Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

psydude posted:

Overheard two Americans at a bar on Thursday complaining about how there's no parking at Patch (EUCOM headquarters) right now. Should give an idea about how involved the US is behind the scenes.

watch out soldiers, that gorgeous dame's a spy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
So what do we know about the 10,000 Chechen unit moving in? I just keep thinking about how brutal the Russians were to them and vice versa during that campaign. Are these basically just softboys from rich families loyal to Kadyrov?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

davecrazy posted:

If your an ambitious general who wants to take over Russia now is probably the time.

Whose the zukhov of 2022? Let’s get that guy

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Blind Rasputin posted:

Those weren’t mobile crematoriums they were battalion tactical bread makers.

the silver lining being if the russians can't even keep their T-15 Armata operational how the hell are they going to have time to bake the dead errr bread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Stairmaster posted:

seems premature to say russia is losing when they've been taking ground nonstop and have kiev encircled. too bad biden and the state department will never be held accountable for leaving ukraine in the wind

Ya trump would have done soooo much more

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I love Reddit gatekeepers this and then leaves the loving active disinformation poo poo up

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

What’s the two at4 looking tubes on the left? Also what’s the long tube between the ak with nade launcher and rpg7

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dee snider not being a chud is surprising to me for some reason

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I feel like you can't even fault the experts for that assumption. I vividly recall the time in the pre-2000s when the ongoing joke was that Russia wouldn't even have fuel to let their nukes fly.

This was followed by 20 years of Russia moving towards the point where they had half of Europe in their pocket on energy-dependence alone and we're making stupid bank connected to those deals. Granted, Putins Regime is a big ol corruption-grift, but with the expansion and modernization of its military, there was a very believable explanation of where some of that money was going.

I always had Putin figured out as the type of autocrat that would have a good feel and instinct of which farts to huff and which bullshit reports from his sycophants to believe, because I kinda doubt he would have went down this road if he was fully aware of the absolutely desolate state of his armed forces that would make him lose face so goddamn hard.

I can only assume they corruptioned so comically hard that literally all of that good oil and gas money disappeared into pockets of every single officer on the way down the chain.

at this point the signs from sochi are so apparent putin should just run with it and deploy a brigade of sochi dogs

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

drat worse than the Zimbabwe buxx?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

McNally posted:

2022 comedy option: US uses seized Russian assets to fund student loan forgiveness.

I know it'll never, ever happen but a man can dream.

then Putin did what Stalin could not: bring communism to the United States!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i dont think ive seen any new drones in the purchase orders or "donations" from allied countries. Wonder why that is considering the turkish ones have been working out well for them

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/borzou/status/1498393087952961541

Someone come get their dumbfuck dad before he gets hurt.

Texas twang: “not bad ukraine. You made Russia use 10% of its power”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Lol Snowden is going to commit suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head three times with uranium tipped bullets

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

but then all those Russians pissed about western WWII movies not having Russians could have taken part in the Normandy landings!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Syrian Lannister posted:

ExxonMobil also pulling out now.

maybe they can have Putin arrested in New York

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
can a Pantsir reach a TU bomber?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

we gonna sell hot dogs out of it?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
putin mad russia never had their own Tienanmen

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Crab Dad posted:

poo poo some US cop joined up?

Cspam's ears perk up: "Let me tell you about the Az-

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

that...wasn't a meme :stare:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i hope to god for everyone's sake the russian clownvoy turns the gently caress around and or surrenders. Highway of deathing them would be such a waste

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the Azov don't discredit Ukraine's right to independence anymore than it does the US because of the proudboys and 2%er and patriot prayer and oathkeeper shitheads

okay that's probably a bad example to use for tankies but

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Hannibal Rex posted:

No idea what they're saying, but serious Fox Mulder/Dana Scully vibes.

Mulderov I am very skeptical that the government is bad

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

No war but Hot war

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

bees everywhere posted:

Sweden and Finland have tiny militaries at the moment. I had the opportunity to work with the Swedes once and I was a bit impressed, they were well-trained and well-equipped, but they only have 24,000 active duty soldiers.

im sure they can muster people. The Thunberg division will be mean but green

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

golden bubble posted:

I guess CSGO is finally validated, now that we have the first ever firefight occur inside a nuclear powerplant.

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1499549391983624195
https://twitter.com/EnbridgeandCo/status/1499549954313912321

I am completely convinced that the modernizations of the 00s and 10s were all an elaborate lie. Soviet era equipment really is the best the Russian army has.

I guess gun was not fine after all

Did the Russian officers sell everything that was worth more than 100 bucks?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I’m extremely curious how the hackers are holding up since they never seemed to really come in play

Especially now that the rubble is dust

I can’t imagine trusting your Bitcoin coffers to the government that let it get to this point is a good idea

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I'm more curious what they're eating. Are those sardines?

psydude posted:

Triple posting because this made me chuckle:

https://twitter.com/BBCTech/status/1499693576342622209

I guess this is one of the use cases the Naval Research Laboratory was thinking of when they created Tor.

"yeah gimme those Jimmy Saville clips"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
this was in Russia :stare:
https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1499714102616330244

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Saw something in one of the other threads that was russian reports that it was an explosion at an ammo facility or something like that but they explicitly said it was an accident and not a missile.

Also, this is news (from a couple hours ago)

https://twitter.com/HenryJFoy/status/1499679745012871171

well as long as they are covering up an embarassment and not trying to start false flag poo poo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/dohuyaumnyi/status/1499725455288582149?s=21

what is this thing

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1499702341146234880?s=20&t=T0zwEqgVSHzkSzOreMBLNg

Spoggerific posted:

Doctrine purist, structure neutral.

not toyota, certainly not a hilux. Not even a pickup truck or flatbed :thunk:

ill give them a pass on minimum wheel requirement

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
yeah there's plenty of video of refugees of color telling their story. I don't doubt them

davecrazy posted:

Garbage command and control!

The Hand of Knob

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Fun fact: these codes only represent the aircraft's number in its individual unit. So in the entire VKS, there could be a dozen or more "04 White"s of various types flying around.

I genuinely do not know how they kept/keep any kind of running inventory of how many aircraft they have on hand; that may be why they started serialing stuff in the RF-###### range fairly recently. But it makes identifying aircraft for enthusiasts like me an absolute nightmare.

The authors who I got this from often use the phrase "to confuse hypothetical spies," which probably describes a lot of the weird poo poo that went on in Soviet industry.

wait so literally the "paint 3 pigs 1, 2, and 4?"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
or gender for that matter

already reports of women being raped

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1499742788946120707
err wow

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Handsome Ralph posted:

:confused:

I don't think you're pro Russia or anything, but that twitter account has been straight up peddling Russian propaganda as well, so maybe don't cite them specifically?

I also have no doubts that kind of poo poo is happening at the borders and it's incredibly hosed up.

they literally said there would be no invasion

then again I guess this isn't an invasion

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Imagine how pissed Putin must be to have spent all this money psyoping us with this Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge poo poo and then gets no return on it when he cashes in on all those good will chips he got from not being the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Reminds me of the scene in Commando where Arnold and Rae Dawn Chong break in Surplus City.

Rae Dawn Chong, conscripted into Russian army: *fires M202 Flash backwards into fully loaded BTR*