Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

So according to you:

-Johnny Depp is unreliable
-Johnny Depp’s lawyers, friends, and acquaintances, many of which testified under oath that Johnny Depp didn’t do anything, is unreliable.
-Everyone who was indirectly involved with the events in question and testified to their experiences are unreliable
-The evidence directly contradicting Amber Heard’s claims and testimony ate unreliable
-The judge and jury are unreliable
-The entire US legal system is unreliable
-Everyone on Twitter, Reddit, this thread that are drawing on their own experience or expertise are unreliable.
-Youtube is unreliable.

So the only reliable sources to you are Amber Heard, Amber Heard’s sister, and yourself. Is that correct?

i do think depp beat heard, based on the photographs and corroborating testimony from people she has no particular hold over. i also find it more credible because she is willing to admit true facts that reflect poorly on her, while depp denies things that are plainly true in addition to denying the abuse. (for example, him denying the drug use.)

i do not think people in the direct employ of depp are reliable except to repeat his views. (i don't find the small amount of testimony from heard's employees reliable either.)

"the evidence directly contradicting Amber Heard’s claims and testimony are unreliable" is unhelpfully nonspecific. i don't know what evidence you feel does this

i have a very low opinion of the us court system WRT domestic violence or rape cases; this is an opinion i've held for many years from long and unfortunate experience. i think juries are especially unreliable in this case, where it was a media circus and they weren't sequestered. one juror's wife claimed that heard was a psychopath, which makes me think they weren't meaningfully isolated from the same place you all are getting your heavily edited testimony cuts and poop memes

i read the posts and did come to the conclusion that the people posting epic poop memes were despicable, dunno if you missed that.

are you seriously arguing that youtube is reliable? that's the first funny post you've made in this thread

Inzombiac posted:

Remember, she claimed those two pictures were from separate instances of abuse.

no she didn't, they're both from the may 2016 incident where depp threw a phone at her face when she was mid-conversation

Tenkaris posted:

Oh okay good to know. Got my verbal abuse pass, guys! 🥳

just wanted to check: how many years of beatings do you need to endure before yelling is okay

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Cease to Hope posted:

you (and no other poster) don't want to believe the evidence is fake. i understand that. people will believe literally anything as long as it lets them believe a liar.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

DARVO is the go-to strategy because it works like a charm

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Can someone please post a poop meme? Hearing them mentioned so much, I kinda wanna see one.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

close this poo poo thread

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

no

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

just because amber heard is at least as abusive as depp doesn't mean she isn't innocent of defamation
Yah, from a legal perspective I'm a bit puzzled by this. The three defamatory statements were:

1. Heard "spoke up against sexual violence — and faced our culture's wrath"
2. "two years ago" she became "a public figure representing domestic abuse"
3. She was "seeing, in real time, how institutions protect men accused of abuse.

I think those can all be true even if her allegations were fake, no? For 1, that can be true even if her "speaking up" was lying. For 2, she could be the one doing the domestic abuse. For 3, the accusations can be false and institutions will certainly protect the men. Think it would have been smarter for her case to focus on the truth elements of those statements only, not whether they were about Depp or whatever.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

cease to hope posted:

a million words about why amber heard is perfect

:one:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Cease to Hope posted:

idk none of them have spent years hitting me or tried to hit my sister. i suppose i'd have to figure out how i'd navigate that maze when i come to it. hopefully never, based on how people treat victims.

You know that Heard has hit her ex-wife, at least one friend, and her sister. But tell us again that she's goodness personified and reasonable and would only strike at people in self-defense or over stemware for a party

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Powerful Katrinka posted:

You know that Heard has hit her ex-wife, at least one friend, and her sister

where'd you read this? because, for one, heard doesn't have an ex-wife

it's really telling that you'd only think someone could believe she was beaten if she was perfect

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Cease to Hope posted:

i do not think people in the direct employ of depp are reliable except to repeat his views. (i don't find the small amount of testimony from heard's employees reliable either.)

And somehow direct family members, who are even less likely to go against their family, are somehow more reliable?

And claiming DARVO is like the perfect catch all for your arguments. Everyone is wrong and we just hate women and long live the patriarchy. Even if Amber said “I lied about everything” you’d probably think she was coerced into it.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Cease to Hope posted:

it's really telling that you'd only think someone could believe she was beaten if she was perfect

it's cool of you to put words into my mouth

i don't give a poo poo about depp or heard or the outcome of this case. but your posting is insane and bad hth.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Cease to Hope posted:

where'd you read this? because, for one, heard doesn't have an ex-wife

This is what they are talking about.

https://fandomwire.com/who-is-amber-heards-ex-wife-tasya-van-ree-and-why-did-they-break-up/

quote:

in 2009 Heard was arrested by the Seattle Police after she and Tasya got into a rage full argument where she allegedly struck Tasya. Heard was arrested and not charged with domestic violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Honestly, not a bad idea.

It'll re-open if there's new developments. But now there's a resolution and everyone can go back to their lives, content in the knowledge that they completely owned their posting enemies on something awful dot com.