Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Azathoth posted:

Isn't it about time for you to ragequit this account in a huff and start a new one?

Lol Daniel Dales dicks is definitely one of the angrier people ive met on this forum. My feedback for him is thus: take a breather, remember your skills, and splash your face with ice water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Azathoth posted:

It is rare to see someone argue so effectively or forcefully for their own banning, but who am I to tell someone how to live?

He also said Goatstein was a better poster than me. Honestly, he's the first person I've wanted to see fail in all of c-spam! I can see the appeal of everyone holding grudges against every person who's ever been rude or obnoxious to them.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

who is permabanned poster Unoriginal Name????

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Azathoth posted:

Their perma is, to the best of my knowledge, entirely related to conduct within D&D. They've been very vocal here about their dislike for the mods there, which I feel compelled to say is not against the rules here but their perma was before my time as a mod so I don't really know the specifics.

Also, it would be really nice if this thread could focus on C-SPAM issues and not become feedback on D&D or D&D moderation though, so like not threatening to probe folks or anything, just asking politely that we not steer in that direction.

I think moderation in C-SPAM is good. I haven't really seen anything that's egregious or stupid, and i don't rank 6 hour probes for small things very highly because it's just like, 6 hours. 6 hours is a very short period of time. I agree with all the Goatstein probes but also like how people in the Glenn thread aren't probed for being aggro because it lets me see people arguing different points and perspectives (which I appreciate). It's also one of the only places i've posted where people don't have an insane hair-trigger for fighting people who have questions about politics. it's a good place even if it is the only place people can retard without getting probated.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Fly Molo posted:

only post felicitous death threats itt

also anyone who caught a perma over thoughtcrime by the d&d mods, of all people, should have that perma overturned. railing against the mods as dipshits is the only real extant feedback mechanism SA has, and the d&d mods are incredible dipshits by any normal standard.

Fly Molo posted:

lmao this is some incredibly bitchmade poo poo and you know it

this isn't meant to be rude or anything but people take the ability to post under one specific profile on the forums insanely loving seriously. hate-reading and hate-posting takes so much effort and mental bandwidth that i'm always very surprised when people do it super consistently about the same poo poo all the time every day. I truly don't understand what has to happen to my mentality about SA before i genuinely care about a poster getting permaed forever ago for behavior in a different subforum. it seems very extreme to care this much about this kind of stuff.

i'm not claiming my life is so interesting and cool that I wouldn't be annoyed if I were banned for some bullshit reason, but c'mon. I also can't imagine explaining this kind of thing to someone in person and expecting them to grasp why it's even remotely worth getting pissed about

e: and this isn't even about being banned. it's about someone else being banned for something that happened somewhere else, being addressed to someone who has no control at all over what happens there

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 00:23 on Apr 30, 2022

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Calibanibal posted:

You've never given birth before.

that's true, and i regret my words.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Smythe posted:

the witchcraft thread was insanely cringe and it was very very funny that making fun of its premise or proponents meant you were a sexist bernie bro lmfao

Can someone link this thread please?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Plague rats walking into the boxing gym and swinging at the receptionist, at the guy sitting in a chair tying his shoes, at the guys walking out of the bathroom,

Also lol

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Thank you!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I read some posts from snoos and larry and I can see why neither of them post here anymore

the witching thread seemed like it really couldn't roll with the punches at all. the posts people were making about it being dumb looked a lot like light ribbing and the three main people of thread didn't deal with it well. i think that's the main thing people were criticizing- witchcraft and poo poo is for fun, but for something that's supposed to be a lighthearted mental exercise, it sure seems like people took any jokes about it very very seriously

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 05:55 on Apr 30, 2022

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

On the topic of bloodlust posting, sometimes the car thread turns in pyf favorite accidents and crashes. The thread is pretty solid overall but those kinds of posts are very gross.

Agreed

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Lpzie posted:

sumchitter should spend 10 to defend themselves !!

train alec to a new subforum under cspam, the gulag

stop killing Trump lovers, hard to reach 1k pages in a month.

make the top 10 turnkp posters IKs of the trupml thread

nobody should leave their threads without a passport....

Haha, lol.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Shiroc posted:

I think the next time people want to swarm to mock things like the witchcraft thread under the pretense of upholding Marxism they should actually have to read feminist Marxism https://files.libcom.org/files/Caliban%20and%20the%20Witch.pdf and see how historical witchcraft was women showing social solidarity and mutual support as a class and how that was intentionally destroyed in order to force women into a subject more amenable to capitalism.

But it is also okay to poke light fun at things

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Lol, again, if people didn't respond so poorly to ribbing the magic thread it wouldn't have been remotely popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

some plague rats posted:

I hadn't even looked at the news today. drown me in piss