Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Maybe worthwhile to throw out in game names? GoodFarmersOnly here -- if you're new lmk and I can throw you extra resources, have so many I can't use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Klungar posted:

Yeah, everyone hates on Corn Jail but at least it is simple and straightforward. I just sell the Oak and Slimestone, void the rarer drops to ensure I always have an inventory full of them, and make Garnet Rings and the odd Fancy Drum or Sturdy Bow when pet drops make it possible. I don't think Fancy Guitars are ever worth it, though, due to how much Steel Wire it requires. Those Carbon Spheres have much better uses. But I am also making getting to 99 Exploring my main priority of Exploring, which is obvious not optimal in the present for Silver but I think will be in the long run, which means just blasting away at Whispering Creek non-stop.

Wait what do you mean by void? Do I need to be eliminating existing stuff in my inventory to get xp for new stuff or something?

Agent355 posted:

I figure I'll give this a shot because I'm addicted to idle games. Might not stick around because mobile games arne't normally my thing.

There is a space to put in a referral when I register an account, is there any benefit to the referrer for that? Does some random goon want a gem or w/e currency they'd get.

Just fyi you can also do the online version on your computer 👍🏻

tildes fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 14, 2022

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Any recs for what to spend money on once my sawmill/orchard/quarry/hay field is maxed? I’ve gotten the 100k storehouse/farm size upgrades already, full inventory of steak, and still have like $130k left.

It seems like I could do pig pen/mills, but I’m not really sure how valuable those are. I know eventually pig’s seem to be part of the late game equation but idk how important. I could also upgrade and or get more pets, but idk if those are super key either. I was also thinking about increasing grape production? I’m at like 100/day so having enough for daily grape juice seems like a reasonable upgrade as well.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Do you think it’s worth saving for the billion upgrade? I could - I think it would take like a bit over a week probably. If there’s nothing else which is going to rly be increasing my silver income I could just save for that.

Oh also important clarification- I meant I had $130 million left, not thousand ***

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Yeah, I feel like as long as you’re keeping it slow it should be fine? This feels like a game where slow autoclickers should be dev approved (even though in fact they are super not).

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
So I’ve saved a billion now. Should I just get the storehouse upgrade? It seems like the next events might be awhile away still for the farming one. I have none of the billion upgrades rn.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Will I need sunflowers and cotton later, or am I safe to sell them for $$? Haven’t used them for anything yet.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Finally got the hops runestone via the pity one you get at the 80 hops quest. I've been super gated by this so excited to move on and be gated by something new and exciting :)

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Large Island is insane. People said it would be a huge jump in xp but I didn’t realize how huge.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Davedave24 posted:

Do quests just totally dry up around level 50-60? I liked having lots of goals to craft and collect things, but since then all I've got to do is farm a million corn or farm a million hops or farm a million carrots or try to do stupid manual fishing for gold fish. I keep levelling everything up hoping I'll unlock some new quests sometime but no dice

Unsure what you mean by dry up, but there still will be at least like 9-12 quests or something later on. I have that many at like ~80-90s in most things

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Ah dang, I spent my stamina poorly today then. Came so close to getting parts unknown finished in time to get blue gel but I think dice/spectacles will end up gating me. Still, nice to not have to worry about gold leaves as much any more. Does enough other stuff require it apart from the parts unknown quest that I should still get my frog to level 6?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I am once again asking for your advice. I’m at 83/91/99/80, and am trying to figure out what to do. I’ve unlocked whispering creek and the large island just recently, so it seems like my routines should change a bit.

Q1: what upgrades should I spend silver on? Right now I was thinking upgrading pets to level 6 in prep for later help requests.
For context, I have a maxed out orchard, sawmill, quarry, ironworks, and hay field already. I’ve already gotten the 1B storehouse upgrade and the 100M farm size upgrade. My vineyard is a decent enough size that I can get 4 grape juice/day plus a little wine. Right now I have a lot of the pets to level ~4, but only have the frog at level 6.

Q2: what farm supply perks would you recommend?
I have most of the S tier farm supply stuff in the library like negotiator, as well as most livestock, farming, exploring, and crafting upgrades, except for the +XP ones. I have all the orchard upgrades I can use (it’ll be awhile until I can use the +500 trees one). I have none of the banking or cellar upgrades. I also have most of the QoL and bulk actions ones. Inventory costs 105 gold for +50, which seems a bit steep given the storehouse gets me that in less than a week, but not sure what else to buy.

Q3: where should I prioritize for exploring? In terms of doing help needed requests it’s sort of obvious what to do, but unsure what to do when I don’t have an active request. It seems like exploring in the forest gets me the most money/explore via large net fishing in the large island, but I’m not sure if I’m just not crafting well. I’m usually making a mix of lanterns/guitars/whatever other random stuff like sturdy shields or fancy pipes I can make with leftovers.

Q4: for farming, I’m just working myself out of corn jail (or whatever other help needed requests pop up), and then using my grape juice on either sunflowers or cotton since they are the longest growing plants I can have. Does this make sense?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Klungar posted:

Q1: Next big purchase would likely be the 1B Farming Row, but you'll want to wait for an event to come around for that so you get an extra 200M XP from purchasing it. Other pets you can get to Level 6 would be Macaw, Snake, Squirrel, Husky, and Armadillo (in that order), but you also have the Green and Red Dragon once you you hit 85 Farming/Exploring, so you'll want to make sure you have 2.1B saved up to immediately get Green Dragon to Lvl 6 once it unlocks (Red Dragon slots in between Squirrel and Husky in the previous list).

Q2: Do you have the important Wheel/Wish upgrades (Everything besides Wheel Grease)? Those might be where you want to head next. Hold off on spending any more gold on Inventory Cap now, as you surmised. Also, might be worth getting your Mailbox space up to at least 25, if you haven't already.

Q3: Getting Exploring to 85 ASAP to unlock the Dragons is your main priority now, which means you should explore in Whispering Creek almost exclusively, as the XP gains there are much better than any other zone. This also will help net you Raptor Eggs to get your passive Antlers (and therefore Nets) up and running.

Q4: Makes sense to me. Once you get out of Corn Jail, the crop you want to try and grow as much as possible is Mushrooms (to convert to Mushroom Paste to use in crafting or to trade for OJ).

thank you, this is super helpful!

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
One more question: anglerfish and sharks teeth? It seems like I can’t get these from fishing and buddy.farm not showing exactly what’s up.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Got my first raptor egg way on my second day in whispering creek 👍🏻👍🏻

It seems like, based on the calculators and a 150k explore drop rate, I will get one every 4-5 days on average given my inventory and orchard. Do y’all just void all the oak you get, or are you also doing a bit of exploring elsewhere? I was thinking about the forest since then I get antlers + mushroom paste, which lets me make fancy drums which use up oak super quickly. But not sure what balance makes sense here.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Koryk posted:

Is there any xp bonus to ciders, or is the 40 apples it takes to make them just a straight QOL cost?

For whatever reason this is like the one area where a better QoL thing isn’t also more efficient 🤷🏻‍♂️

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Umbreon posted:

Just hit 200 boards an hour on my sawmill. How should I approach the orchard? Dump everything in the apples until I can make x amount of glass bottles per hour? (In which case, what should I aim for on X?)

Glass bottles are more a “do you have access to ember lagoon?” thing imo- mt banon works ok too. You really just need to be able to make as many per day as you need to make orange juices and lemonades. Each orange juice or lemonade lets you explore, and if you explore for more glass bottle materials it’s pretty easy to get enough bottles for your whole orchard even if you start with just a few seed bottles.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Umbreon posted:

300-400? Doesn't the cost for each board become pretty exorbitant at that level?

No Ember lagoon yet for me, but I do have Mount Banon. Dumping my stones into glass bottles is going to feel painful, as I need them to make fancy pipes which is my main form of income now, but I guess I'll see how this works out.

Assuming I'm dumping my stones into making glass bottles, should I instead start investing into oranges immediately rather than apples?

I think still invest more into apples, but diversify a bit into oj/lemons as well since they should be cheaper if you have less of them!

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Is there any point to saving Arnold palmers for the event, or does it probably make more sense to dump them into WC now for raptor eggs? For context I have zero mature raptors right now and like 40 palmers in storage.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Steak at 66k- very good time to sell I think?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Whoa that’s crazy — how big is your inventory to support all that? I feel like that’s where I’m getting bottlenecks often

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

DRINK ME posted:

Only 1800 inventory, growing at 14 per day. I’ve been tight with gold spending so most of it is growth from the storehouse.

I was just opening 18 chests at a time and eating apples, every two lots of chests I’d buy OJ and drink juice, repeat. At home sick instead of working so I had time.

👍🏻👍🏻 farm rpg is really an ideal at home game.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
How are you getting shark teeth? Exchange center? I have yet to see it come up but maybe am not checking enough.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

quote:

Ric is now the official town dragon hunter. After Ric informed the mayor about all of the damage that the dragon caused, the mayor has given Ric broad authority to capture and destroy the dragon by any means possible.

Ric is beginning his efforts by collecting additional resources to help his hunt. Everyone in town will now be expected to contribute daily to the town relief fund. Ric is managing the funds and resources collected. He will also be doing regular check-ins with the townsfolk to collect their contributions and to search for the dragon, or its remains.

Anyone that fails to contribute, or that fails to report any dragon sightings, will be sent to the newly formed Mt. Banon Work Camp.

Ric intends for the work camp to be a way to help provide resources for the town relief fund, and a way to ensure law and order during his hunt for the dragon.

… am I like aiding and abetting a nascent dictator here?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Is it worthwhile to explore for skull coins, or should I just try and get the level 6 Python instead?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I think fishing is going to be your best $ source. Depends on the pet upgrades etc that you have what to focus on I think. In general I think trying to get raptors would be a good call.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Is this a correct read of the patch notes?: Every day if you’re above max it will give you all the stamina you would’ve gotten if you were spending it down continually. So actually a bit more efficient to just always stay about your max stamina?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Lawlicaust posted:

You get one from mailbox but the second one comes from exchange

Mass Hysteria is the pass if anyone else is wondering

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Month 1 results: 99/99/99/96, unlocked WC/LI/PC, 10B storehouse bought, ATI currently at step III (honey jailed), fishing merit badge progress at 43.5%.

Could have probably pushed further, but covid + death in the family kinda took the wind out of my sails in the second half.

That's a really rough combo irl :(

Also that is a crazy amount of progress in a month!

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Sometimes when fishing a thing will pop up telling you to wait a second. If you keep fishing without a pause, which it seems like that script would do, that might be another way that they can find you.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
What should I spend exploring on once I’m 4x99? Just whatever I need to GM stuff?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
lmao look at the leaderboards and click on them for stats. My boy got annihilated by #3.

My other one seems somehow competitive at least so far.

Tho exhaustion sets in even with wins apparently? Seems like ten in a row or so = exhaust

E: ignore the above

tildes fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 2, 2022

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
#135 atm with a 29 claw investment. I don’t think I’ll be able to keep it up once more people start playing since that’s all I’ve got. It would’ve been nice to peak in the top 100 but honestly better than I expected.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
PSA: at the moment equipping Shields seems to be a mistake. They skip a turn it seems and don’t give much of a defense boost.

E: apparently same might also be true of swords? Just from looking at my battles they seem to not take up turns in the same way tho.

I regret putting like 200 of each on my raptors.

It also might have to do with how strong your raptors are. It kind of seems like higher stat raptors have shorter fights, which makes the buff less useful since it has less time to apply? Idk- it does seem like after this my top 300 raptor is doing worse but my top 1000-2000 raptors are doing a bit better.

In conclusion, pls buddy.farm make a calculator

tildes fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 5, 2022

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I was not at all prepared for the seaweed grind - I’m getting like 1-2 a large net. Is there a trick to this? I didn’t see a wishing well option.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Atoramos posted:

There's been some insane giveaways in chat. I thanked someone for funding a giveaway I got 100g from...only to be gifted 3k more.

Welp, got all the farm perks and have 1.5k left, I know to save 400 or so for Craftworks... What else do I use this on? Inventory costs me 75g and Mailbox is 60, I guess those?

I would honestly save it for stuff coming out in the future maybe? Idk tho that’s so much.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
First $10b to inventory growth, right? I’ve got all pets but the onion, and all to level 6 but the owl.

Alternatives would be the onion or the crop row I guess, but those seem less useful.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Are the payouts from this education quest good? 30,000 parchment seems like quite a bit of grinding if the rewards stay as low as the first 2 are.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Hm I asked in global chat, and the consensus there was that it is not worth it unless you are near the top of the tower and have little else to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I just got everything required for large nets. 600 gold felt like I'd saved up way more than necessary, but turns out that was actually exactly what was required. I end most days with hundreds of unused antlers, so excited to change that