Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Hi new players! I’m AReallyCoolDog in game — happy to accept friends and help with stuff.

I’m at 98/99/99/91 and just slowly grinding away at that final farming level and the slow, slow crawl of exploring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Agent355 posted:

I looked at the spreadsheet but it seems only some of 1-10 are available and neither leeks or cukes is.

Not sure what page you're looking at, but this one has all of the wishing well possibilities and the full list of how to get Runestones 1-10: https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=ww+wants

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

koshmar posted:

Do levels other than 3 and 6 do anything?

Pets return X items per hour, where X is level.

My first level 6 upgrade was Frog because I needed Gold Leaf for quests, and that was a huge help in letting me finish them without blowing all of my stamina on Forest.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Just friended all the new people on this page as AReallyCoolDog!

(The game is not good about informing you that someone added you as a friend, but you can see who has added you at the bottom of the My Profile section and clicking "Friended By.")

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

DRINK ME posted:

As a plus your Macaw also brings Large Chest 02 which you should bank for later quests that require hundreds of small screws each.

I am on Tower Investment XII which requires 700 small screws plus 100 flywheels (which are made with 7 screws each) and have given up trying to farm those chests from BRC.

buddy.farm has them at 1 in 14,677 - which matches about what I was seeing.
Each chest contains 8 screws.
So for 1,400 small screws it’d be about 2,568,475 stamina - if you were to do it just by exploration.

So now I am just waiting on the bird to bring enough chests for me to deal with this request - with a small assist from the armadillo, who brings screws one at a time.

Thank you for this -- I"m working on tower quests now and realized I have a full inventory of screws and no flywheels, so I was able to craft my 100 in time to replenish my screw stash by the time I get there.

I'm still parked at II while I wait for 100 more honey :(

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Kaboobi posted:

Got to the new fishing area and at over 6m silver per large net, lol lmao

I'm walled at one single cutlass with 250 spiders left to go and everyone in giveaways has run out :(

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I feel a little bad asking for this, but I'm on a part of the quest to unlock the new fishing zone where you need 100 of various gold fishes, and manually fishing is absolutely destroying my wrist/hands. I can fish for about a minute with mealworms before I need to take a break because my wrist starts getting hosed up.

Does anyone have an AHK script or something for manual fishing that I could run while I'm sitting at my computer (mealworms or regular fishing)? I'm not planning on like idling overnight or anything, I just need to get through this without breaking my body.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Awesome, thank you!

I'd been trying it on my phone and it's a little bit better but the repetitive tapping still ends up being pretty bad for me. Normally I don't mind doing it in short bursts but the fact I need around 250 gold fish meant that this one was just too rough.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
It took me just shy of six months, but I finally have the capybara pet :)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Uhhh any tips on getting 400 cogwheels quickly? It's all I have left before unlocking the tower (i've got everything else ready to go) but I have no treasure keys and husky is dropping them very, very slowly

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Quackles posted:

They're rare drops crops.

Realistically the drop rate on them from crops is so low that you’re mostly going to get them from pets, unfortunately.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

tuyop posted:

Has anyone else done Strange Companions V? I need 400 Gold Peas and 400 Gold Peppers and holy poo poo. A whole inventory of 1200 peas gives me 2-3 gold ones. So like, do I just do that... 267 times?

I got almost all of the ones I needed in the giveaways channel

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
At some point in the future you will need a lot of wine for quests so as long as you aren’t voiding it just hang on

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Where do I get an anglerfish? It's item info doesn't list a finishing location.

They're exclusively dropped by the Level 6 Macaw pet.

Also, for you and any new players, https://buddy.farm/ is the go-to site for any questions like this. It's a super useful resource.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah, all of mine have sucked so far and I’m planning on just ignoring them entirely.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

mrmcd posted:

I somehow got a couple hundred million silver?

I desposited all my money before going to bed, and woke up this morning and took it out, and now I have like, 10x?

Did you recently complete a request or achievement that might have awarded you a substantial amount of silver? That's the most likely explanation.

Edit: Or GM as someone said above.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

obi_ant posted:

I'm in a bit of a rut.

I have all level 6 pets, don't have the 10 billion for the farm or workshop, I'm at 99/99/99/95. The money doesn't seem to be coming in that fast, so I've been grinding out Large Nets and Crossbows.

The two quests I have ATM do not make sense without the rest of the pets. A Towering Investment II and Strange Companions VIII. I'm locked out by Herbs and Orange Geckos.

Is my only option ATM to grind out to level 99 exploring while trying to get the 2x 10 billion?

Geckoes don’t drop from pets at all, so you’re not missing anything there.

Herbs are a pain but spamming stamina on Whispering Creek seems like a good idea. Herbs for the quest, best source of explore exp, and crafting/selling garnet rings will help some with money.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

do it on my face posted:

Anyone got a tip on how to farm small screws? I've got a sinking feeling the answer is grinding Lake Minerva for keys.

There’s no real way to quickly farm them. Level 6 Armadillo and Wishing Well can drop them too but otherwise yeah, your only other option is the chests.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I’m just about to hit 100b silver and I’m on Floor 71 of the tower. Torn between jumping right on the crop row for the Merit Badge and 300 AK, the storehouse (even though I feel fine on inventory), or hanging onto it and continuing to grind out masteries.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah they even say it’s a grind. What helped me was grabbing the fish I would need while waiting to grow enough rice and beets. Then you’re lost of the way through the next bit when you get to it.

Now I’m growing pumpkins in case there’s a massive Halloween quest.

I’m actually enjoying them, because even though it’s a lot of poo poo it’s all mostly stuff I can actually grow/collect and work at, and not just some time-gated thing like honey.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Tower 78, 128 mastered, 58 grandmastered.

Slowly working on getting 100. Would probably have done it weeks ago but haven't had much time to devote to the game recently other than logging in and doing dailies.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
In the throes of a delirious 3am wake up to feed the baby, I finally buckled down, blasted through three more GMs, and hit Tower 100.

For some reason I thought floors 101 and on ONLY needed mega mastery and not also another 100ak. The good news is I already have enough MM up to floor 140. Not sure how I’m gonna find 49 more things to GM anytime soon though…

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

rafikki posted:

Craftworks helps a lot for fairly passive GMing. Things like buckets, horseshoes, wooden shields, butter churn, etc are all easy set it and forget it throughout the day other than to sell them when inventory gets full. Just need to remember to switch back to nets at night.

Yeah, I’ve hit most of the easy ones I can do with passive wood/stone/straw gain unfortunately. Most of what I have remaining requires explores from multiple locations

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

tuyop posted:

So cooking kind of sucks eh?

I'm in beta and while it's been slow to level, Cat's Meow and Breakfast Boost have both been very useful, I think Onion Soup is going to help people stuck on the Explore 99 grind, and Shrimp-a-Plenty and Sea Pincher Special both seem reasonably solid as well.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Weedle posted:

i did this EXACT THING today too

lmao this also happened to me, except I somehow got one (1) cucumber in there also

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Finally hit Tower 110 -- is there any reason to aggressively push beyond this at this point, given that additional artifact powers aren't in yet, or can I chill out on AK for a while and focus on making some money again?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

lol I just learned the hard way that you can’t sell all of your lava spheres oops

Keep one of everything that’s used for an unlock in the Storehouse imo

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

obi_ant posted:

Is there a way to tell what the milestone rewards do? Like what does Ashes of Pentagorn do?

This is a list of all the artifacts and what they do: https://farmrpg.com/index.php#!/wiki.php?page=Artifacts

The rewards from Floor 120 and up have not been implemented yet and currently don't do anything.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I could use one at AReallyCoolDog if one is left

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah I’ve read that update about a dozen times and still don’t understand how it’s going to work.

It’s simpler than it sounds. You simply donate items, there’s rewards when you hit milestones, and when you finish you get the rare item.

This is the beginning of the track for Watermelon, which rewards a Piece of Heart at the end.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

How many potatoes for a gold one?

:classiclol:

Right now the three things that are live are 2,500 eggplants for Runestone 20, 40,000 potatoes for gold potato, and 15,000 watermelon for a piece of heart.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

BALLS DILDO posted:

that makes sense, i thought it meant I needed 1000 cap, not just 1000 available. thanks!

Yeah, it’s kind of confusing the first time you get access to it.

I’ve been playing just over a year and currently have 17,292,089/758 stamina — the stamina cap is completely meaningless except at the very start of the game and it’s not worth putting any gold into period imo.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I just hit 149 a few days ago so this is perfect timing! Although I was looking forward to taking a breather from masteries for a little bit, haha.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Tower 166
34 MM
118 GM
204 M

After finishing most of the easy ones I really fell off the GM push the last month or two and am just now getting back to it.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Still need a 1, 6, and 10 at AReallyCoolDog if anyone has extras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I’ve seen multiple people post about “using” the Time Egg but I got it last night and it doesn’t seem like it does anything and there’s no button to use/consume it??