Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
4 years later I drive by a Joe Biden billboard that reads “Miss me yet?” and towards a new fresh hell that awaits US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Do you need to speak to the manager?

Here's a deep peek on Manchin's coal investments

https://twitter.com/ella_nilsen/status/1508441439696474118

Pretty obvious this person will never allow coal to be properly regulated.

On another note, a reminder that America's defense budget is astronomically larger than any other nation.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1508441555601965068

See, if America’s defense budget being this high resulted in competency it’d be one thing. Whatever accounting is done to bribe or grease and spend on bullshit unnecessary equipment to line defense companies suck. Can’t even protect against russian internet trolls holding infrastructure hostage. And it can’t fix grifters and bad leaders wanting to do war in the Middle East leading to failures in Afghanistan, etc.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
More appropriate for anothe thread

Gatts fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 30, 2022

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Industry and the market taking advantage and gouging people for profit and to sink the Biden Govt and backslide into DeSantis/Trump dictatorship is hell of a thing. Should take a lesson to never bail out and help industry because they’ll just laugh and stab you in return.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Unfortunately I don't think establishment Dems even comprehend that there can be anything wrong with this or that they even have knives in their back. This is just what you're supposed to do in the free market, right?

Yeah I think they turned on Biden when he pushed the BBB which meant higher taxes for the wealthy. The wealthy have no skin in the game for America and do not want to give back to her for her well being.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That's a less funny explanation to a funny situation. If the campaign is telling the truth, then why in the world did they use a darkening filter?

Why, to own the libs who would call it out and create controversy my dude

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

A big flaming stink posted:

So new quinnipiac poll came out and wew boy is it loving dire for biden

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1514366187051831296

not just is the approval rating insanely low, the numbers for hispanics are dire as hell.

But that's arguably not even the worst!

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1514331363247280133

like its not that surprising considering he's done literally nothing to draw support from millenials/zoomers but still, good lord those are some insanely rock bottom numbers

That is not a bug. It is a feature.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This is all theater, no different than Ted Cruz or Lindsay Graham. If they believed any of this poo poo they'd have done or do something about it. Instead it's about fundraising.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

I've been hammering on this for a good long while and even started a thread about it like a decade ago but I don't think the true influence of right wing media can really be underestimated in all this. The way it's shaped people's world views and how they draw "information" has, to me, reached critical mass. To the point where we have true believers who grew up on this poo poo in office right now talking about rigged elections, adrenochrome, rampant pedophilia, and Q poo poo.

Most of it has genuinely become mainstream and has succeeded in moving the Overton Window so far to the right over time that most people didn't even notice. Six years ago, most people on this board were laughing at Donald Trump, then when he won calling him a joke who would never get anything done and scolding people who were concerned for saying the sky is falling. poo poo, people here were laughing at the anniversary of 1/6 and calling it a joke. It's not.

The sky IS falling.

This nation on a rapid track to theocratic fascism and I honestly don't see a way out. You can feel the meanness and cruelty in the air, seasoned with the poisonous spice of desperation. We're in big BIG loving trouble here and I don't see the humor in any of it nor the necessity of dishing out probes to people who point it out and mods threatening to double down on them. Give me a week off and a time out if you want but I'm pretty old and have watched this poo poo unfold since the Moral Majority, Reagan and, again, the real rise of right wing propaganda and media domination. I also don't think I'm wrong.

I'm not crazy. I'm sad, powerless and loving terrified of this runaway right wing freight train.

The only thing that will save "The West" or even the world is a complete dismantling and extinction of the right wing and any ability for it to gain power/influence.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

He’s just rubbing it in, Cheney probably cackled

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The sooner it is acknowledged the centrist and main Democrat party is part in parcel with the GOP for the sake of fundraising and business/oligarch interest vs making life better the better.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
There is no hope for America except maybe supreme dictator Bernie Sanders as a starting point and glorious Revolution

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Bananana posted:

But like......

What has this administration done to slow inflation?

With the stock market going down they’ll probably print another 3 trillion, flush it down the toilet to billionaires then blame people earning more for inflation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rappaport posted:

Just mimick that insane dormitory designed by some crack-pot billionaire who wanted "efficiency".

How long before someone cracks and murders everyone in their pod? It could be a game show!

He made a prison.