Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Methanar posted:

It's a lot of money and honestly starting to creep into bougie territory. Anyone making 60k better start being careful about accepting their rich get richer raises because 70k is the cut off for when guillotine cut offs start. If you know what I mean.

It's triple the wage of someone making 10.5 an hour. Nobody making 70k is actually producing 3x the value of a cashier who makes only 23k for a full year rs work.

this is why we need JDPON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

numberoneposter posted:

*makes $60k canadian*

TABERNAC!!!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

60k was around when i started just buying whatever i want at the grocery store

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mulaney Power Move posted:

60k was around when i started just buying whatever i want at the grocery store

No more BAR S brand hot dogs from the family dollar. Movin on up.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Johnsonville Brat flex.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Methanar posted:

It's a lot of money and honestly starting to creep into bougie territory. Anyone making 60k better start being careful about accepting their rich get richer raises because 70k is the cut off for when guillotine cut offs start. If you know what I mean.

It's triple the wage of someone making 10.5 an hour. Nobody making 70k is actually producing 3x the value of a cashier who makes only 23k for a full year rs work.

You are confusing the middle class with the upper class. If the cashier fucks up it's a mild headache, if the dialysis nurse fucks up people's grandparents die.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
60k rubles

Or as I like to call it, five dolars

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Boy I can't wait until I'm earning that six-figure salary.

*Ignores the fact that people have been using the phrase "six-figure salary" to mean "high salary" for like 50 years even though today's $100k has the same value as $75k as recently as 2010.*

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

LargeHadron posted:

Boy I can't wait until I'm earning that six-figure salary.

*Ignores the fact that people have been using the phrase "six-figure salary" to mean "high salary" for like 50 years even though today's $100k has the same value as $75k as recently as 2010.*

I might relocate for said salary and what i'm finding is my perspective living options are about the same as the last time i got a major raise and new room to move around

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

Johnsonville Brat flex.

Whoa look at Mr Rockefeller over here. Some of us still gotta make do with Jimmy Dean.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I have a union job, and a 401k and pension coming to me when I retire. I've also invested with Edward Jones for the past fifteen years and Dayna has always given me solid investment advice.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Icochet posted:

Wife: I'm going to make some bread
Me: That owns
Wife: Did you grind tree bark into the flour again
Me: I put so much tree bark in there lol

"you dig some ditches?"
"Hella ditches"
"Nice, lol"

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Its kinda funny reading it online in GBS, but in the real world people so fixated on other people they don't know earning more than them to the bizarre extent many in this thread are are called loving psychopaths.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I recently received an increase in salary since the demand in my field is depressingly huge right now. I make roughly around $1750 per paycheck twice a month for 10 months during the year (summer pay might end up being... $2100 per paycheck, I'm guessing?) and I owe federal taxes this year.

I'm surprised OP hasn't been permabanned but we're probably his only support network.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
*pulls up in leased base model bmw*

You might say I’m…beamin’ :grin:

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
With this much money i can get a trophy wife.. From a less developed country baby!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
*keeps 20 to 30 dollars in cash in wallet “just in case”*

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Methanar posted:

Great, and 10.5 an hour is 10x the wage of some random dude in India busting his rear end to deliver produce every day on his motorcycle. Good thing we have you to decide where this cut off is otherwise this issue could be pretty complicated

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
If 70k is your cut off for the guillotine then you're going to be left with apprentice and first-year blue collar workers running everything.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah people who make $70k aren’t anywhere near wealthy OP. I guess if you’re single without a family that’s a decent paycheck but if you’ve got a family it ain’t poo poo.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also it ain’t the people making $100K annually or even $200K that are the problem. Hell, even low millionaires aren’t the problem. You can gently caress up having a million bucks easy by being bad with money. It is also possible to make a million bucks without being a criminal.

The guillotine is for 100 million and up. You don’t make that much money by following the law. They’re also the ones with enough free cash to actively affect national policies through outright bribery and funding PACs.

Billionaires should be shot on sight.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Methanar posted:

There are plenty of cities in North America alone where 60k USD isn't enough to live comfortably, let alone be "bougie."

I mostly agree with your statement about value of work. There shouldn't be people who make many times as much as anybody else working full time.

But you're looking at this completely backwards. It isn't that $60k/yr is too much, it's that $10.50/h is far too little. NOBODY in the world working full time should be struggling just to survive, or be one paycheck away from complete destitution. We are living in a post-scarcity society; full time work should be enough for everybody to be comfortable.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Bad Purchase posted:

the last person is honor bound to guillotine themself

gently caress that poo poo. If I'm the last person to be alive, I'mma walk around naked, PISS AND poo poo WHEREVER THE gently caress I WANT, jerk off in abandoned cars and all that.

Fuckin' a man, being the last person on earth would be sweet!!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’ve found the more I make, the less work I actually seem to do. Honestly, the hardest jobs I ever worked are still grunt-level retail and serving. Those are both hell on your mental well-being and body.

Now I’m a corporate middle manager making a very competitive salary, and I sit in my robe at home knocking out my daily tasks in two hours and spend the rest of the day just kinda being on call if someone needs me. Usually I’m just on SA or playing games.

Not complaining, but it’s still pretty hosed up.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Doctors and other professionals actually provide valuable services tho. Executives, managers, and people in finance are just empty suits that suck up a lot of money because they are the people in charge of the coffers.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also it ain’t the people making $100K annually or even $200K that are the problem. Hell, even low millionaires aren’t the problem. You can gently caress up having a million bucks easy by being bad with money. It is also possible to make a million bucks without being a criminal.

The guillotine is for 100 million and up. You don’t make that much money by following the law. They’re also the ones with enough free cash to actively affect national policies through outright bribery and funding PACs.

Billionaires should be shot on sight.

100% agree. there's no reason an individual should have a billion dollars

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

kntfkr posted:

100% agree. there's no reason an individual should have a billion dollars

all billionaires are necessarily murderers

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
but not all octagons are stop signs

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

you know it's true what they're saying about how nobody wants to work any more.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Let's not be too hasty here. With my sandwich idea, my new ketchup and genius marketing plan, my Heelies for dogs business proposal, I may find myself making a billion dollars one day and I don't want to be shot on sight. In fact, my 60k salary is just a stepping stone on the way to being one of those billionaires, and so I'm against any kind of law that would inhibit or constrain the person I will one day be.

Sleen
Jul 30, 2003
My 2 weeks pto per year doesn’t roll over, better use it before I ‘lose’ it haha. Going to book a nice staycation with the missus

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Got me a Powerball ticket and a dream.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Love to go in on those office lottery pools when the jackpot gets big. What if I didn't and everyone else got super rich??

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
*finances purchase of a new $3000 couch*

*rationalizes it as 'good for my credit*

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
two people making 60k each with 1 kid is upper lower middle class where i am in jersey. paycheck to paycheck and it sucks.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Kids are expensive. The part where you have to decide between spending a whole salary on childcare vs. just tanking someone's career is especially vicious.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, it's funny how the people who hate immigration also will never support the programs that make having kids not financial suicide and also complain about the labor shortage.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

yuck

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I make $65K right now and it's eerily apparent that unless I get another couple of pay bumps very soon it won't be enough to continue living in a major metro area in the States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Our fundamental financial weakness is clearly DoorDash. $58 for Jason’s Deli.