Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
It 0 pages for the new thread to devolve into the same posters as ever sniping at each other instead of discussing anything. That’s gotta be a new record.

Willa Rogers posted:

Who, Biden?

"We" (ie: some hapless soul) can primary him, but if he wants the nomination (and isn't talked out of running) then it's his, and the DNC, Congressional committees & state parties will line up behind him.

I think it's about 50-50 that Biden will stand for reelection; he's not getting any cognitively sharper, as time goes on, and those polls aren't dropping by themselves.

And the bench is pretty grim, anyway: Harris's approvals are even worse, and a alt-med legislative sponsor M4A advocate will be shut out before they begin to decide.

I could see a mushy (yet socially progressive) centrist like Polis possibly winning the nomination, but that's a stretch.
There is no way Biden voluntarily gives the top spot to anyone; all reports of him only serving one term turned out to be lanyards promising that based on nothing, and other current top Ds have made that same promise only to ignore it come re-election.

We’re dealing with geriatric white people here, giving up power and prestige is not an option to them.

Best bet to see anyone else is if he dies or ends up in a coma, at which point we get to see Harris lose by record-breaking numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Yawgmoft posted:

There is no way eggs under 2 dollars a dozen are not flavorless nutritionally void factory farmed eggs.

Why does that matter, exactly

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Nanomashoes posted:

Illinois is the most demographically average state in the country and also a solid blue stronghold where the machine still works so the party can pick whomever it wants. I see no reason why it shouldn’t be us.
Chicago elected Lori Lightfoot, and should not be trusted with any decision-making whatsoever. Same with Adams/NYC.

AmiYumi fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 16, 2022

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

All right, who put their bets on “the most obvious reason Cawthorne spontaneously accused the party of having secret sex parties he was not invited to and for sure not at”?

Sorry, I’m being told that everyone with rudimentary pattern recognition put their money on that one, so there’s not much of a payout.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

PT6A posted:

If you ever create a law that involves adults examining children’s genitals for anything other than a legitimate medical purpose in the least invasive way necessary, you’ve seriously, seriously hosed up.
That’s because the trans hatred is an excuse, and the reality is it’s a law to groom children to submit to an adult man touching their genitals.

It’s always projection. ALWAYS.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

ex post facho posted:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand...ingawful.com%2F

Given railing against the abuses of Saudia Arabia was fairly important in Biden's campaigning, what's the excuse for this?
…that Biden never believed in a single one of his campaign promises? How is this still a question, he couldn’t even keep to his one real promise of “nothing will fundamentally change”.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Oracle posted:

The school district police is entirely Latino.
I can't find any statistics or employment list for the city police dept but flipping through their facebook page (yikes) every cop pictured is Latino, and there are at least a dozen different people. Every cop mentioned by name in news stories has a Hispanic name. The higher ups (mayor etc) are white, but the beat cops appear to by and large not be. If you can find otherwise be my guest.
None of this is at all compelling evidence when the question is “did the pigs say horrific racist things (and also shot a lot of kids)

Unless your argument is that Whites have a superpower no other ethnic group possesses, and it’s the ability to say horrible poo poo about their own race