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

karoshi posted:

Igor Sergeiyivich, we have MRLS at home. MRLS at home:
https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1533442096371314688

Is that a Mitsubishi Triton?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

For when you are expecting someone to fire back at you or aircraft to come at you, this is a far superior choice than a hilux.

Those things can really book for what they are.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Judging by how a lot of US combat vets that went to Ukraine came right back in a few weeks, I'm gonna assume it's super, super bad.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Quackles posted:

I thought they used PSI in Australia, not KPA?

You find psi thrown around a bit for things like tire pressures, small air compressors, things that interact directly with the public. Anything more industrial and it's off to bar and kpa, not that it matters between the two, you just shift the decimal point a bit

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

BIG HEADLINE posted:

All Taiwan needs to do is - behind closed doors, of course - tell the US and Europe that "if China invades and you leave us in the lurch, we'll not only burn down the chip fabs ourselves, we'll figure out how to light the ashes on fire as well."

That's the motivation right there.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

psydude posted:

Who wants to bet that only about 25% of those work.

I think the most optimistic view for North Korea a decade ago was that 75% were good.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Slap an M2 in a CROWS and it is frighteningly repeatable at very long ranges.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

bird food bathtub posted:

Playing the optimistic note, what happens when Ukraine finally has full territorial sovereignty restored?

In that scenario Ukraine would have demonstrated enough military might to spank Russia and push them out of their country, but what happens on the restored borders? Russia gonna Russia, so I see them being dickheads about it constantly. Bombing/striking cities trying to rebuild, endless funding of destabilization agents and entities, constant border skirmishes.

Even my optimist hopes turn out not too optimistic going down that line of thought.

Fire up the fuckin' HIMARS and give them a good going over so that the feel it an order of magnitude worse than Ukraine did.

What are they gonna do? Invade?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Friend, that was for Russian invasion of Ukraine.

We are now talking about Ukranian special military operation.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Tomn posted:

Are you talking about blasting every military installation within range, or revenge strikes against Russian civilians?

Woah, let's ease up on the war crime throttle there, Boris.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Honestly I thought there couldn't anything more homoerotic than army combatives but there we go, there it is, just straight up fondling the dick and balls.

Touche Russia, touche.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm gonna guess party and/or FSB adjacent

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

I would buy the gently caress out of that

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

M_Gargantua posted:

That defeats the point. Get it for free/cheap in a scrap yard if you can't take one from your enemies.

My enemies aren't classy enough to own Pugeots.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Apparently not even missiles that will hit their target

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The only training I'd want / need is "pin" and "spoon" and "where the commander's tent is" before I go surrender with my mosin in the air to the nearest Ukrainian dude in uniform as fast as my knock off adidas will carry me.

Fuuuuuuuuck all that noise.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I just had a horrifying thought. What if Putin decides to use a tac nuke to assassinate Zelenskyy, his location be damned, says suck my dick from the back and retires, calls himself the winner and leaves the mess to everyone else.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

psydude posted:

How many stories was his fall from grace?

Must live in a one or two storey because he slipped and fell into a noose.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Sorry, I was a tank driver. From my perspective it was a long, but rather calm process, with not much labor involved.

Other crew members mileage may vary.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I notice that all implements of murder have been removed from all fun volunteers.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Soul Dentist posted:

Otherwise it's a sparkling wedding crasher

:captainpop:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That noise sounds like the triangle bouncing around underneath the tank. Broken tracks can be surprisingly noiseless, but you'd see a wild careening off course instead of a swerve. And thrown tracks... that didn't really sound like a thrown track.

Would've liked a bit higher quality though, so I could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CainFortea posted:

Also, as an aside, I really wish musk would buy Pinterest and kill it like he's doing Twitter but even faster. Not only is image searching a loving nightmare when Pinterest is added, but I work in weddings. Pinterest alone has destroyed more wedding plans and caused more explosions of anger at weddings, then alcohol.

Hey what is pinterest doing to weddings now?