Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fufOaNG6pPo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Of course the next step in their journey is moving to Houston because regressive, seemingly libertarian politics suits them just fine, and the strippers fawn over them as if they were fighter pilots from An Officer and a Gentleman. It will come as a shock when the townies they knock up DON'T WANT to travel out of state for an abortion, and they learn the hard way that the state of Texas out maneuvered them with a honeypot scheme designed to invigorate the economy with a baby boom paid for by tech bro child support.

Having recently watched this, wow what a rough lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wonder if he's miserable yet

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I heard about Twitter

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Strong Sauce posted:

first review you see in the app store for twitter

ty elon.

Ah, the promise of the internet realized, an educated and well informed electorate

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How many of those are DevOps guys that he only just realized are the ones with the passwords

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hector Delgado posted:

Musk will be all "well well well, look who came crawling back" totally ignoring the fact it was him begging after accidently laying off the important people.

Lmao this is the kind of Tim & Eric tier writing that we are sentenced to live out in this timeline

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SRQ posted:

I made it to senior level administration of a HOI4 mod despite having like, ten actual PR submissions, because I did difficult high-quality work for specific projects.
Musk would have fired me but kept the guy that added new rail lines.

As I recounted in the trumplol thread earlier, a couple weeks ago I spent four consecutive sleepless nights debugging an esoteric and transient production issue that was costing the company hundreds of thousands of dollars and that the contractor team had already spent fruitless weeks tracking down, and finally I was able to solve it by adding self._init_params() to a single file of code

In Muskworld I'd be out on my rear end for lack of productivity

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I DID TOO THINK THIS THROUGH *stamps foot*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Very amusing how none of the right-wing Twitter clones that were founded specifically as a Twitter alternative (Gab, Parler, Truth, etc) are actually serious contenders to take up the slack in the slightest

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This isn't bloodm, it's victory wine, I will never log off *lying completely dead on the pavement*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

$8 as in beer, not $8 as in speech

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let me tell you what journalism needs: democratization

Everyone, and I mean everyone, deserves an equal voice

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Imagine being one of those developers coding through the night in the crater-ridden warzone hellscape of the post-bloodbath, scrambling through the weekend to get $8 Blue rolled out by Monday

And this is what it looks like on Sunday

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Who spends more time egoscrolling, Musk or Trump?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Free speech is saying whatever I want!

But you can't reply, no fair!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

smoobles posted:

does Elrond think terrorists are watching the plane tracker account so they can blow him up with a surface to air missile

I love that he is mad at a bot that publishes the output of a public API

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

syntaxfunction posted:

Musk fanatics and similar just want feudalism, but only if they're the rulers. That's it. They just want to be able to do whatever they want with no one saying no.

And if they just choose the right Infallible Superhuman Champion, they will be granted immortality for their loyalty and vengeance against all their posting enemies.

Heroes must be worshipped. Gods walk among us!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Durzel posted:

In all seriousness why is someone who is verified allowed to change their display name? If they are allowed, why doesn't it trigger losing the blue tick and having to be re-verified? (I think that's being proposed now). Seems pretty obvious to me.

Instead Elon saying that all parody has to be explicitly labeled seems like the worst possible solution, and is unworkable from a moderation point of view.

It's always extremely funny when some Brain Genious decides that the way something has been done for decades is stupid and he's going to swoop in and make it all better, by ... implementing a solution that had been tried and dismissed by experts and actual engineers as fatally flawed or unworkable sometime in the early evolution of the long-standing solution we've all been using. He's just inventing the loving bus again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpCzp0CmjY

E: I mean I'm all for actual new inventions, but there's a difference between having a flash of inspiration that literally nobody has ever thought of before / a new scientific discovery making something possible for the first time, and ... just not understanding anything about what you think you're "inventing" because you've only given it five minutes of thought in your life and you assume everyone else stopped at minute four

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 7, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also I'm going insane watching Elon obviously thinking he is just the funniest guy in the world and all the haters are just jealous

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

To counter Biden's woke student loan forgiveness, I recommend that we vote for a Congress that will pass constitutional amendments against abortion and gay sex

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MrQwerty posted:

yah all of it is just so bad, he misspelled masturbate like a 10 year old.

He's just so bad.

It's so stupid and petty of me to pick on the spelling of all things, but -- this reminds me of that "joke" about the Catholic priest who dies and goes to heaven and comes running screaming out of the Heavenly Temple or whatever it is where the holy scrolls are kept and yelling that "There's an R! There's an R! It's celibrate!"

Which , like ... how do ... wh ....

do you like.... pretend to laugh? Or just stare with your head tilted like a dog trying to understand NASCAR on TV? Like — what ... do ... you ... how do you think jokes or language or anything works

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's wild to me is how much Musk clearly believes everybody is desperate for his product.

He thinks he can DRAIN THE SWAMP and fire all the employees and Twitter is such an amazing place to work they'll come crawling back if you crack the door open so you'd better give them an hour ultimatum. THEY DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE.

He thinks people will line up to pay for access to twitter.

He thinks the weird nerds telling him his masterbatrovfefe jokes are super witty are the entirety of the internet and all the celebrities dunking on him are just jealous.

Being so rich that nobody ever dares give you bad news is just such mind poison

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Steadiman posted:

I really hope he sticks the entirety of Twitter behind a paywall. It’s the absolute fastest way to kill it. Overnight it would be over, with only a few diehard Muskets remaining, but even they’ll bail when they have no lefties to own. Outside of that literally nobody is going to pay for something as dumb as Twitter. Like ever. The very idea shows such a fundamental lack of understanding what made Twitter successful in the first place that it makes total sense that Elon will do it.

He genuinely believes the platform is the product, not the the users. It’s really funny and you’d save a lot of money on bandwidth when all the users leave. Win/win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1kJhSMuV60

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Twitter: okay poop is going back in

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I really want Twitter to die and drive an SA resurgence so I can go back to regdate shitposting things like “lol okay 23 regdate”

We already did this when Kiwifarms imploded lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

googling "tesla crash" and getting unexpected results

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tiny Timbs posted:

One of my coworkers bragged about having his life savings in the form of Tesla stock and is a massive Elon stan

lmao

Between this and "I lost $150K in crypto and my wife left me" types it's like we're bound and determined to divest ourselves of all painfully accumulated human knowledge

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CommieGIR posted:

Worth noting the same happened at Tesla where they basically re-learned car manufacturing through trial and error, which has gone abysmally

"Everybody Is Stupid Except Me" syndrome

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol Elon will call it plat

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon: I invented the Official checkmark, also the term "prime the pump"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CharlestheHammer posted:

The checkmark was kind of nebulous in what it was but Elon absolutely sold it as just like the old system but anyone could buy in

Because he didn't understand that it was for verification until all the advertisers pulled out over the weekend and a series of people patiently explained it to him.

He probably still doesn't get it and this is just his sop to get people to stop pestering him

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I keep wanting to watch this to see whether there’s a good reason given in the movie why a bunch of Japanese carmakers would use a Chinese catchphrase or if it’s just that the filmmakers are racist idiots

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let me guess how the Elon stans have responded to the Official White Checkmark:

"See? There's your identity verification. Now everybody is happy!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tunicate posted:

twitter hasn't previously been consistent about it only being verification instead of a badge of honor - pulling verification as punishment has muddled that

True. So goddamn stupid

Twitter was dumb as hell before Elon got a twinkle in his balls about it. Remember when they introduced the "Suggested Tweets" feed and forcibly made you look at it instead of "Most Recent Tweets" in chronological order? Which made it impossible to follow what people were doing in a sane timeline which allegedly was the whole point of the thing in the first place. And then they kept rolling back the feature due to user outcry and then sneaking it back in https://9to5mac.com/2022/03/14/twitter-no-longer-lets-users-access-the-chronological-timeline-by-default/

I have not opened the Twitter app on purpose in months and the above is why.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ProperCoochie posted:

I believe these are fake because elon is 1000% the type of annoying manic texter

That sends a flurry of texts at once

Nonstop

With no consideration

For the recipient

And you cannot get a word in

Edgewise

Every sentence fragment

Becomes it's own text

I am 1000 percent

Certain

That this is how Elon texts

I had a coworker who typed like this in Slack. I asked him wtf once, and he said it came from being a gamer

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Late but

loving KNEW IT, this was the company trying to save itself from him

Hey Elon you know what would be the great leveler? NO BLUE CHECKS AT ALL

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

smoobles posted:

the trick to running a company is to do as many dumb things as you can, as quickly as you can

Don't stop for any reason!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was ~worried~ that advertisers would be placated by the "official" checkmark and the site would recover from its freefall of credibility

But nope, he pulled it out and the nosedive has resumed as scheduled