Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i stopped playing heresy around inferno because it got tedious trying to interpolate various 40k editions into the game and then they do this??? fine! i'll come back!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

TTerrible posted:

Don't worry, people are VERY ANGRY about all the support the game is getting.

why would people get mad about that besides 'thats Warhammer baby'?

can i play thousand sons yet without being that guy?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i want to say no. the rubric of Ahriman is what turned them to dust iirc, almost definitely after the siege of terra

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
wait this age of darkness box is an insane deal? what the hell

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
huh. i didn't really pay attention to that entry existing.

i think in practice the only thing that changes is that you can use them as your mandatory troops if you're PotL but...only bring two troops choices? is that happening a ton? you either get to use indomitus in small games or can get two more scoring terminator units. that's good (better?) but i don't know if it sounds insane

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
oh, right, six troops, duh.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
those are sick but do the proportions look weird to anyone else? i haven't seen a good photo of the helmed versions, maybe those are better

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anyone know where all of the death guard stuff that was preordered went? gone off of the site

Oh they were...a limited sale??? Why???

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 28, 2022

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mr Teatime posted:

Holy poo poo they’re rereleasing Aevos Jovan and the missing auxilia rapier teams. Jovans currently rarer than hens teeth and costs a fortune if you wanted him. I just paid far too much for a complete auxilia transfer sheet, I wonder if that’s coming back too.

gently caress yewh

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
did they really ever only make one solar auxilia leman russ model?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
p...plastic incoming? :smith:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why is sanguinius oop? I noticed it a while ago and kept forgetting to ask

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
in my 1e recollection, a lot of the consul upgrades couldn't select terminator armor options. did they do away with that? none of these consul options say they can't select terminator poo poo. am I missing something?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

The power armour, cataphractii, and tartaros centurions are all different unit entries and each one has a list of which consul upgrades they can take.

edit: for convenience, Master of Signals, Vigilator, Pathfinder, Moritat, Praevian, and Armistos are the upgrades that cannot be taken with terminator armour essentially.

ah okay, that's what it is then. thank you

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does it make sense to run tanks in squadrons in smaller games? my understanding is that the entire squadron has to target the same unit, but what exactly are you supposed to be shooting with a squadron of like...Typhons or even kratos that makes sense?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's...an epic announcement, right? that's what that was?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i've been messing around with some white scars and i have a question about the ebon keshig row - it's says all units consisting of infantry or whatever must be given the kharash and fnp 5+ special rules. am i misreading this and they just mean that all units consisting of infantry get those rules?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i really hate the beakies.

also did they discontinue all those Space Wolves upgrade kits for their troops?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so like half of the solar auxilia range is oop? what the hell?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i guess that makes sense considering what's sold out online.

are we finally getting rotor cannon veletaris???

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
like I said before, currently every model that has the reinforced void armor is OoP. they're almost definitely moving those to plastic, in this scenario

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it really is great to see how far this stuff is coming. i remember buying dracosans when they launched, and after a bunch of back and forth and replacement parts, customer service told me the tank just couldn't be loving assembled. it was insane

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
very jazzed about veletaris sentinel. also waiting to see axe veletaris and the rules-implied heavy weapon veletaris. glad i have a few resin kits i never assembled to mix in

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Stephenls posted:

The space marines also have four weapon kits, though -- the special weapons box; the heavy weapons box with volkite culverins, lascannons, and autocannons; the heavy weapons box with heavy flamers, multimeltas, and plasma cannons; and the heavy weapons box with missile launchers and heavy bolters. We also have reason to believe there will soon be at least one more added, with plastic melee weapons. I think it's entirely possible GW will fill out some of the gaps in the Solar Auxilia gear loadouts by putting out one or two of those for 'em, and that might be all they "need" as such.

Maybe they could do resin bodies for the heavy void armor the way they did resin bodies for the Necromunda Orlocks when they realized people didn't want all their Orlock gangers to be dudes. Make 'em compatible with plastic reinforced void arms. All that said, I just noticed that the Solar Auxilia Flamer Section resin kit is still in the store, so that hypothetical upgrade sprue for the Veletaris Storm Section to let them make Veletaris Command and Vanguard Sections might be a long time coming.

we have seen plastic veletaris and the resin models have been OOP for quite a while

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Stephenls posted:

I'm talking about these.

I know we've seen plastic Veletaris. What we've seen is a plastic Veletaris Storm Section with volkite chargers and storm axes, which I've been talking about. My point was, there's a good chance we'll see a kit for the missing Veletaris Vanguard and Command Sections, possibly as an upgrade sprue to the plastic Veletaris Storm Section...

...but for the other Solar Auxilia troops that are getting plastic kits, their resin kits went OOP a while before the plastic kits were announced, and this resin Flamer Section kit -- which in Heresy 2nd edition is a loadout option for the Veletaris Vanguard Section -- is still in production now (albeit currently out of stock). That suggests it might be a while before we see upgrades for the Veletaris Storm Section to turn them into bodies for the other reinforced void armor options.

fwiw, the flamer section that has a kit is the infantry tercio one, not the veletaris one. the heavy flamer is a new option, like you said, and the flamer section is one of the first SA models they released. i’m sure they gave them the heavy flamer option just to pad out the upcoming upgrade sprue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Stephenls posted:

Hm. Point.

...weird. Is it just me, are the only Solar Auxilia regular-rear end non-reinforced void armor unit in Liber Imperium who can even take flamers the Tactical Command Section and the Companion Section? There's no Flamer Section anymore at all.

i hadn't even checked, but yes. maybe they'll be back in the campaign book, but that is very weird