Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
a very good show but as a newer roh viewer I think they could have booked the pure wrestling match a little better in terms of playing with the unique rules in the match a little more.. also the 20 count didn't really factor in all night. the commentary did mention that stuff a lot but I thought they could have done a better job highlighting some of that stuff in the match layouts, especially since there were probably a lot of new eyeballs on roh for the first time.

otherwise fantastic show imo very very enjoyable. really hope to see the briscoes more in aew or roh they're amazing. this is the first time I've ever seen them and I really enjoy their stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

Admittedly I didn't watch much ROH toward the end, I was more into them during the Danielson/Joe/Punk era. But I'd tune in every so often to their free weekly show since Fite posts them, and mostly to follow luchadores I liked like Horus and Flamita. So my curiosity now is mostly what the ROH roster's going to look like once the dust settles and all the ink dries - who comes back and who's gone elsewhere. This was by all accounts a hastily booked card because it had to be, so a lot of the appearances are probably one-offs. Once they get a regular TV deal and have a full roster, I wonder whether it'll still feel like ROH, or something different entirely.

well I think tony is a huge ROH fan in general, so while probably the roster will be fairly different I just assume he'll keep many of the traditions and style that the original ROH had. probably making some changes as he likes but keeping the core idea of what ROH has always been intact. that's my guess anyway.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

edogawa rando posted:

Is starting off a PPV a bad thing? When you look at Tony Khan's booking, he's more often than not started the show with a fairly big match.

It’s a little unconventional to have the world title first for sure but having Claudio win and the celebration as the kick off of the show I think worked pretty well. It was a positive vibe to get things going, so I think it was good for the flow even if unusual

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

1glitch0 posted:

Vegas is the west coast. And yeah 3pm eastern is noon pacific.

On the west (best) coast I'll like a nooner ppv.

I think it's at 4pm eastern.. 3 central

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

fez_machine posted:

much better atmosphere and feel than the old Universal Darks

Looked like there’s more seating too, crowd looked a bit bigger

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I really enjoyed that! Some sick matches, good quick interviews and packages and a nice set up for future eps/hyping up next show.

Aside from a couple of dark-esque matches, it certainly felt different than aew imo. Especially thanks to the camera work which I loved. Cool angles, close angles and best of all longer cuts showing the whole move/impact rather than too many cuts breaking everything within the move. Gave it it's own feel and reminded me a little of how new japan shoots their stuff, which I very much enjoy and prefer.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

What they need is to figure out if the Trustbusters are part of Sterling's unit or not. Isn't Ari in both?

I think sterling is also ari’s lawyer. The varsity athletes and trustbusters team up at times with this connection.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Tato posted:

The Trustbusters music is perfect, makes me laugh to hear it. Only thing that could make it better is adding a bunch of annoying "OH YEAAAAAAAAAH!"s like the Entourage theme.

It really is the perfect theme for a lower-mid card faction. Kinda annoying but easily recognizable

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Yea! Looking forward to Thursday night wrasslin

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Seeing Athena become this ruthless monster makes me want to see how she'd do in a lights out match. I bet she'd loving rule.

That was a really awesome main event. I enjoyed the entire show too.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I’m enjoying the variety of tv or ppv quality matches coupled with dark-like matches broken up with short promos and packages all in the same ep. Has a pretty good flow to it

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I dunno how it works and am curious, how many hours is a taping? how many shows do they film in one session? do they do half a taping for one crowd and then do half for another crowd?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Yea she may have a good mind for the sport and how to lay out a match and even the correct way to do things but just physically is not at the level to execute the moves herself at the level others can. It’s entirely possible she’s an excellent coach but subpar performer

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Lady Frost is a star imo. I wanna see more Lady Frost!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

itsnews posted:

Would be fantastic. Would love to see how he and Riccaboni would interact, too.

I swear he's been on elevation with those two at least once or twice. I seem to remember they had good chemistry... unless he wasn't on at all and my memory is an rear end in a top hat. possible.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

bartok posted:

Athena is the best

She’s really good. That main with skye was also really good.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
excellent show. three hours flew by.. not a bad match or segment. women's division seems really good with a lot of rising contenders. I like the stu storyline. samoa joe and zsj stuff was really fun.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Bonk posted:

I feel like not enough people are acknowledging Dalton Castle's wonderful farmers market rant. :allears:

I'M GONNA GET ALL SORTS OF FANCY JAMS

I wanted him to win and then for him to have a video package the next show where he goes on a shopping spree with the boys, at a farmers market with his winnings

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Really good roh.

They usually have some great matches every week but now that there are more continuous storylines week to week, I’m finding it even more enjoyable.

The Athena stuff is so good. What a run so far

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

itsnews posted:

But did he consider that I want him to come back here.

I don’t think he did no, sadly.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I really enjoy how much fun everyone seems to be having on roh. Like all the backstage interviews you can tell people are having a good time.. really laid back energy to it.

It's a bummer seeing so many empty seats thou. I understand why they tape it when they do, but I liked the orlando studios set up a lot more. Felt like the crowds were actually invested there.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

I guess because they literally were. They bought tickets to ROH, not Collision feat. ROH

exactly. I think the roh wrestlers deserve a better crowd.

I suppose they get that for their ppvs but still.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
the dalton john tv story is my favourite storyline in wrestling right now lol perfect execution on a fun idea

I also love seeing them give nyla more time to show her personality. she's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Can't seem to watch any videos on ROH right now. I get this message:

"An error occurred when trying to play this video.

The media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the media used features your browser did not support."

I was able to watch fine last week and my browser is up to date so I'm not sure why there's a problem now. Any one else have this issue? Or have heard about it?