Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Musk is 5 of those 150

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
In another article I read apparently Tesla hired a proxy company that specializes in shareholder fights to round up the necessary votes which is absolutely something you do when you're sure this plan is foolproof and good for the company

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

Elon Musk: Nazi content rounds down to almost zero

Normal company's response: "150? Please report them immediately to @trustandsafety, that is intolerable and we will take immediate action"

But I guess I just don't "get" free speech

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol my favorite part of the whole why the hell is Elon getting paid this much lawsuit was that it was brought to the court by a dude with like 6 shares or something

Just looked it up and he had 9 lol

holtemon fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 17, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Scientastic posted:

Musk’s invalidated pay package, worth $47 billion at current stock price levels.

The pay package, worth $56 billion earlier

Hey, if it takes them another month or so to call a vote I'm sure musk through his genius and brilliant leadership can get that number lower!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The lead plaintiff in derivative suits is (usually ) always just some schmoe with a handful of shares*. The plaintiff firms are the real movers behind the scenes setting up the case and recruit shareholders from the relevant time period to sign on in exchange for some payment down the road on a successful suit

* that owned the shares during the relevant time period

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Seth Pecksniff posted:

lol Tesla's board is asking shareholders to approve the $56 billion dollar pay package for Elon that got terminated last year

Ahahaha the quote from the chair

"Elon hasn't been paid for his work" ahahahah

Didn't tesla just cut like 10% of their workforce?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
The only way to get to Mars and spread humanity is by firing 14,000 or so people from your company every 5 years

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

In another article I read apparently Tesla hired a proxy company that specializes in shareholder fights to round up the necessary votes which is absolutely something you do when you're sure this plan is foolproof and good for the company

Not only that, but they were one of the many companies to sue Elon for refusing to pay Twitter's outstanding bills when he bought it lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Nothing funny from Musk. All just intense bigotry.

Here's Linda Glassowino

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

...! posted:

Not only that, but they were one of the many companies to sue Elon for refusing to pay Twitter's outstanding bills when he bought it lol

are you kidding me lmao holy poo poo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

are you kidding me lmao holy poo poo

CNBC posted:

Tesla has hired a proxy solicitor, Innisfree M&A, and plans to spend an undetermined amount, in the millions, to help secure the votes for the two proposals, according to the filing.

Tesla has not hired Innisfree since 2018, when it first asked shareholders to vote on Musk’s pay package. Companies often only advertise the cost of proxy solicitations when major proposals or proxy fights are expected. (Innisfree was also suing Musk’s Twitter over unpaid bills.)

lol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hahahahahahhaha I love everything

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Aren't those just normal experiences in new england?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Why are people cussing at me in my new $100,000 truck?? They should be adoring it!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

kazil posted:

Here's Linda Glassowino

1 wine and 1 wine glass of scampi please

🤣🤣🤣🍷🍷🍷🍾

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

ilmucche posted:

Aren't those just normal experiences in new england?

no these were bad "gently caress you"s not the affectionate ones

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I loving love the zoomer generation.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kazil posted:

Here's Linda Glassowino

Yeah they have these on Bourbon St

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

shyduck posted:

Yeah they have these on Bourbon St

Yeah but it all happens on X

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

holtemon posted:

The only way to get to Mars and spread humanity is by firing 14,000 or so people from your company every 5 years

reaction mass, this tracks.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Them teenagers watching TikToks about the cybertruk and being told by the CCP to curse at cybertruk owners

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Much like how sharks can smell blood in the water, teenagers can smell when an adult is a complete tool and will mock them mercilessly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know Linda loves restaurants

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I know jack poo poo about the stock market but this seems like a bad time to vote - unless they already have it locked down, thanks to the company musk might pay this time.

Things that may impact the vote for richy rich trying to become the richest rich again:
The share price has dropped like $100 from the high of the last year / 38%ish value loss.
There’s just been a bunch of firings - I guess that could go either way but combined with everything else it doesn’t scream “everything working as planned.”
They have an earnings call next week and people are expecting bad news.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

The vote will pass with overwhelming support because there is no rationality at Tesla

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Maybe Elon will get his $50 billion bonus and then gently caress off forever who knows

I sure would lol

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Is it the TikToks? It must be the TikToks.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
i want #linda 💁‍♀️ to smash my #balls 🍇 with her #highheels 👠 #italiangirl 🍝🍷🦐🇲🇽

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Linda Gabbagool

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
eyyy i eat-a the spaghetti from a hole in the wall

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

DRINK ME posted:

I know jack poo poo about the stock market but this seems like a bad time to vote - unless they already have it locked down, thanks to the company musk might pay this time.

Things that may impact the vote for richy rich trying to become the richest rich again:
The share price has dropped like $100 from the high of the last year / 38%ish value loss.
There’s just been a bunch of firings - I guess that could go either way but combined with everything else it doesn’t scream “everything working as planned.”
They have an earnings call next week and people are expecting bad news.

Despite the majority of people knowing full well that Tesla is over valued and Musk is just a grifting dork, the company has been sucked up into the algorithm. Various investment, pensions, hedge funds which have a select amount of companies that are automated via an algorithm to buy or sell depending on overall stock movement. Tesla is in that pile.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

remember when that tesla robot moved a box or whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ECwExc-_M

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Number go down again. Number sick

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Tai posted:

Despite the majority of people knowing full well that Tesla is over valued and Musk is just a grifting dork, the company has been sucked up into the algorithm. Various investment, pensions, hedge funds which have a select amount of companies that are automated via an algorithm to buy or sell depending on overall stock movement. Tesla is in that pile.

Isn't BTC in that pile now, too? Love when memes and scams get folded into my 401k

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

shyduck posted:

Only 1.8% in 40 minutes. I'm sure if they have a little nap they'll feel better in no times.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

shyduck posted:

We just spend all our remaining money on Musk salary, he's a funnier character than we've ever had

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Anyone driving around in a Cybertruck isn’t doing so because they got it before Elon was outed as a giant Nazi bigot, or because despite him it’s the most effective EV for them, bearing in mind the proprietary charging network, they’re driving it because they’re a fully paid up Musk sycophant.

Honestly driving that car around is akin to that scene in Die Hard 3 where Bruce is in Harlem wearing a racist sandwich board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

kiwid posted:

I loving love the zoomer generation.

My wife teaches dance/performing arts and all her teenaged gen z students are dope af. Super nice, all really supportive of one another about mental health and gender identity issues. Hate people like Musk. Warms this cynical elder millennial's heart.