Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Hacking the 3DS is pretty easy these days and you can inject the ROM to run pretty well :science:
Seconding that 3DS hacking is easy, and you can also use the fiesta patch to start with all jobs/have cactuar (is pixel hacking equally easy? I guess it's on PC so it must be)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Feldegast42 posted:

I've never played through FF5 non-fiesta like.
I will say that doing a single 100% run is fun

you get to pick up chests you have never even seen before (lookin at you Island Shrine)
you get to absolutely murder everything (even the Sealed Temple is borderline trivial if you take off the weighted clothes)
you get to experience FFV without any pressure at all to care about anything other than "big rapid fire :)"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

girl dick energy posted:

Please, god. No one do this to themselves. With the Matrix version defunct, there's not even an achievement for it any more!
pixel has a cheevo for it

and because quicksave glitch doesn't work I sure as gently caress didn't do it in the rear end end of the void

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ultrafilter posted:

Does the PR cheevo require you to master every job with every character or just one character per job?
Neither! It's "every job on one character", which is basically the same as every job on every character except it won't be Lenna and probably won't be Krile either because they're both gone from the party for a fixed bit.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Android Blues posted:

It can happen, but you need a lot of RNG to go your way in this fight (it's useless hitting the jackpot on Protect counters if he then uses Sonic Wave/Discord on two of your monks, for instance)
Just to randomly interject here, we found out yesterdayish in the Discord that on Pixel, if you die and get revived after Discord, those levels come back. So this fight is maaaaarginally less bad! Marginally.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ace Transmuter posted:

What's the deal with Quantum Bard again? How does it work?

quote:

* [BRD] On the SNES and GBA versions, there's an interesting glitch where if you 1) have a Bard sing a stat boosting song, then 2) put them to Sleep with a spell and 3) wake them up, the song they're singing will continue ticking upwards despite them being free to act.
* [BRD] If they sing another stat song, the first song will go away, so you want to do other actions like dealing damage or singing songs like Romeo's Ballad.
I just stole from enkibot because I am very lazy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mandoric posted:

It's still there. Might have to flag one of the clues, and it might get more frequent once you've been there at least once, but those might just be confirmation bias.
definitely don't need a clue, but also definitely harder to get into

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Princey posted:

Went to the Trench, and the Three Stooges were a collosal pain. Same "no good AOE options" problem as the Gargoyles, but three of them this time, with more HP. Luckily I could count on being able to reflect Delta Attack onto one of them and eventually things lined up so I could murder them before they revived.
Lamp doesn't cost any money and you can even replenish it on the way out of the dungeon :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KataraniSword posted:

On the screen you fight Twintania, Mammons (originally from Moore Forest) are available as a rare encounter and use Rainbow Wind, which sets Blind + Sap. That sap's not going to land, but it's still better than lugging a Beastmaster with an unusable Catch through 80% of the void.
I feel like my party is rarely bad enough that having one person who can't use !Release is the dealbreaker (but also I would still just use a Mammon)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cattail Prophet posted:

Oh, I guess Old immunity means Time Slip doesn't work for putting Atomos to sleep. I feel like I've probably learned this before and just didn't commit it to memory because I've never been in a situation where it affected me.
This isn't true on Pixel - Old immunity no longer blocks Time Slip... and, of course, that means Aegis Shield no longer blocks White Hole's death - but is indeed true on SNES/GBA.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Olesh posted:

As for getting Shinryu into Berserk status, well.... there's the Wonder Wand? You can !Release a Mammon and hope that it reflects onto Shinryu and lands?
!Release Mammon is the ol' reliable strat, and you can also blind by releasing a Gaiajelly from the same encounter. It's tedious to reset until you hit the Mammon releasing onto a Reflected party member, but it's completely braindead beyond that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I was gonna just release four Dragon Aevis on him, but release seems to have been changed. Instead of releasing what I caught, it just releases a random monster from the area.
holy poo poo what

also uh, yeah, throwing money would have been my strat. the Ninja can throw the legendary weapons and such, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

girl dick energy posted:

* Death Sickle
:eng101:
world one ribbon, not that you need it, but :sparkles: