Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

For people from the future, here are the 2 events that led to the end of this era of history:
1. Obama making fun of Trump in a standup routine.
2. A teen posting where Elons plane was on Twitter and refusing to stop.

Everything that happens around 2025 was directly connected to these 2 events.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

If these forums are going to survive the coming free speech explosion, they must allow the british c word to flow freely.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

[quote="Durzel" post=""523034576"]

This is going to be pretty funny to be honest.
[/quote]

You are right, but he will also do things like send internet mobs after scientists or teachers or activists if it makes pepes give him a good ratio. It isn’t really funny, when the people destroying humanity keep winning

Edit: my apologies for the busted quote

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Lifepuzzler posted:

As we all know, flight attendants are well known for being skilled at settling down in a single location and taking care of a loving horse.

That was my exact reaction. I’d bet he was watching mr hands videos at the time.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

He's released proof that it couldn't of been him on that plane, maybe nswf:

https://youtu.be/ydXNfifKQU0?t=161

The horses music is kind of suss, though

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Rad Russian posted:

This is not smart .....

Actually, Elon will tell you he is very smart.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

its all nice on rice posted:

"I bought a cloning company and made a clone of myself. I then transferred my consciousness into that clone. I am now that clone. Since it was created in Houston, I can now run for president."

Hypothetically - if everyone accepted this, would he be fair game to kill, since a clone is not a person?

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

There is no way he isn't buying twitter. The power to completely send humanity over the end into a failed state is too great to pass up.

Not that I think that many people are use it, but reporters sure do. So there is no way every hosed up thing he does/nazi allowed to go fully hog wild will be part of The Discourse.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Whenever I get excited about Twitter failing, I flash back to the SA experts of 2016 repeating “Hillary’s got this” because of the polls and shouting anyone down for corncobbing as things got worse and worse. I hope this isn’t another mass gaslighting.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Interesting.....

I totally understand what this means, but please explain for someone who doesn't.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Devor posted:

Sometimes you put up stock as collateral for loans, the same way that your house may be collateral for your mortgage. If you don't pay your loan, the grantor of the loan takes your collateral via the courts.

The problem is that I don't simply want 10,000 Tesla shares of collateral, I want $10M dollars of collateral. So if your Tesla shares drop in value too much, I am no longer sufficient covered if you stop paying your loan. So the loan has terms that say if the value of the stock drops below $XXX, then you have to put up $Y Million additional dollars of collateral, for example.

There are apparently some of those stock values getting close to triggering calls for additional collateral.

Thank you. Now I need to go think about what is funnier, this happening or his followers throwing their life savings into tesla stock to keep it high enough to protect their mars emperor

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Did the epic email actually lead to much of the company quitting? I never heard any follow up, after it was said they had no way of tracking workers decisions.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Here is a recap of Grimes and the boat, an incredibly stupid tale. It is really worth a deep dive. I just love how little distance was covered during this grand adventure.

https://www.startribune.com/this-boat-don-t-float/49134952/

Claire Boucher and William Gratz had their sights set on the southern reaches of the Mississippi River when they packed their chickens, a sewing machine and 20 pounds of potatoes into a houseboat they crafted from scratch.

Calling themselves Veruschka and Zelda Xox, river names worthy of the grand adventure they envisioned, the young couple pushed off from the riverbank in north Minneapolis the first week of June.

But their journey ended only a few miles downstream after engine trouble and a three-week tangle with the cops. The Minneapolis park police trailed them from river bank to river bank, as Boucher and Gratz tried to get their boat in working order, often tying up to trees and hopping ashore to gather supplies from Craigslist and hardware stores.

Now their vessel, the "Velvet Glove Cast in Iron," is marooned in the Minneapolis impound lot. The chickens were seized by animal control, and Boucher, 21, and Gratz, 23, have abandoned their hope of reliving the enduring tradition of river lore.

"Even though it's sad this happened, it's still an adventure," Boucher said.

The trouble began, as it often does, with a sudden twist of fate and an encounter with the law.

Boucher, who's from Vancouver, B.C., and Gratz, from Tennessee, met at school in Montreal. The idea for the river journey was hatched last fall. After months of Internet research, they made the 25-hour trip to Bemidji, Minn., where a friend allowed them to build the boat on his property. For more than a month, they toiled over the engineering of the 20-foot boat to make sure it floated. They installed accordion folding doors, glass windows, pink shutters and painted murals in black, white and red paint of fantastical creatures on the sides. Strangers gave them bikes, a mattress and the sewing machine (powered by on-board batteries). They got a copy of Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn," which neither of them had read.

"I always wanted to live on a boat," Boucher said. "We both wanted to go south and live on it when we got to New Orleans."

They hauled it to north Minneapolis and shoved off from land the first week of June. Moments later, their engine began to sputter and gurgle. They made it to the other side of the river and tied the boat to a tree, determined to repair the motor and be on their way again in a few days.

They were awakened one morning by Minneapolis park police officer Rob Mooney tapping the side of their boat with a stick. Mooney gave them until the next Tuesday to gather life jackets, paddles and other supplies, despite a Minneapolis park ordinance forbidding boats from tying up to any tree, shrub or post in a park without a permit. The officer said the couple never told him about their engine trouble.

"I love the idea of the Tom Sawyer adventure," Mooney said. "The problem is it's not 1883. You can't do that anymore. You have to follow the rules."

When Mooney returned a week later and saw Boucher and Gratz's chickens grazing and signs of camping, they were given citations for camping and alcohol consumption in the park and told to move along.

"We were just trying to get our act together so we could get out of the Twin Cities," Gratz said. "We didn't want to float down the river out of control."

The next leg of their journey was much more precarious. After entering the channel without a working motor, they began to drift toward rocks jutting out of the water. Surrounded by caution signs, they frantically pushed away from the danger using sticks. They reached an island north of the Lowry Bridge.

The island seemed to be a haven for canoes and other boats, they said, so they set up camp and made plans to resume their search for a working motor over the next week. Swimming was the only way to reach the river bank, so several times a day they would jump in the water and bring back tools wrapped in plastic bags.

Fate of the journey uncertain

The tranquility of the island didn't last long. This time, the Hennepin County Sheriff Office's water patrol showed up and told all of the boaters to leave by that evening in advance of the Lowry Bridge demolition on Sunday. Another boat towed the Velvet Glove Cast in Iron to Boom Island, where the final showdown would take place.

Mooney said when he spotted the houseboat there, he'd had enough.

"I personally allowed them for a couple weeks to try to solve the problem on their own," he said. "It was clear that they couldn't get it done."

The city loaded the houseboat onto a flatbed trailer and took it away.

On Thursday, Boucher and Gratz took a city bus to the impound lot to retrieve whatever they could carry from the boat. They searched for a jar of wild rice so they could make dinner for the strangers who are letting the couple stay with them for a few nights.

The couple say they can't afford to fix the minor damage from the towing or have the boat hauled back to the river. They're planning to continue their trip south by bus. The chickens can't be reclaimed without a Minneapolis address and permit, so they will be sent to a chicken farm. Its fate uncertain, the Velvet Glove Cast in Iron rests next to burned-up and smashed car carcasses.

Boucher and Gratz still have a few people rooting for them.

"I would love for them to go," Mooney said. "I hope they do it."

Carwash Cunt fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 29, 2022

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I’ve finally found a video worth keeping on loop for while I sleep! Thank you.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

The impervious cybertruck will not bend or break, no matter what. I also found this footage of the interior, during a crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVW6DVi57cQ&t=17s

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

I feel like one of the Pauls or some other idiot youtuber with a young gamer fanbase would've been a much smarter move, but, lmao

Has elon ever shown the ability to strategize? I’m assuming he just likes catturd, they seem like brothers in comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Could not find the Grimes thread, so here it goes: Her performance at Coachella was a Milli Vanilli level disaster. Don't watch this is you can't handle cringe comedy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fauxmoi/comments/1c47y80/grimes_coachella_set_highlights/