Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

homebuilding in the us collapsed in the 80s and never recovered and now it cost half a million dollars to buy a house in minneapolis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

19 o'clock posted:

I can’t justify a bike that nice, though.

yeah but imagine the size of your calves after about a year

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Lacrosse posted:

My loan officer was actively talking me out of 20% down. They kept insisting on 3.5% because the PMI would be so low it'd be better to save the rest of the down-payment for something else.

because they probably get paid a percent of how big the loan is. less down, bigger payday.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

bi crimes posted:

I've never heard anything about Pittsburgh in my life or from anyone I have worked with and now I'm hearing about it constantly

welcome to c-smap bicth

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

also buying and just buying a new house a few years later

its like renting but worse! destroy any built up equity as you climb the housing ladder! pile up that debt!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

now the life insurance money will go towards my down payment but uhhhh even in my midsize midwestern city, the modest houses are now $300k instead of ~$175k. at least staying in the city proper is cheaper because of white flight, I guess? idk

it sucks poo poo. while I have the down payment covered neither I nor my new partner makes enough money to feel comfortable with a $2k mortgage payment so I guess we'll just be stuck in my apartment for another couple years until something crashes or corrects

:d2a:

yeah. a lot of the “affordable” cities on that list have seen single family houses go from the mid 100s to 300k in the past decade. its really the last gasp of housing affordability anywhere before even those prices enter the stratosphere

Crusty Nutsack posted:

then he died instead! lol
:hmmyes: livin the dream :hmmyes:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

I used to get texts and calls asking if I was interested in selling my house, but they were calling me by my stepdad's name and trying to offer to buy my parents house lol

i keep getting them for the 2 unit row home i rented when i first moved to philly

which i havent lived at for 6 years now

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

but it looks almost the same

scandinavian design is a fancy term for “how ikea stuff looks”

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

euphronius posted:

this isn’r online but lol

lmao of course its the main line

the best part about the philly burbs is the heavy mix of dwelling types and actual transit. i bet this dude has opinions about the kop rail extension

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hell yeah

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Theres that crazy libertarian island off norway where there are no laws, Skalbard or whatever. Maybe they need gentrification.

naw they have laws in england it just normally looks like that

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Mattavist posted:

I like the part where Josh Bianchi, 30, spent years applying to affordable housing lotteries while cycling through Craigslist rentals. This winter, he found his golden ticket.

Philly is finally opening up 150 public housing units in the summer, which will help clear out our waiting list of merely 30000 people waiting for public housing

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

wolfs posted:

do any of you know how to file lawsuits against phone spammers where you get a paid settlement instead of going to court

it’s like a micro genre of video on tiktok but the guys who talk about it on tiktok want you to buy a course

seems like a great way to end up committing suicide by shooting yourself three times in the face while zipped up in a duffelbag that you flung off a bridge

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mark immune posted:

the house I bought last year @ 145k has a zestimate of 190k now lol that can't possibly be right

it probably isn't that number is hella made up.

i think they baseline add 45k to any sale price for the zestimate

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

synapse posted:

yeah same here lmao. the Zillow estimate also knocked off the PMI

look its an algorithm it cant be wrong

regardless grats lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

It’s kinda confusing but this makes me think you could get prosecuted:
https://www.justice.gov/criminal-ceos/obscenity

Maybe a lawyer goon can chime in, I’d love to hear that I’m wrong and that I can send Goatse to unsolicited texts

fortunately these poor suckers who spent way too much on a "how to make millions in real estate" class at the holiday inn are all sending texts from the same state :goatsecx::phoneline::phone:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

when i moved out of ohio i sent my landlord a registered letter asking for my deposit back (at that point if he didnt get the itemized list to me in 30 days they owed the entire deposit back) he sent me a check with a note saying i left the place a mess with a lot of repairs needed (i didnt) bit he decided to be generous and give me the entire amount back

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

look you get access to our state of the art swimming pool! it should be repaired and ready by the end of august, if not we swear it'll be open again next summer

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

im not a bathroomologist but i don’t think sliding shower doors cost 10 grand, barn or not.

if you try hard enough they can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Missing Donut posted:

it wouldn’t surprise me if the garage is mostly filled with things and that there’s only room for one car in it.

maybe we'll be nicely suprised and there is a well kitted out woodshop in there :unsmith: