Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i am so hype to nolife this game until it inevitably dies/the meta becomes insufferable in 2-3 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That trailer hurt my eyes to watch but it was hype as hell

The sazabi launch sequence got me wondering if they're gonna do any space maps/game modes

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

When are we getting wing representation

I wanna play as tallgeese

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

being an rear end in a top hat in the assimar is fun

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

turn a is a very real threat when it used to just be kind of a joke. the stun on that judo throw is really long and it pisses me off

meanwhile barbatos still seems kinda nuts

i love the asshimar playstyle of "just be the biggest dickweasel." zipping around behind enemy lines harassing them feels dumb but very fun

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

no those are the fun part of the game (and a good place to put dom mines)

any robot can just step back for 10 seconds to regen to full anyway

I'm so glad all of the non-healthpack healing in this game is so garbage, really helps it avoid the stuff that turned me off of overwatch. Units can die, and if they try not to you usually know exactly where they're headed

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 22, 2022

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i've stopped playing the methuss because every time i do i almost immediately fall into flying into the enemy backline to pull asshimar-esque bullshit, which is funny, but then i could just play asshimar, and now my team isn't getting my lovely tether heal and my ult is useless

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

if they were gonna add dub actors they'd definitely go with the ones for the recent versions of the characters. the person who did char in the origin movies etc.

which is not to say that the return of Michael Kopsa's char wouldn't make me instantly spend money on this game

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Vizuyos posted:

It's more meant to evoke mid-to-late WWII, when the Nazi higher-ups saw the tide turning against them and were getting increasingly obsessed with inventing high-tech superweapons that would bring back their early-war dominance.

Some of them were actually effective enough in combat to be worth it (most weren't), but by then Nazi industry and infrastructure were far too strained by the demands of war to introduce new models in meaningful numbers, and the factories and development centers were seriously threatened by advancing Allied troops, so many of these projects never made it beyond the prototype phase. You really could find a bunch of prototype tanks and fighters scattered around the German countryside if you knew where to look, though usually the scientists and test pilots just ran away instead of dragging the prototypes into last-ditch battles like you'd see in Gundam.

I believe the military industrial complex here is Anaheim electronics/every mobile suit manufacturer in any show that isn't set during the one year war

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Zaku is the scout from tf2 and I love it for that

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress i want that animation that rules

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the turn a is so loving threatening to be anywhere near as any of the mobile back-line harassment robots, but lmao does playing as the turn a make it feel like a garbage robot

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i've been having a lot of fun with it all day and have run into none of these issues. i wish people were being more lively in chat

"the streamers have ruined this day one" is a weird take regardless though i think

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

In a month from now I'm going to love and cherish my memories of these early days before anyone is aware of the concept of trickling or grouping up

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i've had an awful lot of matches start as a blowout against one side, get reversed in the next round, and then have a fairly close overtime

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

As far as I'm aware the smoke grenade just disables all non-movement actions. It's like instant use bonk atomic soda (except you still can't reload).

I use it either as I'm dashing away (can not break line of sight immediately) or shortly after expending all my dashes so I can regen the dash meter. Also of course baiting out barbatos stuns, the barbatos is suddenly a lot less threatening once it doesn't have that, I think it's significantly slower than it used to be? Iirc in the dev diary they said they reduced its dash distance or something, I can definitely feel it when playing barbatos.

What I have not found a use for is the loving zaku grenade. Best thing seems to be throwing it at someone immediately before shooting them in the back so the little bit of damage maybe helps you 100->0 them but it doesn't contribute much.

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 23, 2022

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Similarly the long range pickup is completely useless, until the other team decides they don't care about finishing anyone off, then you're invaluable

Even before that it forces them to either kill you immediately or immediately expend their ammo on the downed bodies, which is bullets in their clip they don't get to shoot at anyone useful. Zaku and sazabi especially it really hurts to get the extra reload forced.

I wanna unlock the mahiroo it looks fun

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Doesn't the grenade stun now? I had to use Zaku for a daily a little while ago and I constantly forgot I even had the smoke grenade (Which, on reflection, would explain why I never realized it disabled your actions) but I threw the hand grenade at everyone, it was great for bonking Barbatos just long enough for me to get in and blast him in the soft vulnerable underside.

it seems to be a micro-stun that i can't find any real use for. theoretically good for interrupting a channeled ability or something but there isn't very many/any of those? the disorientation of the micro-knockback seems to be more impactful, and that is not very much

i have yet to throw the grenade at anyone and find it to have done anything that just shooting them wouldn't have. the smoke grenade, meanwhile, should be used any time someone looks at your paper mache body

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

after having my shield dropped when getting stunned while playing sazabi i tried testing that out, but if it makes them drop their shield either i'm completely missing what i think are hits or they can just put their shield back up after the .1 second stun ends. i don't believe it depletes a shield to 0 hp or anything

maybe against rx-78's shield? i feel like i've tried that but may need to be on the watch for it

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

much like the tf2 sniper the GM sniper is hilariously easy pickings for any zaku, barbatos, asshimar, or presumably exia. mobility is so powerful in this game i wouldn't be entirely shocked if it ends up not being in meta, but also with the way people currently play it's hard to make judgements about how the game will work once everyone is grouping up and making coordinated pushes. might be a lot harder once people start actually screening for the sniper

i predict zaku will suddenly become a lot less useful once the early day uncoordinated honeymoon wears off though. i think turn a will be good as a hard counter to the more close ranged robots but not a core pick because it's otherwise kind of mediocre

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 23, 2022

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

yeah but there's so much space in these maps and mobility is so high idk if a high skill asshimar or zaku won't be able to just dash behind and ruin a sniper's lunch anyway, or punch through a screen to divebomb the sniper before anyone can stop them. there's a reasonable amount of aoes for punishing the kind of tight groups that would make that especially difficult and the asshimar gets one of the better ones

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i really want to know how asshimar shakes out once everyone is trained to look up every once in a while

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i would like to know what i need to do to get more lootboxes outside of the beginner challenges and the occasional pity tickets the game throws out

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

What is the green resource?

you get it when a lootbox gives you something you already own, you use it to buy poo poo without spending real money

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

if i hoard enough green poo poo i will finally get the haro avatar i crave

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

wait until they start selling currency tonight and then buy them

i might spend money on new units or the battlepass but i ain't a gambling addict

dogstile posted:

They just gets a dedicated peeler.

That's the fun with these, it'll have an ebb and flow. If the peeling isn't enough the comp will change.

sure, i'm just not sure how the ebb and flow will play out once skill is higher. if peeling for the sniper is too difficult it may be more optimal to just forgo the sniper and have a unit that doesn't need to be babysat constantly

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

dogstile posted:

Also depends on the sniper because good snipers can and will flick headshot people diving them. Even if they trade, being in the backline isn't really a trade with the anyone can rez thing.

Horrible memories of overwatch league coming back. I'm really interested if Barbatos gets a spot, personally.

eh, just means the dive has to be good enough to kill the body too, which isn't that much more of a barrier (helps guarantees that the diver can't succeed and also get away though). may prove to be enough to make diving not worth it - though also barbatos gets to sidestep that issue entirely too

i don't want to get my hopes up but honest i'm kind of excited about this game, i feel like every mechanical difference from overwatch is a big improvement that directly addresses the big things i disliked about overwatch.

i do wish stuns weren't as prevalent though - i feel like they were less common in the network test?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

dogstile posted:

On a different note, is ranked working for anyone? I can't find a game.

i haven't quite been able to play enough to get into ranked, which i bet is a problem even if the system is working well - there's probably not a terirbly large pool of players that's above level 20 yet. maybe tomorrow will be different? definitely post weekend unless there's a big technical issue with ranked

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I'll be pretty shocked if the meta doesn't demand a sazabi on both teams every match ngl. Just on a basic level no other suit provides that kind of beef to your team - only the gm comes close and there's a lot more ways to quickly kill it. With the high mobility and lethality of the game having robot that can step on the point and say "I'm not getting off here until you kill all my buddies first or every member of your team shoots at me at once" is both unique and valuable

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

If you were to add one suit from each series you have seen, what would you pick.

where's my zakrello when do they put in the meme robot

acguy would also be an excellent pick

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i want mandala gundam in this game

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the melee zaku should've been bernie's zaku and it should've had an ability using the blow up santa decoy

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ok jokes aside maxter gundam would rule

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what’s the best suit to counter a troublesome Zaku II

any suit can do it as long as they can look at the zaku. zakus are extremely allergic to bullets, or light breezes

turn a's judo throw fucks them up real bad if you can land it. any stun really - rx-78 i find is hard to handle between shield and the thrown stun and a long ranged high damage gun

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Vizuyos posted:

speaking of goofy, WaDs from Turn A. gimme those shorties scurrying around shooting out everyone's kneecaps

i would hate trying to fight the micro-robots so much but it would be real funny

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

Add the WODOM and have its G Maneuver airdrop a huge cluster of those little fucks in to harass everyone :getin:

Alternately add the WaD itself but have it work like Murkey in HotS did where you can respawn super fast and place a spawn area further up field but die to a stiff breeze.

wadom's g maneuver is its giant fuckoff cannon, there's no way there can be any argument to the contrary

the wads should totally be an ability though

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

Shining/Burning/God Gundam and whenever you ult it does Domon’s entire battle cry + everyone has to watch Fuunsaiki suit up

no

the new robot is just fuunsaiki

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

honestly put every g gundam robot on a roulette and spin it i'm probably happy with the result

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

To be fair the time before the body just blows itself up is not generous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

so there's maintenance ongoing or something? the website news says it's already done but i'm still getting an error message when i try to play