Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Really enjoying this so far - in as Jayme!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
The steak price is the same for everyone, right? Because if so, everyone needs to fill up their inventory with as much as they can afford, because it's at 31k today (FYI for new players - average price is 50k, so that's a 20k per steak profit once the price swings back up - the only downside is tying up your silver for a day or two).

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Finally got past the herb grind of ATI I, now to... wait for 250 more honey to roll in for part II. At least I can start working on building poo poo for the following parts while I wait!

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Currently on ATI IX - anyone able to toss me some Iced Teas? IGN is Jayme. Thanks!

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

susan b buffering posted:

The salt requirement is the worst since I'm adverse to voiding oak.

Salt can be found in Large Chest 3, btw - might be worth checking to see if you have any of those lying around.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

LLSix posted:

Woo me too!

Are meals deactivated for the whole event? I was saving up to get my kitchen, if meals are disabled, I may want to put that money somewhere else. Maybe buy my pig pen or a second crop row after I get the 100million one.

You might still be able to cook, just not eat - that 20% bonus to skills can help you out, in that case.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

Yeah they mentioned putting a cool down on PC if it got bad.

So now is when I should craft and sell my spheres right? I have 1 of each in my storehouse.

They should get featured as the Item of the Day at some point during the event - wait until then for the bonus.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

LLSix posted:

What's the best way to get salt? I need 300 for Find a Way 5, so I'm hoping there's a better answer than "grind Black Rock Canyon and convert salt rock into salt at 50 salt rock per salt." I guess Red Dragon would help, but my fishing and explore levels are lagging way behind so I haven't unlocked it yet.

Whispering Creek is a better place if you have that unlocked, since you can pick up fruit to keep crafting juices to keep exploring (although the loop doesn't last forever). I sympathize with you on the salt grind - I just finished a quest for 2000 salt, and the follow-up asked for... another 2000 salt :/ But yeah, just keep exploring and crafting - you can't mail salt.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Trying to get the various 150 gold fish for the tower quest is kinda bullshit.

You can trade Blue Gel in for Grab Bag 7s at the Exchange Center every so often - those drop gold fish. I cleared that quest pretty easily that way (although it may take some time if you haven't been stockpiling those.)

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I have been but my luck has been heavily weighted in the wrong direction.

I also just bought the pet that brings the bags and that was an expensive investment too.

Oof - sorry, can't help you there! Maybe bitching about it has helped your fishing chances - it's worked in the past!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Jundland's where expeditions are actually useful - at least it was when I got there, since expeditions aren't subject to Sandworm hits. YMMV on if gold or stamina's more important, of course.