Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crunch is just capitalism. It’s what it does m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

King Carnivore posted:

Chuds are freaking out about Elong’s choice of costume:

https://twitter.com/florida_anon/st...00%2Fframe.html

https://twitter.com/Musketeer4_Life...00%2Fframe.html

https://twitter.com/WtfWolf1/status...00%2Fframe.html

If you’re not sure what his costume is, nobody is really. The actual item is a $7500 set of “Devil’s Champion Leather Armor”.

I’m also gonna say it. $7500 is not enough money for Elon to spend on a Halloween costume. It’d be like me spending 7.5 cents on a costume, or something.

He doesn’t pay they give it to him for free for publicity

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isn’t activism free speech ???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Twitter board would not let him on the board without a background check which musk refused to do. There was probably a drug test too

So to spite the board he agreed to buy Twitter and destroy it . That’s what he’s doing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

davecrazy posted:

He spited them buy they getting an amazing valuation for the company and providing an extraordinary shareholder return?

From elons pov yes

Elon soon realized this was a crazy and tried to back out of the deal . He kept going with that until his deposition was about to happen and then he finally chickened out and agreed to what he agreed to do in a manic phase to keep from getting deposed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I really think the idea that Elon is tanking Twitter on purpose is giving him an undue amount of credit.

I think it’s a fair inference from the tweets that were released in discovery

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s a stupid ignorant racist who has been spiraling between manic phases and abusing drugs for a long time

Think of how these kinds of people do in the real world. Not great

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s more incompetent than I could ever have imagined

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How is it a risk ??? How ??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Can someone explain how this isn't the exact thing that Chuds always bitch about, a company openly being partisan in an election?

Also serious question: is Musk a citizen of the US? Can he even vote?

Yea he’s a citizen

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A Frosty Witch posted:

"- Eight Dollars: the features cost $8"

I'm so glad they clarified, cause I was a little confused.

It’s not even accurate !!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s literally creating a hostile work environment

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eventually the website will stop working

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

In general, companies like Disney, Nike or the NFL do not like when people can make screenshots of their ads served under a twitt that goes like

"the doars at ausschwitz were made out off wood, you poo poo lib think if Hitlar killed wanted to kill all the (((financiall elites))) he woukd have installed woodan doar? 😂😂🤭"

There are some exceptions, but, in general, as a rule of thumb, they don't like that

They don’t like it now . That’s not guaranteed to continue

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Famously honest person with metrics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump is a genius

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe the the solution is we don’t need to be online all the time and can just wait to hear things

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fair enough

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Convex posted:

he blocked the COO of the advertising trade organisation that represents twitter itself?

:discourse:

Elon does his own advertising

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is it good when your legal compliance team all quits at once ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kru posted:

It isnt legally possible for the blame to be pushed from the company entity to an employee

right?

right???

Depends

For example under Sarbanes Oxley (lol), certain employees could expose themselves to personal liability . There is personal liability under the clean water act as well for certain reporting. Or there was the last time I looked at it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The liability is statutory

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Endorph posted:

loling at all the people in the replies acting like this is some incredible own. it doesnt even relate to what the guy is talking about. the guy doesnt care about keeping his own checkmark, hes talking about people using fake checkmarks to scam people.

I think it’s “I have your 8$ so I win”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rinkles posted:

How does this end? Any chance of Elon cutting his losses and bailing before the damage is unsalvageable?

No

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Twitter was only worth maybe a couple Billion so he lost 40 billion already

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Elon admitted to being a cocaine addict yesterday and every just kind of ignored it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tumblr has been on fire lately

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Elon literally posted “I do a lot of crack “

I don’t have a Twitter account so you will have to look it up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ColdPie posted:

. But no, some right wing jackass can't let us have even that, so into the toilet it goes. Hooray capitalism.

Yeah

:(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I really hate this guy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also 25$ a dose ? Is a lot of money

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ziv Zulander posted:

Is there a graph or something to show how often this guy tweets at what times of day. I wanna know how little sleep he’s getting

It was posted while ago

He basically tweets all the time since 2019 or so

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

I cannot believe Elon is this stupid. He must be doing this on purpose. Which is monumentally stupid. Even more stupid? What is there possibly for him to gain in this?

He’s even dumber than this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Uh iron man has been around forever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Genericide posted:

How did Elon go from complaining about Twitter on Twitter, to legally having to buy it?

He bought a lot of shares with the goal of being on the board . The goal was to turn it from a “left wing” website (lol) to something more appealing to his white supremacist views. The Twitter board balked and demanded he pass background checks and probably a drug test (he would not pass he’s a major addict) . So then he got really pissed as the Twitter board and said he’d buy the whole company instead of doing the background checks. And In a manic phase : he did

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s a good RSS feed and micro blog . In fact it killed rss . That’s it it didn’t have to be anything more !! It was ok !!

Instead capital has to destroy it because being a fascist is frowned upon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are wondering what msm means look up what Henry ford is famous for

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No

Fords publication is so grossly hateful I can’t even type its name

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Elon owns the fourth largest media website in the world

Adbot