Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Popete posted:

So is this legit good? Looks neat but gamers seem to be very upset about Twitch drops so the Steam reviews are "mixed".

They also have a lot of people on Steam complaining that as per the lore, all the low-level enemies should just be bouncing harmlessly off your Knights to no effect, which is useful feedback I'm sure the devs are really enjoying.

I'm having a good time with it! I'm mostly running a pair of teleporting Interceptor twins who provide most of the game's fun and do most of the hard work while the Apothecary and Justicar jog awkwardly after them.

Complaints are mostly related to the UI rather than the gameplay (doing anything related to loadout is seriously awkward, auto-pause in windowed mode helps nobody).

There are some obvious opportunities to build out on the limited mission variety and enemy roster without too much scope creep (rescue a charmed diplomat from Slaanesh's influence, escape an 'easy' mission that turns out to be a Tzeentch trap, keep some Imperial Guard alive to prevent them becoming a sacrifice to Khorne) - hopefully they get a chance to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbo
May 29, 2014
They're also great at entertainingly being blown off cliffs by your grenades.

Adorable though it is, I will say that they probably should fix whatever's causing the Blight-Hauler to angrily stomp into the path of explosives and destroy its own armour on its first turn.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Samovar posted:

I'm glad to hear most of the negative reviews aren't about the game mechanics. How varied are the maps? That was something that got me tired of Mechanics.

Much more varied in terms of assets, although structurally I think a lot of the maps still start to feel samey over time (OK, so we've got a choice of corridors, a door to bash through, an enemy pod in a big room, and then the mission objective) and a lot of it gets covered in glowy Nurgle bloom regardless.

quote:

Those are better than Grey Knights but give me Orks or Kroot or Newcrons or something.

I understand that Space Marines are supposedly the big seller, but someone does need to remember how popular the Ork campaign in Dawn of War: Retribution was, do the right thing and invest in a Chaos Gate: Freebootas.

A group of squabbling and accidentally-heroic Orks, each with their own distinct and wacky abilities in combat? The story and gameplay fun all takes care of itself.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Looks like auto-pause is no longer an issue for windowed mode, which is good.

Endgame woes: Mucificus / the regenerating Chaos Spawn with 50+HP that you need to take down by repeat-stunning and then laboriously reducing his health -2 HP at a time is a seriously unfun time, unless there's another method of taking him out that I haven't spotted. At least I can laugh when he kicks my little dudes into the abyss and they just exhaustedly clamber back out again to have another go at him.