Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Colonel Cool posted:

Checking the post under it...

If the very next post didn't seem to cover what they were saying pehaps go to the literal next one since they said "posts"

woozy pawsies posted:

except you should probably read the full text.

There is very little to no research on trans athletes

Oh hey, there it is!

But as you and those posts both talk about there is a significant lack of data to say that there's is an advantage or not for transitioning athletes which is why posts like

Colonel Cool posted:

If the bar for being a blatantly transphobic rear end in a top hat is "thinks that it is reasonably plausible that trans women might come to be disproportionally represented in elite level women's sports"

It's not particularly reasonable to think that, it's built almost entirely out of a gut reaction to the events that what little data we have doesn't really show to pan out. Which is why people say it's a transphobic reaction because it's...an emotional response to exclude trans people based on no evidence but an assumption that they don't belong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Koos Group posted:

If you're referring to BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress, they were just probated for bad faith.

Very dense response and missing the entire point of their complaint and also incredibly tone deaf to....Basically everything said in this thread. I don't think someone speaking of CCs consistent return to a hand wringing hypothetical about trans women dominating sports, something already proven to not be happening for the decades trans women have been playing in these sports and something adequately responded to the first 5 times he brought it back up really cares that you dinged another person making similarly lovely arguments not for bigotry but for decorum.

It makes it seem like you don't care about the bigotry at all. Which were the complaints posted throughout the thread.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 17, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Sorry to step on toes here. While I don't think you are arguing out of bad faith, I do think you are a bigot. You gave the game away when you said sports were divided by sex. Anyone approaching this subject from a non bigot rear end in a top hat perspective knows that sex and gender are not the same. Sports are divided by gender at this point. Your hypotheticals are horse poo poo and you continue to ignore points that go against your hypotheticals. I don't want to see your face in this thread anymore.

Edit: I'm talking about the colonel.

Yeah I think he probably does genuinely believe and worry about what he says but the issue is what he is stating and worrying about had no basis in any evidence we have from formal data or the history of sports over the last few decades as I said in response to him last night. Instead it is based entirely off of a general unease and worry about trans women wrapped up in the guise of defending cis women when it's just an emotional gut response hes trying to justify with hypotheticals. That drive to justify that in the face of any sound logic and debate is just bigotry.

And the fact that you didn't hit him for it after someone brought up this up and responded to his hypothetical as the flimsy attempt to reshape history and data the second time he tried to run out that argument is kind of pathetic. His claims were baseless, and the kind of bigotry that it is attempting to cloak does not have a place in any debate or discussion.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 17, 2022