Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

prince said it's ok if it's italians

edit: er, not prince, what's his name... andre something

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

maybe try not being racist in the next thread

I don’t think “Italian” is a race

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

OP's av is a Sicilian grandma, so I don't know wtf they know about Italian food.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Brother Tadger posted:

you'll never erase us no matter how hard you try

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

also caught your shameful ninja edit

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

20 Blunts posted:

i only eat authentic and real true FARTS and rear end

Akshully they don't even eat Farts in Fart town, isn't that interesting? I spent a great deal of time in Fart Town (or as they say there "fahrtooweh") while traveling abroad after college. I was basically a local and everyone there respected me and thought I was cool. Anyways, they would laugh so hard if they heard the Americanized trash we call Fart Town food. I would laugh with them since I am basically one of them and I'm smarter than other Americans who are dumber than me. What a transformative 5 days that was.

Next year I can't wait to immerse myself in Barthelona.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Brother Tadger posted:

Ask an Italian about that sometime

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
im American and im lucky enough to have a little place down the road that has some REAL italian food:

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

veni veni veni posted:

Akshully they don't even eat Farts in Fart town, isn't that interesting? I spent a great deal of time in Fart Town (or as they say there "fahrtooweh") while traveling abroad after college. I was basically a local and everyone there respected me and thought I was cool. Anyways, they would laugh so hard if they heard the Americanized trash we call Fart Town food. I would laugh with them since I am basically one of them and I'm smarter than other Americans who are dumber than me. What a transformative 5 days that was.

Next year I can't wait to immerse myself in Barthelona.

It can only be called a Fart if it comes from Fart Town. Otherwise it’s flatulence.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Italian food in my country is a battered and deep fried pizza

for real, I think it was actually a Italian immigrants who owned chip shops that started it and now you can get them all over.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Stevie Lee posted:

thinking about American for dinner

Why would a company called Franco-American make Italian food?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Eyyyyy OP, why doncha suck onna my big noodle eh? It’s fuckin al dente you rat gently caress! Madonne!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

OP never had the makings of a varsity athlete

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

also caught your shameful ninja edit

Lol sei uno stronzo!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Hell Yeah posted:

not in pepperogna where they invented the pepperoni.

This is highly misleading. Pepperogna is just a ceremonial distinction given to a sub-area of Regione Bada-Binga.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The chinese invented pasta

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

dsf posted:

im American and im lucky enough to have a little place down the road that has some REAL italian food:

This is the corporate equivalent of 3 guys renting an apartment because they can't afford their own place.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://twitter.com/NyCGuidoguy/status/1239014489737043968

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s pronounced pebbaron’

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What if I just cram my rear end with wet noodles? Is that Italian? Whats that called?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hollismason posted:

What if I just cram my rear end with wet noodles? Is that Italian? Whats that called?

Art

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Nobody says that OP, welp problem solved

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hollismason posted:

worms

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Always break the spaghett just like mi abuela en Italia!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

vermicelli wormicelli :eng101:

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 29, 2022

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
eat all of the pasta at once, give yourself diabetes, max out all of your credit cards at applebee's so that you can't afford insulin

:d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
if its not fazolis its not italian

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I'm in Canada but I don't think I've ever heard someone say "we're having Italian" or "let's order Italian", just the specific dish. I wouldn't be surprised if that poo poo is all over those insufferable recipe website essays though.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I call it Mediterranean food because it sounds healthier.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's a mozzarella stick dipped in marinara sauce you dick, it couldn't BE more Italian unless it had too much body hair

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think it's like civet coffee - if it passes through an Italian it becomes Italian food.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
So that's where Italian sausage comes from

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I call all pasta “macaroni” and all sauce “gravy”. Is that better OP?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

run on sentience posted:

I'm in Canada but I don't think I've ever heard someone say "we're having Italian" or "let's order Italian", just the specific dish. I wouldn't be surprised if that poo poo is all over those insufferable recipe website essays though.
big old spaghetti factory fan here

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Get this OP: The dried pasta I'm using currently is San Remo. You can't get much more Italian sounding than that. And from the packet labelling: "Trivelle. Pasta di semola di grano duro. Cottura 9 minuti."

Need I say more? OK I will puta! Sauce: Leggo's Napoletana. Both those words look pretty Italian to me!! And what else do I include in the dish? Grated cheese (an Italian invention of old) and mushrooms, or as the Italians like to call them, funghi!!!

So Trivelle Napoletana funghi, and gently caress you!!!!

Also like another fine intelligent goon posted ITT, I never call it an Italian meal anyway, I call it pasta!!!!!

And I don't live in the U.S., so wrong on all counts.!!!!!! :discourse:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'M POSTIN HEAH

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

dr.acula posted:

Kraft Dinner is the best Italian food

you have to put ketchup on it to make it italian

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

my favorite part of italian food is having capucchino for lunch, breaking the pasta in half a few times then adding garlic to the carbonara

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Rustic, indigenous italian cuisines are just historical context for what now constitutes modern italian food, OP. It's part of American culture now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

dsf posted:

Kentucky isn't in Italy. You're thinking of Colorado.