Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna put 20 bucks on the Stars winning the cup--if it happens I'll probably dethrone elon musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cocaine Bear posted:

I'm these nihilistic times, I choose to reject what my eyes show me and embrace optimism. Dallas gonna win the cup baby. GO STARS!

GO STARS

ANARCHY

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Coyotes overcame a 0-3 deficit to beat the Stars 4-3 in overtime, then they overcame a 0-4 deficit to beat the Preds 5-4 in loving regulation

What the gently caress is this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zoran posted:

Are you just trying to manifest another finals run through sheer negative energy?

If so I’m okay with that

I'm giving em my negative energy too :goku:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Another Bill posted:

That's playoff hockey!

Yeah basically

I hate it, but history has shown you can murder a man on the ice in the playoffs and get away with it

Unless I'm cheering for someone, in which case the league presses the "make random shlub sad" button

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
With any luck this is the end of Bowness. Please god remember what an offense looks like, Stars

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

I am pleased that it has been noted by the team affiliated media and broadcasters that Rick Bowness and Jim Nill were blowing a lot of smoke earlier this year about how the team being poo poo in the regular season didn't matter because the Stars are "built for playoff hockey" - that the only thing that mattered was getting any spot in the playoffs because the Stars would evolve into their real form and become a legitimate contender for the Stanley Cup once "playoff hockey" commenced.

The line is now set that if the Stars faceplant in this series (which is kind of unfair because Calgary is a really drat good team, clearly on the same level as Colorado and the top teams in the Eastern Conference) then their organizational philosophy has been proven to be a failure and major systemic changes are needed.

Yeah it owns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dallas. Stars.

Shinjobi. Wine.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Playoff hockey is back in non bubble form and I gotta relearn everything

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jhet posted:

Hard to get away with poking someone in the face with the cameras inside the net these days.

Made it even better, honestly

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Never discount minor league hockey either. Hell, any minor league sport for that matter. Wild frontier, they are.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's taken many years, but I found the worst Stars fan in existence.

Home game, you're up 2-1 in a playoff series as a wild card team, you paid money to get yourself a ticket and you are screaming the whole game to fire the Stars head coach.

Hell, I don't disagree with the sentiment. But maybe wait til the series is over before you throw a public tantrum, you giant loving baby.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

oh if I knew it was you giving me the dirty eye Shinjobi I would have bought you a beer

no joke I wondered for a moment if I was sitting next to you, lmfao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stars and Flames will just join hands and become one team and advance together

Somehow they will still only score like 2 goals

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

poemdexter posted:

I went to the playoff game last night and it felt like the biggest waste of money after watching how poorly the stars played. Dunno if you could hear it on the tv, but there was a lot of booing of the home team.

I was there. I heard it, all of it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

poemdexter posted:

The cherry on top of the evening was our section won free whataburger and they never came by to gave us anything.

Holy poo poo, I can't believe it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Excuse me, I've been told for years that "This is playoff hockey™" and that buttercups should toughen up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bret Hart can eat poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Edward Mass posted:

I'm afraid the greatest wrestler to come from Dallas is dead, and so is most of his family.

This is a topic that came up today

My landlord came over to fix a ceiling fan himself, as he is a tinkering sort. He saw I was watching wrestling, then chose to tell me about how his son once pulled over on the highway because a Von Erich was violently beating his girlfriend outside their (presumably) beaten down car. He then tells me he thinks that Von Erich killed himself later. With all that said, he felt the ceiling fan was officially fixed (it was), and he left me sitting there bewildered as to why he felt like sharing that story as his outro.

And then the Stars pooped their pants. Happy Wednesday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Stiev Awt posted:

N: A podcast I like did a 3 part crime story where the Calgary Flames run a drug ring and worship a fire demon named Gord.

V: https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1524840861414084633

Unnecessary, extra, but I'm frankly flattered they went the distance

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i hope we litigate this for the entire offseason

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna throw a pre-emptive "I want to die" out there for my Dallas Stars and their efforts tonight.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Furnaceface posted:

I cant decide which teams fans are more pessimistic, Calgary or Dallas.

Stoppable force meets movable object.

Calgary fans are guided by long term history poisoning their minds in the playoffs, apparently

Stars fans have been watching their team all season.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can I also talk about shots to the head

https://twitter.com/HockeyDaily365/status/1525309209784492039?s=20&t=mjfHqGWnbakLBj8XgVly6w

I dont actually have anything to add

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just murder a player and defend yourself by claiming it was unavoidable and that you took the right angle on the player.

Just stop having hearings, I'm tired of the dog and pony show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

try again kid :wave: :wave: :wave:

NY #1 as always love da Rangers let's go the Rangers

this is sad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

it is, please pour one out for the poor cities that have 1/4th as many Major Sports Championships as The Greatest City In The World, New York City

please, you're no Daniel, Wyoming

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If the Oilers don't sweep Calgary the entire country of Canada can die, as far as I'm concerned

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mennoknight posted:

have you ever seen Mike Smith play hockey?

losing to this Flames team should be embarrassing to any team that considers itself a contender.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you kindly, Oilers!:tipshat:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

Okay yeah that one's pretty clear.

That is 100% a distinct kicking motion. It remains inconsistent with what the NHL has called a distinct kicking motion in the past though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
On the one hand, good job Avs.

On the other, lmao don't gently caress this up