Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

blair cotrell has been impersonating shane warnes son and saying he died of vaccination lol

https://twitter.com/DanteFrancisci/status/1508030604725563397

e: how tthe gently caress he pronounces spruiking

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Scott Morrison has sensationally claimed he understands why Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars given he is also protective of wife Jenny.

so desperate

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

youre lost in a labyrinth. you come to a dead end with two doors, each with a guard. one guards wants to know how labor will pay for it, the other wants to know if women have penises. which do you choose?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Spookydonut posted:

What happens if scomo just doesn't call an election?

Also with the NSW seats they're fighting over, who actually has the final authority or ability to submit the candidates to the AEC?

at first of people would say "this cant happen there are rules against it soembody will do something" but when nobody does consensus would quickly coalesce around "actually its not a big deal and youre naive for thinking it is." it wont happen, not because rules or institutions would stop, it but because morrison doesnt have the guts to do it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: old news

this poo poo has been public knowledge forever but it only becomes newsworthy when some liberals who want morrison to go down hard want it published :rolleyes:

quote:

The two statutory declarations, signed in 2016 about events in 2007,

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

they're piranhas and they smell blood

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

van onselen plays his trap card

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

bondis gonna have to find a new gimmick

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

It might not be likely, but im pretty happy with an ALP/Greens coalition.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/labor-rules-out-fringe-deal-in-rebuff-to-greens-on-climate-20220207-p59uj9.html

Labor leader Anthony Albanese has ruled out negotiating with “fringe” parties to form government in a hung parliament after the Greens called for a temporary halt to new coal, gas and oil projects as a condition on any deal after the election.

“If we win government we will implement our plan, not negotiate with fringe groups,” Mr Albanese told Labor caucus colleagues on Monday in a rebuff to Greens leader Adam Bandt.

“If need be, is what they’re saying, that they will choose to keep Scott Morrison there, I won’t be negotiating or doing deals with the Greens after the election,” Mr Albanese told radio station 2GB.

“We have our own policies that we’re taking to the electorate. I am seeking a majority government.”

Asked by radio host Ben Fordham to confirm he would not negotiate with the Greens if the minor party held the one seat Labor needed to form government, Mr Albanese said: “Correct”.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

After the NSW court of appeal on Tuesday confirmed Morrison’s preferred candidates were valid, clearing the way for the federal election to be called, Morrison told the ABC he intervened in the process because “I’m asked all the time why won’t the prime minister do more about getting good women in parliament and stand up for the women in parliament”.

“I stood up for the women in my team,” the prime minister told the 7.30 program.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Where's this quoted from?

its from here

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Konomex posted:

All of this crap goes away if you just hit back with 'cis men can't carry babies'. Then you just stare at them.

nobody kn ows what cis means so the abc has some religo freak on to explain that cis is a slur

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

she whined about the term "right wing extremist" being offensive to conservatives to the chief of asio during senate estimates too. was also into blaming the country burning down on eco terrorists or something irrc. just a total facebook boomer

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The easiest way is to turn the tables and ask them to define what a "man" is. I've seen this done a few times, and it's very effective and I'll probably not do it justice here.

Anyway, you'll probably get a response something like "Well, I think it's pretty obvious." So, you say, "Then it shouldn't be hard for you to do it then."

At this point it goes in any of a couple of different ways:

Talking about penises - then you ask, "So, if a man lost his penis he'd no longer be a man?"

Testosterone - then you ask, "So, if a man lost his testicles he'd no longer be a man?"

Chromosomes - then you ask, "How do you reconcile Klinefelter's syndrome, Turner syndrome or even Y chromosome microdeletion? One in 20,000 people assigned male at birth have no Y chromosome, yet lead normal lives.

It's not up to us to justify people just trying to live their loving lives. It's up to the bigots to try and justify their small minded hate.

scoff. roll their eyes. turn to the audience, "get a load of this guy, everybody knows what a man is" instant win

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/barriecassidy/status/1512585825208262662

unironic yes to this. relatedly i remember greg jenett announcing his initial retirement from abc capitol hill years ago to go work for tony abbott though i cant find anything about that online now so maybe its a false memory

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lmao thats holly valance

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1512433356893528070

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

6 weeks of learning about the mystery man anothy albanese and his unknown labor party

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

scott morrison posted:

“I love this country and I love Australians.”

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

a roundabout way of saying the new premier of tasmania is the big spud in sassafras

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

After however long its been of having a prime minister who will straight up say poo poo like " i reject the premise of your question" and "i don't accept that" i think its refreshing to have a guy that will say "yes im a little piggy please spit on me" and I think the voters of australia feel the same

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

yeah. take that, america lovers????

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

“It was an interesting one, an awful one if you’re Anthony Albanese. He wants to be in charge of the country’s economy. It’s just a terrible look,” Stefanovic said.

Kehoe branded it “probably the worst start to an election campaign for a political leader in Australia in living memory”.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

abigserve posted:

eventually you make yourself such a small target they start bringing bigger guns and that's what this Numbah Blundah situation seems like to me

Just a few weeks ago scomo nearly blinded himself pretending to be a blue collar worker lmao
gonna combo it into asking albanese if he disavows his radical misogynist online fanbase

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...bb18337d523fe1c

quote:

Renowned ABC host Leigh Sales has deleted her Twitter account a week after interviewing Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

Sales has previously been vocal against online abuse, penning an article in late 2021 calling out online trolls, revealing she was being abused at an hourly rate on Twitter.

“It is non-stop, personal, often vile, frequently unhinged and regularly based on fabrications,” she wrote.

“It has the effect of an angry phone call from a politician magnified thousands of times over.

“Anyone who can stomach wading into mentions of @leighsales will find that virtually hourly, I am abused for doing my job, with a stream of tweets goading me to quit, demanding the ABC sack me, telling me I’m useless, stupid, biased and incompetent.”
https://twitter.com/PatsKarvelas/status/1513610850573053953
https://twitter.com/bairdjulia/status/1513706772430979075

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Waleed Aly UNLEASHES on Anthony Albanese in damning interview where he blasts his 'lack of competence' - as he clashes with Labor MP over '$300billion' spending bonanza
Mr Albanese referred to his lack of knowledge as 'a mistake' 15 times on Tuesday
Waleed Aly asked if it was 'not an error, but might reveal a lack of competence?'
Shadow Treasurer said government doesn't want to talk about the cost of living

PUBLISHED: 21:11 AEST, 12 April 2022

Waleed Aly has again unleashed on Labor leader Anthony Albanese for not knowing Australia's unemployment or cash rates, blasting his 'lack of competence'.

It was the second night running that the Project Host ripped into a Labor Shadow Minister over Mr Albanese's shocking gaffe on Monday.

Mr Albanese referred to his lack of knowledge as 'a mistake' 15 times during a press conference on Tuesday.

Aly asked Shadow Treasurer Jim Chalmers if he could see that Mr Albanese's gaffe might be 'not an error or a failure of memory, but it might reveal a lack of competence?'

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Rogue former Queensland LNP MP George Christensen has abandoned his plan to retire from ­parliament at the May 21 election and will run instead as a One ­Nation candidate. Which seat is not yet announced (he was in Dawson).

lmfao

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Voter who interrupted Anthony Albanese's press conference demands apology after ‘deeply offensive’ comments

A voter who interrupted one of Opposition leader Anthony Albanese’s press conferences in Perth last week has demanded the Labor leader apologise for his comments following the incident.

Speaking exclusively to Sky News Australia’s The Kenny Report host Chris Kenny, Mr Bernard revealed he had no connection to the truck which was organised by the political lobby group Advance Australia.

“I had no connection with Advance Australia, I didn’t know the truck, I didn’t know the truck driver, just zero connection,” he said.

Mr Bernard claimed he was not tied to any political party and has voted for both major parties as much as each other adding that the comments from the would-be prime minister called for an apology.

“It was deeply offensive to me, just deeply offensive and subsequently I found it really disturbing that a man who presents himself as a leader for Australia when something even slightly tough comes up just makes up a story and throws the people under the bus,” he said.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

woofbro posted:

Also, what’s the go with Scott Morrison having drinks with gallery journalists, is this normal?

probably lol poo poo sucks

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

It feels like Australia is slipping into some sort of one party state where the suppression from the media will always be enough to keep Labor away from office.

you might not like labors strategy of sitting quietly in the corner until the liberals get so fat and blatant they fall over by themselves but you have to admit it gets results

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

like a dog with a new toy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jumpsuit posted:

Leigh Sales with a straight face telling Adam Bandt that if the Greens tax billionaires more then they'll have less to donate to charitable causes

jfc it got worse

leigh sales posted:

and b, wouldnt their direct charitable spending be a more efficient and sort of i guess direct use of their resources than having it siphoned through government and then reallocated

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

"Only 5 minutes after the unemployment rate was released, Anthony Albanese was once again asked by a journalist what the unemployment rate was. "

wheres this from

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

what did barnaby do

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

shame, it would have been funny to see indignant journalists asking labor if they felt shame for implying morrisons very private and very real religiosity was political campaigning

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

imo the only questio mark left in this election is if somebody in labor or the labor party itself gets called a groomer before its over in which case i win $50

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

"first preference greens" is a cool twitter search term to find a lot of people who understand how the australian voting system works

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/AmyRemeikis/status/1515291119156097038

:agesilaus:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

this ones the funniest imo. passive voice peter principle

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

looking forward to hearin some more aobut numbers this week

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

angus taylors telling porkies again lol

Whats the name of the liberal candidate in Warringah?

deves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/abc_nuwus/status/1516336344766853121