Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Canes/status/1519817226215477248

canes winning the cup imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Another Bill posted:

That's playoff hockey!

*tom wilson flies into frame*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyuo2oF5B4o

That's playoff hockey!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Apparently Goodrow broke his ankle and played 4 periods on it :stare:

hockey players are fuckin idiots

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Headshots aren't illegal!

they are in fact, endorsed

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Deangelo’s mouth seals up like Neo.

Tony D running through the locker room halls after their round 1 victory

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

teuvo is a nice boy i swear don't let his team association make you think less of him

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

If he keeps playing the way he's played the last couple of games, I want the Avs to pay that man his money. I don't think this will last, though. I think he's just feeding off the Blues' hatred and I don't think either the Flames or Oilers hate him enough to bring this kind of play out of him

idk i think it is quite possible there are lots of combination hockey fan-racists in alberta

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

mennoknight posted:

I'm going to watch kids in the hall tonight instead of the flames game unless my dad texts me to tell me it's good

enjoy all the meaty fat cocks don't click that it's a spoiler

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

these guys were the best part of the mighty ducks movies

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

fermun posted:

It's so odd that the Avs played against their 2009 1st round pick (Matt Duchene) in the 1st round, 2009 2nd round pick (Ryan O'Reilly) in the 2nd round, and now will have their 2009 3rd round pick (Tyson Barrie) in the 3rd round. They didn't have a 4th round pick in 2009, so if the Avs don't make it to the finals it'll be because they don't have that draft pick to play against. That draft pick that the Avs traded wound up being David Savard who was on TBL last year but is on the Habs this year

no 4th, their 5th has been out of hockey since retiring at the end of 2014, 6th played one final game in the ECHL in 2014-15 and it's been all Czech/Austrian/German hockey since, 7th retired at the end of 2018 and now works for Boston Consulting Group

based purely on the information contained within the quoted post and my post: Canes in 5. ez.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Do you guys think the Canes will finally win a road playoff game

they will win exactly 1 road playoff game en route to a Stanley cup victory

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1532128818827341824

the french version of this is more clear, but Point likely out for the series and could return for the finals

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the nhl does not care about keeping its players safe and you should disavow yourself of any notion that they do

the nhlpa also does not seem to care about keeping its players safe, and that one should make you real depressed

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

Exactly. For the average fan, the playoffs is the only time they are really going to watch hockey.

i'd bet the average playoffs-only viewer loves seeing the violence and wants more of it

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1533571163313651712

it is as expected

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1533576478906007553

point at like 55% is probably better than the 13th forward on the roster id think

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1535088590434312201?t=yE1VyJOAoJ5MedzeTUhhlA&s=19

this guy stinks

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jun 10, 2022

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Not Important posted:

I'm rooting for the Avs because I really miss Devon Toews.

you're supposed to root against your ex's success, healthy emotional responses like this don't have a place in our modern toxic sports culture, t y

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

I was just looking at Finals tickets out of curiousity and noticed the Avs tickets are like 3x more expensive than the Lightning tickets. Why the hell is that?

denver & surrounding is much more an area for rich white people than tampa & surrounding is so they charge more knowing they will gladly pay it

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

go for a stroll posted:

I don't want calls that 99% guarantee a goal against.

the average success rate of a 5-on-3 powerplay is something like 26-29%

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

oooouuhuhh i dont think the avs can win this :(

did you get a tummy ache from posting this difficult thought, im so sorry friend

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

I used to like Cooper, but he's been acting like a whiny baby with a poopy diaper multiple times during this finals, over nothing.

huh that's weird I figured you would be able to relate very well to him

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kilza posted:

Avs get a huge asterisk next to their Cup. Next time don't pay off the refs to help you win if you don't want an asterisk, assholes.

sorry you should have actually posted this in the offseason thread where the Bolts belong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

No? Lots of people said Colorado played terrible defense. I said that Colorado's defense was really good, but Kuemper made them look bad by giving up a lot of terrible goals.

Go back and look at my post history if you want, nothing I just said was revisionist at all. Yeah, at the time I said I didn't like our chances against the Lightning or Rangers, but I said it specifically because Kuemper was playing so bad. Not because of our defense. I said all along that I loved our defense.

Jesus loving Christ just shut the god drat hell up already