Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jaxyon posted:

Also a lot of women's divisions exist because women were beating men when it was combined.

Olympic biathlon is a recent example.

which other sports were dominated by women before gender divisions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
E: oops , not up to date on acceptable language troon

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 8, 2022

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'll cop to being ignorant but threads like this are good bc reading more knowledgeable posters helps me understand the logic behind letting trans folks compete without restrictions. It's nice to hear some of the rebuttals to the common arguments from transphobe crowds.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a story that's been circulating over the last few days:

https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-wor...ild-baby-female

quote:

UNION TOWNSHIP, N.J. (TND) — Two inmates who are serving sentences within New Jersey's only all-women prison are reportedly pregnant after they had sex with transgender inmates.

The New Jersey Department of Corrections told NJ.com that two inmates at the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility became pregnant after having “consensual sexual relationships with another incarcerated person."

The identities of the two pregnant inmates were not disclosed. It also remains unclear if the two pregnant inmates had sex with the same transgender inmate, or with different transgender inmates.

The prison houses over 800 women, according to DailyMail.com, and 27 inmates at the prison are transgender. The prison reportedly does not require transgender inmates to have undergone gender reassignment surgery to be housed there.

New Jersey enacted a policy in 2021 which allows prisoners to be placed in facilities in accordance with the gender identity of their own preference, according to the New York Post. Inmates can provide their gender identity preference at any time during their incarceration, according to the policy.

That policy reportedly came after a transgender woman, who was supported by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of New Jersey, successfully won a settlement in their civil rights lawsuit against the state after she was forced to reside in a men's prison for 18 months.

However, according to DailyMail.com, two prisoners at Edna Mahan took it upon themselves in 2021 to file a lawsuit seeking the policy's removal. Those women reportedly claimed at the time that transgender inmates were having sexual relations with cisgender inmates.

A union that represents correctional officers at Edna Mahan reportedly decried the policy, calling it "detrimental."

Problems with mass incarceration aside, how should something like this be handled? Should transgender individuals be housed w their identified gender?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ash Crimson posted:

So the solution is to what exactly? House trans people in separate wings as if they're akin to sex offenders?

I have no clue, that's why I'm asking. Seems like there's three options:

a) house w gender assigned at birth
b) house w identified gender
c) house in separate facilities

b) is the obvious one but making babies in prison isn't good and i don't think the complaints from female inmates should be dismissed out of hand either.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Who cares? I don't see the issue here

you don't see an issue w prisoners reproducing while incarcerated? Ok that's certainly a take

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

good on NJ for respecting prisoners' gender identities though

What do you see as the problem and what do you think should be done about it? And how is the answer to those two questions not a violation of civil rights nor also something leading to hugely more government control over women's reproductive systems?

I don't know what the solution is, I know little about gender studies, that's why I'm asking folks w more knowledge and experience. Housing trans folks in separate facilities seems like the least-messy solutiom

Do you think prisons should be separated by gender?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I don't understand the analogy. Could you please be more direct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

idk i think you should go read up on poo poo on your own rather than asking dumbass questions here because all of your posts so far sound stupid as gently caress and have nothing to do with the thread topic. The obvious solution is just give prisoners piles of contraceptives because you will never, ever stop prisoners from loving

you can just say "i have no clue" instead of resorting to insults

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)