Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It could do with some color but it's better than the tribal tattoo-rear end looking logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

That and, y'know, new branding for a new owner.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Nope but it wouldn't surprise me if something was coming soon-ish what with Gresham and TBE appearing on TV this week.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It seems to me like even if it's not imminent, TK feels good about the prospect since he's signing people to ROH-specific, long-term contracts.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Good, he's a perfect fit.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hell yeah that owns.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It's also important to remember that AEW doesn't do reruns and that even if it did, nobody would be getting paid residuals for it. The math is completely different for AEW than the programming Zaslav is setting on fire.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

Has TK or anyone else actually said that he's stretched thin? Is there any evidence of this at all? Because it sounds completely made up to me

The evidence is that he's running two promotions and working for both a football club and a football team. There are only so many hours in a day, even for the grotesquely wealthy.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

MJeff posted:

Tony Khan should book Ring of Honor because he's the best booker in the world and I want to see more wrestling television booked by him.

To be clear, my suggestion is that he limit himself to pro-wrestling and the Premiere League until he can focus purely on wrestling, which is clearly his truest love.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

Low Ki both Rules and sucks, the dichotomy of Kaval.

Inside of all of us there are two Low Kis? Lows Ki?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I watched the show on the Android app and then watched the main event on my computer and it remembered exactly where I left off, which I was not expecting. My big complaint with it now, having not messed around with the back catalogue yet, is that the player needs fast-forward and reverse capabilities because what the fucks is up with that?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Camping out in Orlando is one of the things I worry about long-term, are they going to be able to sustain good attendance and good audiences there? Touring doesn't really seem viable since there's so much overlap with AEW staff.

Unrelated to that, is Aussie Open just the most unremarkable, big name tag team? I've only seen their AEW/ROH stuff but I can't really tell you anything about them or their matches. They're not bad but they don't really do anything of note so the matches just kind of slide off of my memory.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Good episode but I am once again left to wonder why people keep letting Madison Rayne wrestle because she just is not good at it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

El Generico posted:

They mostly hired her as a coach, right? But could anybody be so bad at putting together a match that Madison Rayne could help them?

Yes and that's what I've been wondering this entire time. Like I get that there are sports wherein unremarkable players can become great coaches but from my, admittedly very limited, understanding of how pro-wrestling works I don't see how that translates.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

graph posted:

i said this when she was on the pandemic darks

I remember that she appeared once or twice but she did not make nearly the impression that she has here.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Oasx posted:

Dalton Castle was on AEW Unrestricted and confirmed that he has heat with Emi Sakura, about who is the biggest Queen fan.

Umm actually it was established that since they are operating off of different tracks that the real answer is a mixed tag team, which would own.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Jonny Nox posted:

Smart Mark saying "Antisethis" was funny to exactly one person. But I appreciated it a lot.

Was that a reference or just a flub? It was funny regardless but now I'm curious.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Action Martin vs the Kingdom is also a storyline but hopefully they start some new ones up.

ROH needs a real roster, even if it's still amorphously shared with AEW. The longer it exists as this vague entity, the harder it will be for it to be anything other than AEW-lite and it deserves more.

I hope Matt Taven called all those kids melvins.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

We absolutely need AEW Dark. We do not need AEW Dark: Elevation.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Barry Bluejeans posted:

- Did Dark Order get a new version of their theme?

A month or two ago, yeah. It's definitely an improvement but probably time for a fresh one instead of another iteration of the old one.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Angelico/Komander could be fun, I always like seeing the Renegades so love that, the Pure match is gonna gently caress I bet, the TV Title match is can't miss, but I think I'm most excited about Athena murdering Risk because I don't think she's that good and it will be very funny.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

What was the thing Athena called Posey that the desk reacted so strongly to?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Rarity posted:

What happened to the other Boy? :ohdear:

The Embassy put him in the hospital.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I wanted to make special mention of how good Lady Frost looked in her contest.

She's so loving cool, and she gave Alizee the office, also known as the iggy, which delighted me.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Claudio will toss Serp so high that he can grab onto the ceiling rafters and just wait out the time limit.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm down, yeah.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Defenestrategy posted:

Gringo loco and willie mack on paper should be extremely good.

I was sitting in front of a bunch of guys who had clearly never seen either of them and they were losing their loving minds, it was deeply satisfying. The whole show was really good.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pylons posted:

Trish Adora with The Infantry is nearly Acclaimed levels of TK Brain Genius.

As soon as she ran out it fell into place for me and I was instantly on board.

MassRafTer posted:

The crowd booing as Blake Christian tried to make a comeback on Big Bill and then chanting BILL as he killed him was great.

I haven't actually watched the recording yet to see how it sounded but if Bill had lost I think we would have rioted. I was shocked at how over he was but completely delighted by it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

He goes by =:A:= now

I appreciate this reference a lot.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Wait, which one is Matt Taven?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

They often shoot it so that you mostly just see ringside only.

They also move people down closer to the ring to fill seats.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Okkult posted:

I am in awe of the heroic resolve of Ryan Nemeth. He's the hero we need in these troubled times.

I was chanting "Thank you, Hunk."

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Allysin Kay is very bad.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Just watched this week's ROH. It was strange that after Vikingo got injured, the commentators just pretended like he wasn't in the match anymore.

I had vaguely remembered hearing that he had been injured and I was looking it up at the precise moment I reached that moment in the match. No wonder they were worried he had broken his hip that was the most low key but gnarly injury I think I've ever seen in wrestling.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Gravity has been pretty cool but nothing compared to his work as a Boy.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

graph posted:

ppa owns and i wish hed get more time

Thank you.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

He hit a gear he rarely does in that match, he's not usually that fast but something about that really kicked him up and he should really keep his game there.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Yeah, Athena has always been great, and Billie has progressed so much during this story.

Lexi too. She's had a really good year all around but she has added so much to this story, her backing Athena up in that last promo (pre-graduation) and then her valedictorial performance had me cackling.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pylons posted:

They finally uploaded it so I'm catching up. I really like Marshall but goddamn Ross is just not good.

They seem like they can do the moves well but don't really know how to have a wrestling match (or find the hard camera.) Dalton Castle is right though, he should be on every TV in the world, he's a goddamn treasure.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Lexy deserves a medal for not corpsing during the Dalton interview

She's just so good, her send off after the Taya and Johnny interview was perfect, as are all her interactions with Athena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pylons posted:

Griff and Cole's stupid gimmick continues to amuse me.

It's really the perfect use for both of them. Great ep this week all around, I really wish ROH would stick to 60-90 minutes, that's the perfect runtime for wrestling.