Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

what happens if musky ends up owning twitter but doesn't want it? does he immediately sell it for a loss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

If he gets twitter he's definitely going to want personal control over the ban button

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

chaosbreather posted:

Elon has zero confidence, zero taste, he's just a terminally online memelord with a zillion dollars. He is a sci-fi nerd, inspired by pop culture, and Twitter feed, and cocaine. He is a bad manager, but he is utterly focused on making what he thinks is cool and futuristic things. He insists his corporations try to make him look cool, to the understandable consternation of the nerds he has to work with to get it done, and the battlement and bemusement of everyone.

I get the impression Elon wants to think he's super cool, and since his daduncle was so poo poo he's desperately searching for validation from everyone

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

PhazonLink posted:

the easy way here is just to make it more water resistant, esp if its just a fish tank test.

his what now? i thought his dad was just effing his own stepdaughter, is Elon's dad also his own uncle?

jesus gently caress why do white gently caress bois have to drag down the whole of human civ for their borken dicks and daddy issues.

His dad had a daughter with that stepdaughter so elon's dad is also the father of elon's niece/nephew, so he's elon's dad and uncle

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

steinrokkan posted:

Not as smooth as the lobes of people who are still running that joke to the ground

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Anton Chigurh posted:

It's interesting that Chamath is being brought into the legal battle between Elon's penis and Twatter now:

Twatter is pulling Elon's Penis and those of his billionaire friends into its $44 billion legal hole with a hairy number of subpoenas

Chamath is at least as hated as Elon by those in the know:

Silicon Valley Star Chamath Palihapitiya Is No "Slobbin' Your Knobbin'" Robin Hood

Yeah, I know, I've never heard of Jacobin.com either, or Walter Bragman for that matter. Enjoy all the pseudo-intelligent, closeted parent-hating, anti-capitalist rancor you'll find there, but it's only $1.60 a month to join!

Disclaimer: I may have toyed with the article titles just a tad...

:foksmash:

Not sure who chamath is or what most of that means but I like the use of gunther.

:foksmash:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Anton Chigurh posted:

It is indeed funny watching the slow, grinding death of this thread until it finally flies up its own rear end in a top hat

The thread is waiting for the next big elon lol

The twitter fuckup is probably occupying most of his time so he has less time to be a fuckup in other areas

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wouldn't this mean teslas would think bollards are worth hitting as well? Collison avoidance in general is a plus for a vehicle

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

latinotwink1997 posted:

If teslas aren’t already programmed to mow down chimps, they should be. A loose chimp on the streets is a threat to everyone.

Ask him to come on your podcast again and float the idea to him, joe

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

latinotwink1997 posted:

Does Joe Rogan hate chimps or something? I don’t understand this post, especially since mine was a joke (though chimps are seriously dangerous as hell).

He went through a bunch of talking about chimps. Joe is loving weird

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Zil posted:

Elon getting jealous that Trump is taking attention away from him

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1559691922725281800

His "rich kid who says outlandish poo poo to get attention because his dad never cared about him" energy is off the charts

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jet Jaguar posted:

OMG the replies to any criticism of this piece of garbage...

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1561141259900559361

(Also I wonder how quickly it gets totaled if it gets hit? You replace one panel it looks like you have to replace most of the vehicle.

this looks like a vehicle out of generally. a game where the cars have at max 40 polygons.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

PITY BONER posted:

Elon still pushing the Mars meme because it's the only thing he has left.

https://twitter.com/cotatopunt/status/1564211389148921860

Musk fans are deranged.

Glass domes seems like an awful idea for a planet known for hemisphere sized dust storms lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

goatface posted:

Theoretically, those people would all be employed preparing the habitats for the people who would come after them. You'd need more living space, food, water, oxygen etc. so you would have them working on that. Some fraction of the people would be doing the jobs you need to support those people and keep a society functioning. You'd really barely have got there, so they would also be just starting out setting up enough of an industrial base to keep a population alive long term in an environment that is in no way suitable for humans. Can't rely on deliveries from Earth.

There will not be enough of a society to support luxury.

I mentioned this in a pyf video games thread but it would definitely end up like rapture with an opulent wealthy class and an effective slave class who were conned into coming, then eventually eat itself in revolution

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Party Ape posted:

Remember the time that Musk kramered into the Thai cave situation with a sub that wouldn't fit in the cave then when the guy who actually saved all the kids said his idea wasn't helpful he called him a pedoguy then paid his lawyer enough money to get him to convince a jury that pedoguy wasn't an insult.

That's not the guy that is going to take humanity to Mars.

If you tweeted at Elon and called him a pedo guy do you think he'd get angry and sue you?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Will it have a propeller or do you drive out until it floats and then go with the current?

He's watching hurricane coverage while high and tweeting the first thing that comes to mind isn't he?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

busalover posted:

Someone on Reddit said he was probably high and watching Hurricane footage, and that's why.

ilmucche posted:

He's watching hurricane coverage while high and tweeting the first thing that comes to mind isn't he?

:mad:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Somfin posted:

Yes, and storage of the ones it does produce, and transport since they tore out their railroad connection and deliberately pissed off the rail companies- companies capable of holding century-long grudges- and also their factories are overworked unsafe deathtraps because Musk doesn't like the idea of hazard warnings.

And the cars they do manage to produce that are actually up to standard- which is a shockingly small proportion given the problems with the ones that they consider up to standard* - aren't doing anything new apart from an extremely inefficient battery power load balancer and trying to do self-driving using only image recognition. They are notoriously bad cars.

*Norwegian Tesla owners started a hunger strike with a list of grievances including that the cars don't start when it's cold, they don't start when it's warm, the cars are rusting when bought new, and the doors randomly open during operation.

are the cars still poo poo? it seems like the coverage of stuff like whompy wheels and random fires seems to have fallen off

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

isn't musky a big free speech advocate? excited for him to immediately start banning people for saying things he doesn't like

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

this rear end in a top hat lmao

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So does he own twitter now? Is he going to pretend it all went to plan because lord knows he can't lose face at all?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

jeffreyw posted:

What's the over/under on Musk having zero self control and unbanning Trump, flooding the entirety of Twitter with sewerage? The worst thing about Trump was that he was freaking everywhere even if you were looking at tweets about chinchillas or knitting.

Part of me does feel Musk would do absolutely nothing with Twitter in so much he's the type of person who would buy Twitter in hopes of getting complete control over the platform. He's exactly like the type of loser forum mod who would edit your posts just to win internet arguments out of kind benevolence because you were saying things incorrectly :angel:

0.5 unbans probably

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

can't wait for millions of twitter bots to aggressively start testing the limits of musky free speech

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1586059953311137792

Boy, I wonder what kind of "widely diverse viewpoints" he's going to include on that council

i would love to be a fly on the wall for the council meeting to decide if @misterfister69 should be unbanned after their controversial tweeting of "im gay nd elon suks"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

These are arbitrary "you're gone" firings with no cause so they're getting big severance at least, right?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Time_pants posted:

So what country are you from?

I live in one that's it's own kind of hellworld

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Please let this be true

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

"It's the brainchild of cryptocurrency firm Elon GOAT Token ($EGT), who later this month plan to present it to the billionaire at his Tesla workplace in Austin, Texas.

$EGT said: 'Most people thought we would never do it, but after one year of building the time has come to bring it home to Elon.

'Really we just want to meet the guy and give it to him. After all, he is the most innovative human alive, hence the GOAT - Greatest Of All Time.'"

been playing a lot of fallout recently and this looks like one of those things the raiders have stuck a head on.

if twitter loses a lot of money maybe elon should consider taking the company public and selling shares. could you imagine? the entirety of humanity could come together under his guidance and own a piece of a history changing company. He invented tesla and took it public, now that he's invented twitter he should do the same!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

priznat posted:

Netflix is no longer the worst value on the internet, they must be happy

Netflix is p good value tbh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

please stop calling him elmo. it's an insult to elmo :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

cspam is going to be pissed that twitter bums figured out how to make posting praxis before they did

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SirPhoebos posted:

Not an expert, but I think this would be actionable in civil court.

Even if it isn't, it's generally a bad idea to antagonize all the pharmacorps for no reason.

actionable against twitter only right?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Enigma89 posted:

With IPG out and now OMD then Twitter is in a bad spot. Desntu as far as i know has more performance clients which don't care as much for twitter. That leaves WPP or Publicis.

What do any of these acronyms mean, and what are desntu and publicis?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The Fattest PI posted:

I know people have covered this angle a million times but what is wrong with musk? Like people have said, he could be living the most absolutely amazing life as a billionaire possible, where we'd never even know he existed, like most of the other billionaires.
I've daydreamed about what I'd do if I hit the lottery and usually it starts with "pay off all my friends school loans". Imagine having the power to pay off them all, while still being a billionaire at the end of the day, and not doing it.

His dad is a turbo rear end in a top hat and never loved him which made elon crave attention and validation. Being older and super rich he now craves the validation and acceptance he never got as a child, which is something that money can't buy.

It's why he inserts himself into everything and does it all for the memes, he's trying to be cool for once

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

goatface posted:

He doesn't seem to understand the difference between inventing a thing and selling the patent.

If he acknowledged that ownership isn't inventing then he wouldn't be the inventor of paypal, spacex, electric cars and now twitter

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

It would be fitting for the last twitter post to be a drill tweet, only about something completely unrelated to twitter

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Scruffyhawk posted:

It's gotten to the point where you almost have to assume that any information being portrayed as factual in a tweet is a troll or scam or something. There's been so much flip flopping on how to tell who is actually mega-for-real-for-sure verified that it seems hard to tell for sure.

See stock prices eating poo poo on obvious trolls like "insulin is now free". Imagine all of the actual, well engineered scams happening right now that are owning people.

I thought the insulin thing was shown as being an actual market thing, not due to the tweet

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I thought I saw something about an actual insulin price adjustment or something that made all the major manufacturers drop. Might be mistaken!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can you not embed mastodons? Mastodi? Masts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

he's hit the purchasing something means he invented it stage with twitter now?