Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
It’s somehow only been days between “print your code for Lone to review” to mass firings and the cancel culture style complaints. It’s a hell of a speed run he’s doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Twitter changes hands April 1st 2023.

I love this poo poo so much. Cajoling to threatening in a week

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1585619322239561728?s=46&t=nrt3Znbnis6qfycEtbsBCQ

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1588676939463946241?s=46&t=nrt3Znbnis6qfycEtbsBCQ

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Hey are you guys hardcore coders? Could you dig in and find where they do the shadowbanning?

I have an image of an increasingly irritated Elongated demanding to be shown stuff that doesn’t exist. “Show me the shadow ban function”, “show me the right wing talking point suppression algo”. Getting increasingly frustrated at people saying it doesn’t exist, it’s just cooked brained conspiracy theories and then firing those people.

And why do I always see people dunking on me right under my tweets? Turn that function off too!

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
The only way Alex Jones line-in-the-sand makes sense to me is if Nole is loving someone who expressed strong opinions about him platforming Jones again. Sure he’s acting like it’s his decision and stealing his ex’s dead infant story but given the people he replies to and has given accounts back to, I just don’t see Alex Jones being a problem for him.

He’s surrounded by sycophants and rear end-kissers who either wouldn’t say anything against him or he wouldn’t care if they did but if someone said they would no longer tolerate his cold clammy touch in bed, maybe that stopped it.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Is he a cokehead? Is that the swings between Apple buy ads! and Apple war! within hours of each other.
He’s just ripping fat lines and can’t stop talking/tweeting. Maybe he really did put the cocaine back in coke (diet, caffeine free, cocaine laced)

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

ryde posted:

Apparently the new conspiracy theory is that people like Baker, who worked for the FBI, are still "active" agents despite quitting and were planted in social media companies. Anyway, to the tinfoil hat people, this is a smoking gun of FBI interference. poo poo is crazy.

This is because in movies three-letter-agency people never really retire, that’s the level of thinking going on with these people.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

MasterSitsu posted:

There are tools to check if you're shadow banned or reply deboosted, etc.

Musk's own pet-reinstated accounts are currently shadowbanned. I suppose Elon should step down!

I never knew about that but just today I searched for “Loomer” and the suggestion / autocomplete thing didn’t show me anything but as soon as I hit search she was the top hit.

I know they always say not to touch the poop but loomer has open DMs… I spent far too long wondering if I could long con her like the CAIR thing but I’m not smart or committed enough, so I just sent goatse.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Just wild giving two pet journalists access to internal systems.

Look at the sidebar and imagine them just crawling through their enemies accounts, and at the same time firing the head lawyer dude who might have raised some concerns over this big brained idea.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Oh brother I can’t wait to see what he flags as “hate speech”

“Eat the rich”
“Billionaire / Wealth tax”

It will just be focussed on protecting Elons feelings

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

priznat posted:

More people should do their own "TWITTER FILES" dumps with either good dirt on twitter or just make up stuff to spam the search filters for that crap

The Twitter Files 426
How elon tweaked the metrics.

With several high profile celebrity accounts exiting and not wanting a stampede for the door Elon decides unbanning people to increase users/activity is the way to go.

“Look how many new users are tweeting” Elon is quoted as saying after unbanning notable racists and nazis. He neglects mention new users are counted as those not having tweeted in the past year.

“Hate speech impressions are down” claimed Elon, once again neglecting to mention the metric used to measure such things was changed: **** is not hate, black people use with each other all the time.

Unverified story that elon tossed out all his NiN cds recently…

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

goatface posted:

I think he's a true believer. Honestly expected the people to fawn over him.

Trump had that too, he thought he’d be president and everybody would praise him and love him, then he actually became president and found out

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

I tweeted his “assassination coordinates” / a link to ADSB Exchange a day ago. One like, one comment, one permaban. Saved me from making the decision on deleting it.

The appeal link is broken for me too :allears:

Edit
loving hell. Deactivate account is broken too

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 16, 2022

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Just amazing.

We had a women’s protest outside parliament last year where our prime minister tried something similar

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

As someone who ate a twitter perma for my doxxing of plane N628TS, he didn’t actually unban anyone. The “you are permabanned” message got replaced with “you are suspended”

You still have to delete the ~offending~ tweets to regain your account. I appealed with “lol gently caress you”

My perma got rolled back too, I deleted the tweet so I could deactivate my account, did that, deleted the app and I am out. gently caress elon.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
This is amazing

The coup de regret

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

He’s definitely just looking to suck some cash out of Elongs horse fund.

Maybe also grift from these sort of guys

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Uh um uh but uh and and and huh a buh um - in this clip he sounds exactly like a guy who got called out and is making bullshit excuses, no idea what that could be

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1606125506889392131

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Edwardly posted:

I don't know who to believe anymore.

Edit:

Okay yeah it's back, just got broken because of the amazing engineering decisions by their chief engineer

I was pretty appalled by the removal and I'm glad to see it's back.

I bet it was ‘yellow lines’ to Musk, so he told them to drop it, then everything after has been lies to cover for his stupidity.

He’s tweeting “false” after they checked it, after they reported on it, after Ella Irwin confirmed it, and after he rushed some poor engineer to restore it on xmas eve. Just pretending none of those things ever happened… he’s loving trump with a sharpie drawing lines on the hurricane map to prove he didn’t mispeak.

Reuters posted:

After publication of the story, Twitter head of trust and safety Ella Irwin confirmed the removal and called it temporary.

Twitter was "fixing relevance, optimizing the size of the message prompts and correcting outdated prompts," Irwin said in an email to Reuters. "We know they are useful and our intent was not to have them down permanently."

About 15 hours after the initial report, Musk, who did not initially respond to requests for comment, tweeted "False, it is still there." In response to criticism by Twitter users, he also tweeted "Twitter doesn't prevent suicide."

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Seeing the Tesla logo on top of the car made me realise that the logo is the doors of the Model X… or is that coincidence? Like a backronym but a logo?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Thinking about those doors still… surely in all their computer wizardry of installing farts and games on the cars system they could add a warning like “door open, please remember the door is wider than the loving car”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFGa2lk4jE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK0nUwmZhrc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGthsqPOsk

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Breetai posted:

Just spent 5 minutes earlier this morning @ing old musky a different insulting message every 10 seconds including the Australian Word and twitter bans/autobans still haven't killed or even suspended my account, my attempts to suicide my twitter account are being thwarted.

Just tweet his flight details assassination coordinates.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Tangential to Elon, where’s ye now? Is he still being used by chuds or has someone convinced or forced him to get some treatment?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
“Researching doing a tweet”

Given how many times we’ve seen him just crop a watermark off a meme and repost it, do you think he just searches for a name / thing, then steals “the best one”.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Having only learned of Eliza in the last few pages and articles, it definitely seems like she’s just making it up

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
This is definitely going to make / save a lot of money. Genius move.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Not listening to me shout the n word is censorship

https://twitter.com/Tesla_Dawg/status/1624681092514037760

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Don’t follow elon? Have some elon anyway, as a little treat

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1625272225224949760

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Wasn’t that his idea? Didn’t he say something about that previously, like it was his idea for the algo along with using people who pay for Verified/Blue as the signallers for trends and ranking replies. If lots of people have someone blocked they rank lower…
I can’t find it now because he’s said so many dumb things about twitter it’s hard to find a specific thing.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Raced AI: The only thing AI to be endorsed by Stormfront and the GOP

I wish one of these rich motherfuckers would work on a better virtual assistant rather than AI. Siri is a good start but I want ScarJo’s voice in my ear while she takes care of everything.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I don’t want to watch the thing but does anyone know what period he’s talking about for 1.4b cars?

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1631047428215324672

Quick stats check says under 100m cars produced worldwide per year… is it like a 50 or 100 year projection?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I’m hanging for him to start in on the other do-not-fire guy; full of confidence that “this time I’ll pwn the guy so hard that everyone will cheer and love me”

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Collapsing Farts posted:

I currently work maybe actually like 10 hours a week in my fulltime job. I mostly just play Total War: Warhammer 3, interspersed with some emailing and teamsmeetings. This is the best kind of job and I highly recommend it

Some weeks 10 hours is enough to get my job done and I catch up on my reading, forums, games. Other times I’ve got competing urgent priorities that make for long days on long days.

When it first started happening I had a lot of guilt and would seek out work or make work for myself but now I’m wise enough to know to keep my head down and the work will eventually catch up with me again. Although I still do get that little bit of guilt sometimes but I just push it down.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Parks, public spaces? Who needs them when we can go high density housing estate. Kids should be learning to code, not playing.

It’s too blurry for me to read but can anyone make out what this line is?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

nexous posted:

I hated this movie yet am compelled to watch it again

Weird not horrible movie. The screaming kid kind of grated on me and has stopped me from watching it again.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

priznat posted:

Those compensation awards are in stock that vests over 4 years right? Stock in a non public company they can’t even sell?

But it could 10x!
*Looks over at lawyer* I said ‘could’
*Lawyer nods*

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Egon defeated the bots but now has to defeat the bots with your $

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Slightly expanded list, from
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1640512821401206785

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Lazyfire posted:

It's really difficult to read it as anything more than "we need six months to catch up and it's not fair you guys are ahead of us already."

That’s how I read it too; you guys are so far ahead of us so don’t do anything more than GPT4 for six months while we try to get up to speed with my “woke ai”.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1641921726941626368

I haven’t bothered to look at what was released because I figure people smarter than me will, and will call out anything good, but it’s kind of telling if the code is missing the portion that applies/adjusts the weightings - Presumedly that’s where they made the post Super Bowl adjustment, and the post post Super Bowl adjustment after he got embarrassed by the articles saying “every tweet in for you is now elon”.

code:
author_is_elon = true
   tweet_weighting = tweet_weighting * 1000
However, that was the part of the algo where it seemed like scammers would analyse for ways to exploit so maybe it makes sense; but this is the elon thread and I prefer to think it was removed to hide the promote elon and promote super users stuff we’ve been hearing about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
The best and brightest are on this now, should be resolved in no time.

https://twitter.com/ProfessorF/status/1642326035684556801
https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/1642328895604117506
https://twitter.com/iheartmindy/status/1642358172026552321
https://twitter.com/thedownliner/status/1642328399824797696
https://twitter.com/Choupetcorazon/status/1642345295374692352