Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I voted Empty Suit because it has a couple mechs I like and I dig the Drakes in general.

Also Free Trader's in the lead, and I like to vote for runner-ups to keep them in contention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Volmarias posted:

- Cyan
- Yellow
- Magenta

Each kill tally mark done in Black :unsmigghh:

This, but only if it's also dazzle camo. Who cares if it's all done by computer lock-on, making it difficult to look at your mech is still technically a tactical advantage.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Half the mechs get one and half get the other, with zero association to what lance they end up in. The mercenaries can spin a story about how these were the custom paintjobs of sadly departed founders Hayard and Gunnes, respectively, who held equal stakes in the company and refused to back down on the issue until both of them died tragically and simultaneously in battle, leaving the issue permanently unsolved.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

El Spamo posted:

Hiring the warriors doesn't cost anything?
Honestly, I can't make heads or tails what the stats mean. 3 is better than 4, but there are soft attributes as well? So like, what's better the 3 skill pilot who's drunk, ornery, and an ex-con or the 4 skill pilot who's friendly, is a team player, and knows first aid? It's hunting for the trap options, but I don't really believe that PTN would put in honest-to-god trap options so I don't know what I should be looking for or caring about.

Bounced right off.

Like, I'd almost rather the poll be 'hire no-one, hire half, hire everyone' and then randomly roll who you get afterwards because I get the feeling that in the long run the stats don't matter when hiring. I just clicked 'hire' to all the warriors because we need bodies and that's all that matters.

Yeah I gotta be honest I can't parse any of it either so I'm just gonna skip these votes.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
What exactly is a "Premium" contract and what do the number of stars mean, does that mean anything beyond bigger potential rewards or rolls for rewards? Is it difficulty, odds of getting screwed by the employer? Like, why would we take the Assassinate contract for less reward and worse salvage?

Also what's remuneration, is it pay for friendlies that die?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

One of the things I really love about Alpha Strike is how much mobility it encourages over the base game.

Is it just the removal of turning MP costs, or is there other stuff that's not so obvious?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Oh, I see, I misunderstood the move mod table in the quickstart rules, but now that I look at it again I see the "inches actually moved by the unit are irrelevant" rule hiding down there at the bottom in 2-point font. That's a good rule, yeah.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Did the new "business partner" just say that they're going to be able to edit and distribute ROMs such that it isn't clear who scored kills on what, because that sounds like a great way to get implicated in things you didn't do.

Ehh, it'll be fine.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Is there ever a reason not to pick up salvage when you're already on it? Does it occupy your hands or something?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I'm voting for the Kontio on the only grounds that truly matter: it looks cool and will punch people

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

TheParadigm posted:

Can it make landings not in an airport?

I mean, you can land anything anywhere once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
The action plan stuff is painful because, at least personally, I don't want to do homework. There's like 8 different actions, a continuously growing company's worth of personnel with abilities, fatigue and injuries to track, two separate currencies, all the mechs and vehicles we already have, and all the mechs and vehicles that are for sale. And that's not even factoring in custom orders which require actual game knowledge beyond what's presented. How many missions have we actually done and already we're worrying about which C3i mechs and custom designs we can add to what we already have? And then factor in that, to me, Alpha Strike cards are flavorless blobs of pips, numbers and acronyms that all blend into each other... yeah, I'm just going to pop in and vote A on every poll I see.