Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also, as I like to point out, forcing trans women to compete as men also means forcing trans men to compete as women. Now obviously that's not going to matter to the dyed in the wool actively hateful transphobes, because a) trans men don't exist to them and b) their ultimate goal is for all trans people to stop existing. But it can be useful to convince the stupid squishy centrists who are sympathetic to trans people but "well, you know, I have some concerns about fairness". It's what convinced me to drop that poo poo, so it's worked at least once :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Internaut! posted:

Don't forget muscle mass to go along with that huge skeleton.

After all the only reason anyone's even talking about MTF trans women playing women's sports is that we're seeing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again how absolutely middling male athletes transition as fully grown adults, and then utterly dominate women's sport.

If being born male made so little difference, as is being so passionately argued by some ITT, if you're ranked 5,000 in the world as a man playing a men's sport (e.g. men's weightlifting, men's soccer, men's biathlon or whatever) and you transition to a woman, you should end up roughly ranked 5,000 in the world as a woman. That is FAR from what's happening.

This post is a lie. Just a straight up bald faced lie. I'm not even going to entertain the possibility that it could be true by asking for evidence to prove your lies. You might as well be saying that the sky is green or vaccines cause autism.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Koos Group posted:

As a reminder, even when engaging with fraught topics or arguments that seem self-evidently wrong, rules of rigor and good argumentation still apply.

Can I make a suggestion? I understand that proper debate conduct is important here, but can we set the standard that people should be forthright with their evidence for extraordinary claims such as this? Rather than play this game where everyone responds to them asking for evidence, thus lending legitimacy to the outrageous claim. Especially when it's a claim that propagates harmful myths about vulnerable groups of people.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. Nobody should have to assume someone is arguing in good faith when they're blatantly lying, and nobody should have to stay silent or polite in the face of blatant bigotry.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Koos Group posted:

Wanted to give him the opportunity

This is the problem koos. Everyone knew this was coming, they could see it from their first post. Instead the OP was given the opportunity to repeat things that are both untrue and hateful. And in the interim, a completely separate transphobe was given the opportunity to do the same thing AND start harassing people. I get that you don't want to have to moderate positions, but there absolutely needs to be an exception for bigotry, no matter how politely and reasonably it's worded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hypothetically, could someone make a post arguing that the cranial capacity of black people made them suited for a life of servitude, as long as it was well reasoned and cited scholarly work? Would posters be expected to engage with them in good faith or choose to ignore them? Where is the line drawn if at all? The posts about trans people having HUGE SKELETONS that make them able to dominate sports aren't that much different.