Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Absolute banger of a PPV, if you didn't get to see it, I'm going to guess they'll put it up for view in ROH's Honor Club. It cost me $10 and I was able to watch it live and it was more than worth that price. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Gresham just said he wants to wrestle Punk and Danielson :hellyeah:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I saw a tweet that said something like "Tony Khan booked himself against himself on Friday night and he STILL won both shows"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
It's only been one night but pairing Cage with Tully Blanchard in ROH just seems like a very natural fit. Very interested to see what Tully's Beef Experience does next.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm almost literally salivating thinking about all the cool poo poo Tony's gonna be able to do now that he owns both RoH and AEW. Not use RoH like a farm league or anything, but a secondary show with its own vibe, having people drift between the two shows and giving time to people who might not currently get the spotlight on AEW shows.

That's exactly how I feel as well: keep ROH as its' own thing with some crossover here and there, and put some veterans in there with some newer prospects that might have outgrown Dark or Elevation but still need a little more seasoning before being moved to the main AEW roster.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Bard Maddox posted:

this show just proves that wrestling is so easy when you don’t overcomplicate things and just let talented people do their talented job

long live ROH

It always makes me laugh when I peek in the bad takes thread and see the usual claims about "you have to have constant goofy gimmicks and dumb storylines and backstage skits that insult people's intelligence all over your show, like what WWE does, otherwise wrestling is boring without them and you can't hook in THE CASUALS :worship:"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Chris James 2 posted:

Only ones I want now are Chris Hero and Cesaro

I never got to see them when they were a team, so I'd definitely be happy if they got to team up again in TK's ROH.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

flatluigi posted:

again, nobody's contracted for any more ROH shows currently because there are no more ROH shows currently lol

the most you can conjecture about is who's likely to show up again, and out of all the people not already signed to AEW i think the briscoes are at the top of the list right after gresham

I think Gresham is signed, he certainly was talking like he was signed during the media scrum, saying that he wants to wrestle Danielson and Punk.

As far as the Briscoes go I think it depends if TK gets a deal for ROH on a non-Time Warner network or not, given that there was supposedly an executive that objected to them appearing in AEW during the buildup to the match with FTR because of Jay's old tweets. Obviously time will tell of course.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pretty sure anyone “signed” is signed with AEW and they’ll just be used by ROH.

Well yeah, that's what I meant :)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Venomous posted:

also, ROH only really entered its first death spiral after they buggered up their half of the Madison Square Garden show

they were doing fine before it

That was the one where Bully Ray basically tanked ROH's relationship with New Japan for the sake of his beloved "heat", right? It's good that he's basically been reduced to the Cornette level of "doing podcasts because nobody with any sense will give them a job these days".

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i will only miss gresham a little bit

I choose to imagine the conversation was like something out of a poorly scripted comedy, where TK kept inadvertently making comments that Gresham took as insults about his height, but TK was completely unaware of what he had just said or why Gresham was getting madder and madder about it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
The "forums consensus" about Swole was largely "wow Tony's being a bit of an rear end in a top hat here" when he made his initial tweet about letting Swole go because he thought she sucked at wrestling, only for it to come out that Swole was mad that Jade Cargill was viewed as far more marketable than her and that Swole felt she should have gotten the level of push Jade got. And even with that knowledge, Swole has her defenders and detractors here, so claiming there's a "forums consensus" that Swole Was Always Bad is disingenuous to say the least.

I don't care about Gresham one way or the other, if he and TK cool down and smooth things out, great. If he quits or gets fired or whatever, oh well.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Crossposting this from the AEW thread where I first saw the news about Jay Briscoe.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Very sad news about Jay Briscoe, I didn't get into ROH until like around 2011 or so but him and Mark were always one of the most entertaining parts of any ROH show I watched. The match they had against GoD at MSG and the matches they had against FTR are literally some of the best pro wrestling tag team matches I've seen, bar none.

Posting one of the greatest Briscoe Brothers promos of all time in his memory. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELOn2amIn_w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fingers crossed for the pair of them, physiotherapy is horrible.

Was there ever any reason given for why the other driver swerved into the wrong lane?

I don't believe so, no. It's possible that we may never know what actually happened.