Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

quote:

Musk wrote that “anyone who wishes to do remote work must be in the office for a minimum (and I mean *minimum*) of 40 hours per week or depart Tesla. This is less than we ask of factory workers.

working 80 hour weeks, camping at the factory while boss man elon shows his dick to flight attendants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

he never shuts up about the time he slept in the tesla factory.

wish he would do a 12 hour shift of headbutting teslas

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol buy the moon

he can't even afford twitter

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Old rich guy that is no longer relevant likes the right wing. I'm shocked!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

"consummate the transaction"

sounds like elon couldn't perform

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

here's hoping elong gets banned from twitter and tries to make his own social network like truth

or he buys truth and claims he invented it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

You don’t hear much about his child now that you mention it. This is not inherently bad since children shouldn’t be harassed by media hawks at every turn but I feel it’s an indication that Elon himself isn’t too interested in his offspring, otherwise he’d bring it up all the goddamn time.

I mean, he has 8 and he complains about people not having enough babies.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lawman 0 posted:

Considering this lady is a fangirl she probably did the paperwork.
Edit: also she literally heads "special projects" neurolink so you know she is into hosed up poo poo.

it would be pretty irresponsible to suggest that musk put a brain chip in this woman to force her to bear his children haha

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Party Ape posted:

Holy poo poo, finally a way to monetize twitter: "Post 10 n words for $19.95 (best value)".

musk is african american so it's ok for him to do this

lol republicans actually believe this

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

UCS Hellmaker posted:

He waived every right to due diligence and process, waived the ability to look at their books and finances, and basically agreed point blank to a contract they wrote that was incredibly one sided that he obviously didn't read because he was high as balls on uppers and no one even his lawyers can get him to sit and listen to exactly how loving bad it was to not do any basic research and look at their books.

Him telling Twitter they would get bought at 54 dollars a share with no due diligence and agree to every term basically was an instant sell to the board and he hosed himself.

54.20:420: a share

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

wasnt there some other billionaire that was screwing his own biological daughter

Christ on a cross I despise these people

I'm not sure trump is still a billionaire

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

LegalEagle video recently went up about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ffKoZXt-BM

The court where this case is taking place doesn't gently caress around, so it'll probably be resolved relatively quick.

Justice moves lightning fast when it's protecting the wealthy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

I honestly wish all these loving electric car companies would stop sullying the good names of awesome scientists like Nikolai Tesla and Michael Faraday.

I dunno, Nikola had some pretty bad stances on things

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

he can just present himself.

didn't that get him in trouble the first time?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

ilmucche posted:

His "rich kid who says outlandish poo poo to get attention because his dad never cared about him" energy is off the charts

yeah, his dad was too busy giving all his attention to his sister!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

are you sure that one isn't a joke? "Build a spaceship it isn't rocket science" is pretty humorous

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

goatface posted:

1 million people.

Assume they're at it like rabbits and half the million are deformed Martian children.

As current large rockets can seat ~4 to transfer orbit, lets be generous and call it 5, that would require 100,000 launches, discounting fuel, supplies, losses etc. I make it 10,350 days until 31 Dec 2050, let's knock off about 6 months for final group transit and 6 months off the start for them to announce their super new colony building plan and transit vessels. Call it 10,000 days.

10 super-heavy a day, every day.

Needs elevators imo. Good ones.

You are discounting the colonists having 50 babies each like Musk

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

just build a hyperloop from earth to mars bing bong so simple

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Elon fishing for a Nobel Peace Prize in the same way Donald Trump is

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mozi posted:

guess i'll be banned from twitter soon

bold to assume there will be a twitter left to be banned from!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Twitter skins ala Winamp

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

If I've learned anything in math class, it's that lines only come in 170km segments, so it would be impossible to do this city on a smaller scale

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

He’s going to impregnate every female employee

before or after firing them?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

what's the punishment if you go over your monthly n-word limit?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

He's at the liberal emergency room, thank you

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The_Franz posted:

How to make twitter profitable:
  • Charge regular users $20 to edit or delete a tweet
  • Charge verified users $40 to edit or delete a tweet

Per tweet, not per month or anything like that. There, Twitter is profitable now. Elong, I'll take my bonus in cash.

how much does elon pay per deleted tweet?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Twitter employees: he's going to fire you anyway, just tell him to gently caress off.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

yook posted:

There isn’t even a crappy reason to do this like appeasing shareholders at the next fiscal quarter or twitter ready to die next week and needing emergency revenue is there? It’s purely about appeasing Musk’s ego.

Elon Musk: move fast and break things people

It's about Elon looking like a tech + business genius by coming in and immediately turning things around and getting twitter profitable!

If that doesn't happen it would mean he spent $44 billion in the dumbest possible way!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

Massive lol that Steven "and then the kids have an orgy to escape a sewer clown" King made supposed genius Elon Musk cut the price by 60% with a single complaint. What a shitshow.

i think it was part of musk's "genius" plan to introduce a really high price point, and then drop it to 40% to make it really seem like a deal

musk, of course, is a giant idiot

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

this is easily the dumbest idea musk has had until his next one

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

If everyone loves him, Elon is winning. If everyone hates him, Elon is winning. Try to keep up nerds.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Truly these twitter pictures are worth one US dollar

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Extra Large Marge posted:

The blue checkmark now comes with a free frappuccino

*me in starbucks* Do you know who I am??? I have a blue check mark. I want to speak to the manager

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

A lot while bail due to the wfh change as well. Weird that he's doing the layoff before that.

only downside to wfh is not being able to tell elon to gently caress off right in his face

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The latte tweet is clearly a frappuccino and not a latte can we get some fact checking on twitter please

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

big nipples big life posted:

NYT pitchbot, where are you getting chipotle burritos for less than 8 dollars?

that's not what it says

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Philthy posted:

elon out sucking the zuck is a pretty large feat

we just need that bezos weirdo to go buy tiktok

sorry, bezos is boring and just doing what other billionaires do: buying a sports team

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Oh, forgot to add the stupid oversimplified explanation:

So like, I subjectively decide my tweet is rated R, but then if enough people decide, it get be reduced to a PG-13, or whatever?

Great job, Mr. Musk. Genius thinking as always.

more like "my n-word filled tweet is rated G until 50 people are forced to see it and rate it PG"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

there will almost certainly be a new twitter that will take the place of current twitter when elon runs it into the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Terebus posted:

Yeah, no one else has tried to clone the SiMplE concept of twotter because it so easy and it will eadily be overtaken by this other platform that will appear out of nowhere.

there was no point to clone twitter before because there was still twitter

if twitter becomes a poo poo pile then yes, someone will absolutely make a similar service