Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Should I buy regular or castellan edition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
anyone have a problem at the beginning doing repairs in the manufactorum. The Augmentation Chamber and Augurium are both red in need of repair, yet the repair button is greyed out. What do I do?
e: it works now, idk why

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 10, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Zore posted:

Save and reloading fixed it for me when I had the issue.

yeah that seemed to do it

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Starting a game, what are my upgrade priorities for the ship throughout the game? And what type of knight classes should I favor in my team. I gather going no apothecary, melee heavy (Hammers best?) is best.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
should i prioritize grimoires, requisition, or servitors?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

JBP posted:

I've only played a little bit of the game (maybe three hours), but it seems super easy on normal. Is it going to ramp up after a few hours or should I go up a notch?

how are you finding it to be so easy? I'm currently on a bloomspawn mission where i took too long to off one of the things and it spawned a full squad of plague bearers. I can't possibly survive the encounter at this point and I've been playing pretty decently I figure.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Captain Oblivious posted:

What day are you on and what is your team comp? A unit of Plaguebearers really should not be more than a speed bump.

sub 120 days. Comp was 2 justicars, interceptor, ranged purgator with psycannon.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Captain Oblivious posted:

Are you staying back and playing defensive? Not using stratagems?

Plaguebearers are pretty easily solved with a hail of bullets and grenades in my experience.

My bad it was 3 justicars in terminator plate and a lone purgator. I'm going forward generally speaking to try to fight. When I did fall back, they didnt move forward into my guns. And I have that cultist psyker dude in the backdrop laying out ranged damage to my guys.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

bamhand posted:

If you have 3 justicars you're going to need some honor the chapter and/provoke among them and you can then steamroll. Psycannon purgator is pretty good early on too.

no provoke available. I've definitely been using 2 AP honour the chapter though.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
how do you upgrade weapons and armor?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I keep restarting the campaign because I guess I'm on a perfectionist streak and want to make the optimal choices from the jump. It seems like its best to recruit knights from the barracks since you can assign their abilities vs getting them as rewards from missions. Is that correct? Also when it comes to unlocking requisitions at the grand master's meeting, whats the priority? I figure armor, melee, and equipment for my first three. Then favor armor and melee from there on. What say you thread?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

I mean, you seem to have a decent grasp on the four base classes. I agree that the game's UI and inteo leaves something to be desired. To expand on the classes a bit:

Apothecary - healing, can spec into several "biomancy" buffs on the left side of the tech tree
Interceptor - Melee damage, less armor. Build these guys for crit chance with both teleport skills and 1-2 can carry your whole team
Justicars - All around/support. Can tech more for melee or shooting; Honor the Chapter skill is very strong (if more limited in number of uses post patch 3). You generally always want one of these guys on your team
Purgators - Ranged damage, overcast psycannon shooting can do damage to multiple targets in large radius. Can later spec into a grenadier class

Then halfway through the game you get some advanced class options:

Librarian - spellcasting support; lots of varied utility. Teleporting (Gate of Infinity) and Stunning (Psychic Shriek) are very good
Paladin - Tankier Justicar with a different suite of support abilities
Chaplain - melee support character, can be built a few different ways depending on which classes you want to closely synergize with
Purifier - ranged damage, focusing more on incinerators (flamethrowers). More situationally useful

The advanced classes aren't specifically better than the base, just more situational and a bit less straightforward to use.

In terms of your other question, it can be worth using an overcharged aegis (10 armor or so) to pop an overwatch or two if it gets a wounded marine out of a rough spot. Just keep in mind the opportunity cost; 1AP for Aegis, WP for the spell and potentially more for the overcast, then a second AP for the movement. Maybe try to at least combo it with a melee attack to get more mileage out of that second AP, or use grenades/teleporting to circumvent the overwatch entirely.

Ideally you are killing the entire pod in the turn you activate it to prevent much of an opportunity for the enemy to respond. I know that can sound very difficult as someone new to the game, but one thing that helps is keeping your squad close to each other while out of combat. Just move forward 1AP at a time with all your marines, cycling through them in turn so that when you start a combat, your marines are all as close as possible and you can start shooting or charging immediately instead of using a whole turn just to move closer.

I've been doing 2AP moves and grouping up on the point person and it seems like a decent balance of speed vs security from impromptu pod activations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Saint Freak posted:

Why did the poster who quit on the second mission simply not use the good late game builds?

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
first chaos gate yeah yeah!