Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

If Danny Ric is so bad how did he beat noted poggers driver Lando Norris then? Check and mate, Ric haters :colbert:

McLaren's car looks like it loving sucks so bad holy poo poo I hope they can fix it. :(

IKR what a poo poo pair of cars they have this season. That was the only disappointment for me in this race, otherwise it was just refreshing to see a different ending with unexpected results. K-mag 5th! Zhou 10th in his first f1! The Alpines and Alpha-Romeo-Ferrari in the points! Red Bull nowhere! Mercedes not at the front! This could be an interesting year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Another great race, K-Mag still impressing, Ocon somehow has somehow become a racing driver at some point, astonishing, and ...well at least Lando is in the top ten. Danny stop blowing the car up.

Latifi screaming NO MAX IT'S MY WALL I SAW IT FIRST! *CLANG*

Cimber posted:

I'm sure the ride home on the Alpine plane is going to be rather awkward. :D

This was farsighted.

Carteret posted:

Crofty shut the gently caress up

I thought he was going to cry in the last laps jfc.

straight up brolic posted:

KMag playing Lewis like a fiddle lmfaoooo

I like to see a driver learning something, seems to be a rare occurance.

marshalljim posted:

Yeah, just make sure you're drinking Foster's. Australians lovvvvvvvvve Foster's and don't ever let them tell you otherwise.

And drop bears. Drop bears are everywhere, wear a helmet at night.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I've just seen a car on fire roll down the hill by itself and thankfully roll into the barrier where they could put it out.Nürnburg rocks.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 28, 2022

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Otherwise it's your standard 3-horse race.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Payndz posted:

If Red Bull has to win then at least it was Checo, but god drat, Ferrari. How the hell do you turn a 1-2 into a 2-4 with the guy on pole in fourth? Other than apparently planning your race strategy using a ZX Spectrum F1 management game from 1983.

The 2nd revision of the ZX Spectrum Next is due sometime halfway through 2023 now, thanks to covid and XILINX, so they had to work with what they had :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Caught the race, and Monaco this year was much improved by the weather. Wet races are my jam anyway, they expose all the weaknesses in F1 and it was a constellation of poo poo-fuckery on display last weekend.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

Fam I’m not feeling super confident about that ferrari power unit

It's not the mechanics I'd be concerned with at this point, it's whether Ferrari have an intelligible strategy for the season at all. Like the OP said, its a long season, things could change.

Blowing one engine and possibly compromising another could indicate a deliberate strategy to win early points as a buffer and take penalties to replace the hardware, in which case that's come way too early. Or it could simply mean an over-anxious desire to win the grid, and stay ahead at all costs and they've just run the machines beyond their tolerance. Most people in this thread aren't going to credit Ferrari with the cunning of the former strategy, which makes more sense as a late-stage season move like we saw from Mercedes. But perhaps that's the gamble, who knows? At some point, most of the field are going to have issues just due to attrition, especially with a new hardware code, this "pit stop" could be lucky for Ferrari. Or it could be the signature of the end of their championship hopes. :shrug:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

Pretty amazing that we’re unsure whether a team that has sunk billions in to its F1 program over the years has “an intelligible strategy.”

Where does Italian passion fit here?

I'm assuming the thread is going with the passion, it's just me trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that this was deliberate. Pushing the limits of the new code early in the series may not be too much of a risk if you're confident you can make up the difference later. Most of the other teams are just trying to make their implementations efficient, but you'd expect Mercedes, RB and Ferrari to be pushing it somewhere.Maybe this will be clearer in another 5 races.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

something weird is going on with toto and hamilton, i think

toto was saying he didn't know if hamilton would finish the race before it even started, then after the race said he didn't know if hamilton would race in canada and that de vries would be ready to go

hamilton never said anything like that, and has since gone out of his way to say he'll be racing

maybe nothing, but it seemed weird that a team principal would be saying something like that, especially since the driver is then directly contradicting it.

what led toto to say hamilton wouldn't finish the race or race next weekend??

Relevancy deprivation syndrome.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cimber posted:

I'm not surprised Carlos hosed that up.

No one expects the Spanish in position.

:golfclap:

There were a few different coloured bins for this weekend, not merely that McLaran's cars are poo poo and their drivers are helpless. Alpha Tauri massively failed, and I assume Haas crossed some French god. Vettel seemed to give up after his qualifying failure, but Stroll saved the day with a shiny new point and no walls were harmed...yet. The real loser of the day was Alonso who was owed better than that 7th place to a bunch of chancers gifted easy places by safety cars and cheap pitstops they did not deserve.

Relying on safety cars as a strategy is getting a bit ridiculous, I think they should limit the safety car pitstops you can do and make them less of a temptation to go in. Then if one holds a safety car pitstop in reserve that might be a better tactic later in a race than one who used theirs earlier.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Respect, lmao.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Merc much better car this weekend, much better time after FP2. Alpines bouncing horribly, and lots of sidepod cracking. Strolololol. RBR oddly subdued.This could be interesting.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Crofty/Brundle Madness: the "awesome" British triad of Lewis Lando and George, only one of whom has ever one an F1 race and the other two can do everything but. In particular the gurgling about George der Wunderkind this weekend has developed into a weird narrative like he's got some kind of voodoo radar checking out all other racers and their strategies.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

learnincurve posted:

I'm slightly concerned by people confusing Jenson Button with Brundle tbh

They all blur in to "general British commentator accent" after a while, and I forgot to throw Button into the mix. And it wasn't the obvious favouritism for you dumbos on the thread who pick the most stupid interpretation of everything, it was their weird expression of that favouritism.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yay rain. Stroll into the wall, calling it now.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

"are Nige" bullshit, no one called him "are Nige" bakc in the day, he's a miserable sod.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

danny squeaks in by a shoey.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

can't see poo poo Captain

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

please let it be a wet race, let it piss down on everyone.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

treble posted:

It’s really sad how much abuse Max gets.

So easy to troll this dumb thread.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

George and Lewis want to be near Seb's cool car :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This is the first time I've watched Brundle's perambulations in real time, god its awful.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cirofren posted:

I've watched most of them over the past year and a half and this is one of his more competent and compelling performances.

Oh great, it can only get worse then. I see something broke on a Ferrari again. Jackie Stewart's no fool.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

shut the gently caress up Sam Ryder, ugh.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

that's a fair chunk of the field out

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

gdi that halo saved another life, Zhou would have been marinara through that fence otherwise.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Gotta admit, this is not a good advertisemrnt for Great Britain

It's the perfect description of Great Britain :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

lmao Sainz you binman

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's all happneing now lmao

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

yeah the funniest result would be Lewis winning and the dummy spit that would elicit from Ferrari and RBR.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's just so entertaining to watch Ferrari gently caress up, they find new ways every race.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

wownderful racing

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So hyped by that instant classic race I'm going back to catch the F3 replay just so I can watch cars go around Silverstone. Not without its dramas either.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

DrunkPanda posted:

But I like Spa! :ohdear:

spa spa spa spa lovely spa, beautiful spa :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I just got on to the FP1 stream in time for Lando's bum health report wtaf

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Are Dan is getting training wings on his go-kart lol

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

well those Mclarens need a repaint, 10 years dungeon.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ArmZ posted:

look at all those mclaren fans, still cheering on their team :unsmith:

I was going to :golfclap: this but then Lewis crashed and red-flagged qualifying and they cheered that instead :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

GEORGE THE WALLLL IS CALLLINGGGG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ArmZ posted:

typical tory behavior smdh

I'm enjoying his auto-flounce at the first sign of disaster.